2020 Redcafe NFL Fantasy League

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Post lineups here after the draft.
I was planning to do a draft grade on every team with their biggest strengths, weaknesses and draft steals/reaches, hopefully tomorrow if I find the time.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I was planning to do a draft grade on every team with their biggest strengths, weaknesses and draft steals/reaches, hopefully tomorrow if I find the time.
Let’s wait for the 2nd league to draft as well so as to not give too much away. Hehe.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Classic trap game vs Rado week 8, Hephaestus's gonna take the L.

JP77

Apart from Drew Brees late on i didn’t draft a single player that I actually wanted or planned for, incredible :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Quite happy with my team, a bit weak at WR apart from the starting ones but just gotta hope that one of my three high-upside bench RBs hit.

Reached for a few players probably but oh well, I have most of the players I wanted beforehand.

Nice draft lads!

Sandyman

Your projected final standing is first overall though :D

(Can be found here by the way)
I hate that stupid projection! Usually it ends up being the reverse order.

Quite happy with my team, a bit weak at WR apart from the starting ones but just gotta hope that one of my three high-upside bench RBs hit.

Reached for a few players probably but oh well, I have most of the players I wanted beforehand.

Nice draft lads!
I'll trade you one of my 1000 WRs for one of those RBs!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

The fecker posted that half an hour into our draft! Free budlight for a year if you win your league with Minshew as starting QB :lol: :lol:

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Accidentally drafted 3 tight ends, took Mahomes too early, and I badly need a couple of elderly gentlemen on the Bucs to turn back time. Also my best back doesn't catch much and this is PPR. Hope my Caf NFC team is better than this.

Pat Mahomes (QB)
Derrick Henry (RB)
Mark Ingram (RB)
Davante Adams (WR)
Tyler Lockett (WR)
Rob Gronkowski (TE)
DeVante Parker (WR) (FLEX SPOT)
Cowboys (DEF/ST)
Dan Bailey (K)

Justin Jefferson (WR)
Emmanuel Sanders (WR)
Darrell Henderson (RB)
Jared Cook (TE)
Mike Gesicki (TE)
Shady McCoy (RB)
Chase Edmonds (RB)
Fitzmagic (QB)

RDCR07

Accidentally drafted 3 tight ends, took Mahomes too early, and I badly need a couple of elderly gentlemen on the Bucs to turn back time. Also my best back doesn't catch much and this is PPR. Hope my Caf NFC team is better than this.

Pat Mahomes (QB)
Derrick Henry (RB)
Mark Ingram (RB)
Davante Adams (WR)
Tyler Lockett (WR)
Rob Gronkowski (TE)
DeVante Parker (WR) (FLEX SPOT)
Cowboys (DEF/ST)
Dan Bailey (K)

Justin Jefferson (WR)
Emmanuel Sanders (WR)
Darrell Henderson (RB)
Jared Cook (TE)
Mike Gesicki (TE)
Shady McCoy (RB)
Chase Edmonds (RB)
Fitzmagic (QB)
Erm I’m sorry mate but waiver wire is going to be your best friend this year.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
DK Metcalf is the one that got away for me, but if I drafted him over David Montgomery in the 5th round my RB2 would've been absolutely trash à la Jordan Howard or Matt Breida, so I can live with the decision.

I quite like my team on second thought, will be an interesting one to keep an eye on for me personally. And I have one of my favorite players in the league with Kittle :drool:

RDCR07

DK Metcalf is the one that got away for me, but if I drafted him over David Montgomery in the 5th round my RB2 would've been absolutely trash à la Jordan Howard or Matt Breida, so I can live with the decision.

I quite like my team on second thought, will be an interesting one to keep an eye on for me personally. And I have one of my favorite players in the league with Kittle :drool:
Which round did you take him in?

RDCR07

@okLaptop1 TEs have been such a lottery over the last few years. It isn't the worst idea to have multiple options.
TEs, QBs, D/ST and K are all streamable week to week. That’s why I don’t like to waste draft capital and draft any of them early. It’s easier to find cover for one of these positions on a weekly basis and still score good points than it is to find a good WR or RB.

entropy

TEs, QBs, D/ST and K are all streamable week to week. That’s why I don’t like to waste draft capital and draft any of them early. It’s easier to find cover for one of these positions on a weekly basis and still score good points than it is to find a good WR or RB.
I am not sure about TEs.

entropy

Last year in my league Austin Hooper, Waller, Mark Andrews and Higbee were all picked off the waivers.
Most of them were boom or bust except for Mark Andrews. My point wasn’t that you can’t get a great TE off waiver. It’s that TE position has been very up and down outside of the usual Kelce, Kittle, Ertz. It isn’t the worst idea to have multiple options.

Last edited:

Aussie_Red_Devil

I’m always to late to sign up for these leagues haha every year I manage to check the thread days after it fills up

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
While I don't disagree and there are some great deep TE options this year as well, Kittle and Kelce are a different breed and absolute values if they fall enough.

They're both projected by the experts on average for around 90 receptions, 1,100 yards and 6-8 TDs. Which basically gives you a WR1 - only Thomas, Adams, Julio, Hopkins and Hill are projected for more fantasy points on average next season. So Kelce is projected to be the WR6, and you get to "set it and forget it" at a position which has been fantasy wasteland the last few years and very hit and miss. If they last long enough, they provide excellent value and I'm gonna take them over the likes of Evans, Golladay, Robinson II, Cooper, Thielen, Beckham, ... all day because those players all have their own issues and doubts hanging over them.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Your projected final standing is first overall though :D

(Can be found here by the way)
I went into this blind with no research. Infact I'm not sure if league we are playing is PPR or not. So have to give these ranking predictions a big roll eye.

Here's my team:

Deshaun Watson
HouQB

Alvin Kamara
NORB

Melvin Gordon
DenRB

Allen Robinson IIQ
ChiWR

Amari Cooper
DalWR

Evan Engram
NYGTE

DJ Chark Jr.
JaxWR

Steelers D/ST
PitD/ST

Chris Boswell
PitK

----

Jordan Howard
MiaRB

Jamison Crowder
NYJWR

Tom Brady
TBQB

Mike WilliamsQ
LACWR

Breshad PerrimanQ
NYJWR

Ben Roethlisberger
PitQB

Anthony Miller
ChiWR

Ryquell Armstead
JaxRB

RDCR07

Who drafted Montgomery from the Bears? Looks like he injured himself in practice today.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Groin strain, apparently. Bears are optimistic, but depending on severity it can be between a few weeks to a couple of months. Can linger an entire season if not properly healed.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Would it make sense to keep this thread for the 12-team league and create another one for the 10-team league?

Especially with some people in both leagues, might make it a bit more clear during the season what matchup or league you're talking about...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Would it make sense to keep this thread for the 12-team league and create another one for the 10-team league?

Especially with some people in both leagues, might make it a bit more clear during the season what matchup or league you're talking about...
Good idea

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Please don't take it too seriously guys. I just did it based on my own rankings of players, so this could turn out to be a big flop at the end of the season.

You got points deduction for doing strange things imo (drafting a second QB when you have Mahomes, drafting 2 D/STs or drafting three TEs), even though they were essentially good players.

The dark horse is a player outside the top 10 rounds who might become fantasy relevant this season. Sometimes it was difficult to find a reach for a team if I thought you always drafted close to ADP, so if you disagree then I probably couldn't find anyone better to consider a reach.

Your overall ranking might not reflect the individual rankings (just seen that Hephaestus would've probably deserved a B+ as well). I've placed most weight on RB/WR, then QB/TE, and almost none on K and D/ST.