2020 Redcafe NFL Fantasy League

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Are ESPN and Yahoo updating players who have been opting out of not playing this year? I haven’t done any mock drafts yet this year so I don’t know.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'm down to play in 2 leagues if needed :)

Sandyman

Are ESPN and Yahoo updating players who have been opting out of not playing this year? I haven’t done any mock drafts yet this year so I don’t know.
Not sure as I haven't read up on it but ESPN has a list of players who are opting out on their main site that they will keep updating it.

Can we keep the 2nd league to 10 players max please? @Utdfrom2002
Yeah looks like we will only have numbers for that anyway.

I don’t think I’d keep up with this and the dynasty sadly :(
Why not? Dynasty League is light work anyways :D

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So we'd have 2 leagues then..

League A
Edgar
Backofthenet
Rado
okLaptop
Hephaestus
JPRouve
JP77
Utdfrom2002
Mighty Boosh
Russell Wilson
Entropy
RobinLFC

League B
Rado
okLaptop
RobinLFC
backofthenet
Utdfrom2002
freeurmind
RDCR07
KeyserSoze
Jagga
rimzy

That's a 12-team league and a 10-team league. If @rpitroda stops being such a pussy and we find one last player, we'd have two 12-team leagues.

Sandyman

I think we should just finalize the list and do a 12 and 10 team league. Had hoped for couple more but 5 of us are now playing both leagues.

I think we should go with a bigger roster and a bigger bench as you never know who is going on the Covid list at any given point.

Can have the draft on Weekends as that might suit most people. The last possible date to do it (before the season starts) is September 5th/6th. Or we can do the weekend before that, August 29th/30th. Since there are 2 leagues, will have the drafts on 2 different dates.

Wonder if they'll call of the whole thing though. Don't think the situation in the States is getting better any time soon. The travelling involved with so many personnel, not to mention the sheer size of the rosters makes me skeptical of the season ahead.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The overwhelming majority of players still wants to play and for every one that doesn't, there are probably a few others ready to take his spot on the rosters. NFL = money so everyone will do everything possible to make it happen. Not gonna lie, I'd be fecking sad if it doesn't take place now.

In other news, Odell isn't particularly interested in having the season, it seems.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
How do you plan on doing the draft? That’ll have an impact on if I can or can’t play...
Just online through the ESPN draft tool, pretty straight forward. With 10 or 12-team leagues and maybe a few extra bench spots due to corona, it should take us one and a half hour to two hours max to complete it, I'd guess.

RDCR07

That's a 12-team league and a 10-team league. If @rpitroda stops being such a pussy and we find one last player, we'd have two 12-team leagues.
Why are you adamant on two 12 team leagues? This is good enough. Playing with 10 teams is more fun. Teams are more stacked. I don’t want a low scoring league.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Why are you adamant on two 12 team leagues? This is good enough. Playing with 10 teams is more fun. Teams are more stacked. I don’t want a low scoring league.
Because of the exact reasons you mention - each team has 3 or 4 fantasy superstars in a 10-team league, much harder to make a difference in the draft. A 12-team league is the overall standard and is by no means low scoring, our playoff teams consistently hit 140+ PPG last year.

But I'll play regardless. Advocating for 12-team but not fuzzed if it's 10 in the end.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Let's settle on a 12-team A-league and a 10-team B-league then guys. I want rules and draft dates confirmed ASAP as well because draft weekend is only two or three weeks away right now and it will be difficult enough to find a date that suits all parties as it is.

We can have different league rules depending on the preferences of people and sort the leagues in that way. How I see it:

- 1 QB
- 2 RB
- 2 WR
- 1 TE
- 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
- 1 K
- 1 D/ST
- BENCH
- BENCH
- BENCH
- BENCH
- BENCH
- BENCH
- BENCH
- BENCH

So 2 bench spots extra because of Covid-19 (players get turned away if temperature is too high on game day, they miss 2 weeks minimum if tested positive. And if the season goes on, there'll be loads). That means a 17-round snake style draft. Draft order gets determined by a randomizer, either a day in advance or an hour or so before the draft, same for me.

What we should decide on to determine the leagues:

- Standard, half PPR or PPR;
- Whether we can agree on the 2 extra bench spots
- Waiver wire settings
- Playoff settings

I propose full PPR for both leagues, 2 extra bench spots for both leagues, and waiver wire order in reverse of which team hasn't waivered the longest. For playoffs, I suggest the following:

12-team league (same rules as last year)
6 playoff teams (based on standings, then Points Scored)
Top 2 has a bye in first round
Playoffs in Week 14, 15 and 16 of the season

10-team league
4 playoff teams (based on standings, then Points Scored)
No byes obviously
Playoffs in Week 15 and 16

If you agree with all of the above, just comment with "OK" or something. If you're adamant about having some specific rules implemented for one league (e.g. Standard scoring), then specify that and we can see whether we can make one league with different scoring settings than the other. Let's all put in some effort right now so we have all leagues, settings and draft dates set by the end of the week - so also give your location (so we know who's US based) and what days / CEST hours of the day would work for you for having an online draft, let's say between August 24th and September 6th.

@Edgar Allan Pillow
@backofthenet (both leagues)
@Rado_N (both leagues)
@okLaptop1 (both leagues)
@Hephaestus
@JPRouve
@JP77
@Utdfrom2002 (both leagues)
@Mighty Boosh
@RussellWilson
@entropy
@freeurmind
@RDCR07
@KeyserSoze
@Jagga7
@rimzy (let me know via PM if not allowed to post in here. I'll try to sort it out with Damien that you can at least post here during the season)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Happy with all that.

I’m going to be busy over bank holiday weekend so won’t be able to draft then, but should be able to make most other dates, especially if midweek.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Any date or time is fine with me, as long as I have at least a couple days notice.

RDCR07

Anyone down with 6 team playoffs for the 10 team league? I usually do that with my friends.

Sandyman

Sorry guys, wasn't able to log in for the past few days. Guess everyone is in agreement with the league setup.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
12-team league
Tuesday 25th
Wednesday 26th
Thursday 27th

10-team league
Tuesday 1st
Wednesday 2th
Thursday 3th

All 19:00 or 20:00 UK time depending on preferences. How do those dates work for you guys?