2020 Summer Transfer Window - Transfer Deadline Day!

Irrational.

After being taught a footballing lesson by Palace and the daylight robbery win against Brighton, what are our hopes and expectations for the upcoming ten days?

Surely we cannot leave the squad as it is?

How many signings are we expecting? If we don't Make at least three, I think it's going to be a long, long season.

EDIT: Win

Skills

Snitch
So envious of the depth Palace and Brighton have to call upon :(

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The team needs a CB and a RW at least, but the lack of strength in depth is concerning

Fooza

We are not getting a CB it seems, as Ole says he is happy with our Centre backs. I think he now knows that is definitely a position he isn't getting this window.

4:25

Crashoutcassius

Probably nothing will happen. And yes, is the team plays as it did today all season, ole will be sacked and players won't be the reason why. But if we improve and narrowly miss out on top 4 with 60 something points, ole will have been badly let down

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Absolute best case senario we end the window with Van De Beek, Telles and Sancho. Which is good business.

However, feck me...this team is screaming out for a top class CB :annoyed:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We are not getting a CB it seems, as Ole says he is happy with our Centre backs. I think he now knows that is definitely a position he isn't getting this window.

4:25
Was always a long shot considering the numbers we have there. Always a case of sell before we buy. Need Jones, Smalling and Rojo gone before we bring anyone in. Even with those 3 gone we have Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe and Mengi.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
First of all, congratulations to the board for bringing the club to this situation once f*ckin again.

We know exactly how last days and especially deadline looked in the past. Insulting bids that won't be even responded to, board canceling the deal becaus of age of player or whatever, Sky & BBC with awkward camera angle showing Woodward entering random buildings then to disappear for few months and of course our new signings Lingard & Smalling because finacial crisis attacks United only.

I'd be impressed if they make one deal with their current organization of things... next time we'llhear from them will be when they'll tell Ole it's time to go.

Hanky panky

Absolute best case senario we end the window with Van De Beek, Telles and Sancho. Which is good business.

However, feck me...this team is screaming out for a top class CB :annoyed:
We are like million miles far from the best case scenario. Ed can't even sign Telles. And it would be much easier to sign him than Sancho. 0-1 signing incoming. And i guess he's name is not Jadon, IF we sign anybody. Looks like wasted summer. But unfortunately it looked like that already in june. There have not even been any credible rumours outside Sancho. And maybe Telles. No smoke, no fire. Quiet summer many ways.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm just as intrigued as to who we'll sell. Panic normally sets in so surely they'll be takers for Smalling, Rojo, Lingard etc

CG1010

I am expecting the club to sign Tellis and bring home the "we tried" trophy vis-a-vis Sancho.

Murray3007

really need Sancho, a LB, CB, CDM problem is the names are drying up, don't look like any movement on Telles, and aint linked to anyone for CB or CDM, would rather have kept Garner and played him in the CDM role rather then Fred or Mctomminay

croadyman

really need Sancho, a LB, CB, CDM problem is the names are drying up, don't look like any movement on Telles, and aint linked to anyone for CB or CDM, would rather have kept Garner and played him in the CDM role rather then Fred or Mctomminay
Don't expect any movement on either a CB (Upamecano) or CDM (Zakaria maybe) until next summer,surely if Ighalo doesn't make the bench on Sun that suggests we are maybe looking at cheap backup striker too.

Murray3007

Don't expect any movement on either a CB (Upamecano) or CDM (Zakaria maybe) until next summer,surely if Ighalo doesn't make the bench on Sun that suggests we are maybe looking at cheap backup striker too.
josh king seems a dead cert if that happens with Ighalo

Murray3007

Don't reckon we might go for Cavani deadline day style like we saw with Falcao in 2014 then
am still shocked we never went for him sooner, can play ST, RW and LW, would help the young boys for a year, did here he was looking for a 3 year deal which might be the reason we ain't in for him

croadyman

am still shocked we never went for him sooner, can play ST, RW and LW, would help the young boys for a year, did here he was looking for a 3 year deal which might be the reason we ain't in for him
Yeah and around €300k a week too I thought I had heard as well which may also explain the lack of interest

Have to remember it's easier for someone like Chelsea to go for Thiago Silva on big wages in a similar type deal because money is no object to them.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Telles & Milik in the next 3-4 days
Then Sancho on deadline day.

Best window ever

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Milik is a move I could get behind.

Personally, I think we're going to have a wild last week in this market.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think Martial needs a back-up, I think he needs a strike partner.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
NO decent signings as far as I see.
Maybe an underwhelming player like James or some champo nobody.

Going to be another painful season watching liverpool heading to number 20 with no challenge

Falcow

As far as I can see there is no top class centre back available, at least not one who is better than current options. So unless one becomes available, please dont waste any more funds on another almost very good centre back. We have more than enough of those thanks very much.

At least one more attacker and left back and I'd be happy with that for now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So you reckon Ole has given up on Ighalo as backup to Tony then,there is no doubt we need better but he is here til January
The fact that he didn't even make it the bench for Brighton game, he hasn't offer anything enough post restart & we're going to lose him in less than 6 months. I think a backup striker is something we are going to aim after we finalise winger & left back. But I believe it's not the most priority right now compare to winger & left back.

croadyman

The fact that he didn't even make it the bench for Brighton game, he hasn't offer anything enough post restart & we're going to lose him in less than 6 months. I think a backup striker is something we are going to aim after we finalise winger & left back. But I believe it's not the most priority right now compare to winger & left back.
Personally think anyone but King in this position would be a pleasant surprise,however Ole knows Josh well so it looks the most likely outcome

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Personally think anyone but King in this position would be a pleasant surprise,however Ole knows Josh well so it looks the most likely outcome
I'll be disappointed if he's what we end up with. The point of upgrading Ighalo should be to get someone like Giroud level or role at Chelsea last season. Where the player is happy sit on the bench and be no 2, but when needed can step up and offers important goals. King is just nowhere near Giroud's type of level, we might should just play Rashford & Greenwood in there as alternative.