2020 Redcafe NFL Fantasy League

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@Utdfrom2002 I just saw that in the NFC league, settings currently are 2 weeks per matchup in the playoffs, i.e. Week 14-15 en Week 16-17 rounds but I think it'd be better to not have playoffs in Week 17, or how would that work?

(I assumed 4 team playoffs would just mean a 14-week regular season and playoffs in Week 15 and 16 tbh but not sure how others view that)

Sandyman

@Utdfrom2002 I just saw that in the NFC league, settings currently are 2 weeks per matchup in the playoffs, i.e. Week 14-15 en Week 16-17 rounds but I think it'd be better to not have playoffs in Week 17, or how would that work?

(I assumed 4 team playoffs would just mean a 14-week regular season and playoffs in Week 15 and 16 tbh but not sure how others view that)
Hmmm not sure but looks like I overlooked it - will check later when I have the time. Think 2 weeks per matchup is the likely issue. Changing it to 1 would make the playoffs on Week 14 and 15 and that should be fine.

I also avoid having playoffs on Week 16 and 17 - too many NFL teams would already be in the playoffs by then

Sandyman

It's been a weirder than usual fantasy season for me so far. Have had the most points against in 3 different leagues :mad:

In the NFC West, I'm 7th in points scored and 7th in points against and 6th in the league.

However, in the NFC East, I'm 3rd in points scored but 1st in points against and as a result down 8th in the standings

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Taysom Hill loses TE eligibility for Week 12 :(

RIP to a legend; Week 11, 2020 - Week 11, 2020

lsd

The Oracle
Tyreek got 57 points this week. I know this because my opponent this week benched him for Emmanuel Saunders who got 1 point :lol:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I left Will Fuller and James Robinson on the bench and I'm still gonna hit near 200 points for the week!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In one league I need Russ to have a quiet game, and in the other league he’s my QB.

But in the one where he’s my QB I'm up against Mahomes, Henry, and Justin Jefferson, so I’ve already lost and hope he throws 12 picks :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
In one league I need Russ to have a quiet game, and in the other league he’s my QB.

But in the one where he’s my QB I'm up against Mahomes, Henry, and Justin Jefferson, so I’ve already lost and hope he throws 12 picks :lol:
Ugh I'm 5-6 in the one where I have Wilson and are up against you with 8-3 and a 5-game win streak, really didn't care about that one anymore. Tucker should more or less cancel out Ebron though, and I'd back Wilson to have 14+ points against the Eagles.

In the other I'm 6-5 and gonna lose to a 2-9 team. Probably gonna end up 6-7 or 7-6 in both leagues and miss the playoffs everywhere :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ugh I'm 5-6 in the one where I have Wilson and are up against you with 8-3 and a 5-game win streak, really didn't care about that one anymore. Tucker should more or less cancel out Ebron though, and I'd back Wilson to have 14+ points against the Eagles.

In the other I'm 6-5 and gonna lose to a 2-9 team. Probably gonna end up 6-7 or 7-6 in both leagues and miss the playoffs everywhere :lol:
Yea I’m fully expecting to lose both games this week, which will leave me at 7-5 and 8-4, so hopefully should make the playoffs in the second one.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yea I’m fully expecting to lose both games this week, which will leave me at 7-5 and 8-4, so hopefully should make the playoffs in the second one.
I wouldn't mind another postponement of the Ravens-Steelers game now :nervous:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So I need Landry to pick up 5.5 points or more for one of my teams to progress.

In the other matchup I need Lamar Jackson to pick up less than 10 :lol:

RussellWilson

What's the deal in the 10 team league. Is week 15 the final? I'm confused.

Sandyman

What's the deal in the 10 team league. Is week 15 the final? I'm confused.
Yes. Made a mistake in the initial scheduling about how the playoffs would happen and by the time it was pointed out, it was already week 11. So, just changed the playoffs but didn't add the extra game since it was so late in the season. This week is the final for NFC.

RussellWilson

Yes. Made a mistake in the initial scheduling about how the playoffs would happen and by the time it was pointed out, it was already week 11. So, just changed the playoffs but didn't add the extra game since it was so late in the season. This week is the final for NFC.
No doubt I will lose the final after absolutely walking the regular season!

Sandyman

No doubt I will lose the final after absolutely walking the regular season!
No chance. Derrick Henry, DK Metcalf and Tyreek Hill, plus Thielen on the bench should you want? Henry alone will win you it, especially since he's up against the Lions this week. He'll marmalise them.
Imagine worrying with those players :lol:

But I guess there's no way of knowing how the fantasy Gods work

RussellWilson

I stumbled over the line despite the stacked team to with the NFC league!

Surely deserves a tag line, who's are admin in the group?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I stumbled over the line despite the stacked team to with the NFC league!

Surely deserves a tag line, who's are admin in the group?
Congrats man! Deserved with a forum name like that ;)

We don't have any admins or mods in the fantasy leagues, but maybe @Damien or @Carolina Red could make it happen.

RussellWilson

I could but no idea what NFC means. Just let me know the exact tagline RW wants and I'll set it.

Interestingly was looking at the below, and apparently if you do the opposite of what ESPN predicts you win.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Taglines for these poxy leagues? What about for the champion of the coveted dynasty league? A far more difficult and arduous task.