2020 Summer Transfer Window - Transfer Deadline Day!

croadyman

I'll be disappointed if he's what we end up with. The point of upgrading Ighalo should be to get someone like Giroud level or role at Chelsea last season. Where the player is happy sit on the bench and be no 2, but when needed can step up and offers important goals. King is just nowhere near Giroud's type of level, we might should just play Rashford & Greenwood in there as alternative.
Yeah would be great to get someone like Cavani who is an experienced proven goalscorer who could really help the likes of Mason & Tony. My gut feeling is that we have been put off by his demands though

SiRed

Telles looks to be on from what we are reading.
I think the fact that we are yet to sign a RW despite desperately needing one suggests a move for Sancho, late in the window to save a few mil on the original asking price, is on.

croadyman

Telles looks to be on from what we are reading.
I think the fact that we are yet to sign a RW despite desperately needing one suggests a move for Sancho, late in the window to save a few mil on the original asking price, is on.
Yeah looks that way and as I said above maybe a different option ST if something presents itself unexpectedly

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Big week this week

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah would be great to get someone like Cavani who is an experienced proven goalscorer who could really help the likes of Mason & Tony. My gut feeling is that we have been put off by his demands though
Cavani isn't good option either. The guy won't be happy to just sit on the bench and will ask ridiculous wages. Quality but also happy to sit on the bench.

yamo123x

really need Sancho, a LB, CB, CDM problem is the names are drying up, don't look like any movement on Telles, and aint linked to anyone for CB or CDM, would rather have kept Garner and played him in the CDM role rather then Fred or Mctomminay
Garner as a starting CDM? .... you clearly havent watched the guy very much

Murray3007

Garner as a starting CDM? .... you clearly havent watched the guy very much
yes I have he is more a box to box but what he can be is disciplined which is a massive trait, he also constantly passes the ball forward which is one of our biggest weakness,

DON’T PANIC ™

Tactically we need to strengthen defence and cdm. We have enough talent up front to make do without a RW. My view is we would be better up front if team confidence was higher. Confidence is currently low as our defence sh@ts itself anytime our opponent attacks. Our central defense is so weak, creative players like Pogba and Bruno are being curtailed. Long term this has to be addressed.
Tactics aside, signing a big name player like Sancho will no doubt raise morale on and off the pitch (fans) and short term results may improve as a result.
Sancho on his own won’t turn us into title challengers though.

yamo123x

It has been a sh1t show frankly throughout and now desperation is creeping in.

We will complete one or two deals, but i dont think Sancho will be one of them. Hope i am wrong as the team needs a lift and an injection of life because they look tired, disjointed and disinterested.

yamo123x

yes I have he is more a box to box but what he can be is disciplined which is a massive trait, he also constantly passes the ball forward which is one of our biggest weakness,
So you throw in a young lad with no premier league experience into arguably the most pivotable position in the team when in fact he isnt a defensive style midfielder.
Sorry its just a throw away statement with no foundation or logic.
Hope the lad does well at Watford and comes back to the squad stronger and ready for first team, but for now he is not ready nor should we throw him in because you dont rate fred or MCT.

GenZRed

We won't sign anymore players.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though.

Murray3007

So you throw in a young lad with no premier league experience into arguably the most pivotable position in the team when in fact he isnt a defensive style midfielder.
Sorry its just a throw away statement with no foundation or logic.
Hope the lad does well at Watford and comes back to the squad stronger and ready for first team, but for now he is not ready nor should we throw him in because you dont rate fred or MCT.
every position is pivotal, none is more pivotal then any other so that's a stupid comment to start with, add in I said he would play before the other 2, he would rotate with matic for games we should be winning, he played deeper for years and even at cb when he was younger only the last season he was attacking a lot more, so maybe you should do some more research before you start talking crap about throw away comments

croadyman

Going to say we only get a LB & RW,had hoped for maybe a ST late on but not happening with only Smalling providing funds from outgoings.

Morpheus 7

It's been a mess, there is a time for optimism and this is not it. The reality that we have tonnes of players the manager doesn't trust still here. Never mind the glaring holes in the team and squad to improve. All the while our rivals have signed players and we were playing catch up.The Sancho deal will show the level of the damage, if we don't sign him after all this. Club have been humiliated this window, it's a salvage job at best. I just hope for Ole he's given players for this season, nowhere to hide for lack of ambition now.

BigLebowski007

In my opinion this has been a terrible transfer window so far.
First there is Sancho. We've been close to signing him early and get him up to speed with the rest of the squad before the season. But by trying to save a few millions (if the reports are correct) we now missed the opportunity. So we'll either end up with cheaper but useless alternative or with a big hole up front. We don't have any adequate replacements for both wingers. Maybe Mata, but he's not the youngest anymore and not a classical winger for the counters we like to play. Daniel James has provided nothing except good work rate after his promising start last year.
We have lots of players to offload as they are not in Ole's or anyone's plans any more yet we only managed to get rid of Alexis.
We are trying to get Telles for LB but we have decent and young players there like Shaw and Brandon Williams? Yes, neither is brilliant. But is Telles really that much better? And how long till he adapts? Not to mention we have much bigger holes in other positions.
Like in center back position. Yes we have lots of players there. But it seems only 2 are trust worthy; Lindelof and Maguire. And Lindelof has been poor so far. Bailly is very injury prone and I'm not sure he would be any better than Lindelof. Maybe he is quicker but I'm always feeling there is a mistake waiting to happen either by wild tackle or by misplaced pass. He is definitely not suitable for playing out from the back like we want to. Jones, Rojo and Smalling should be offloaded. So unless Ole has big plans for Tuanzebe and Menghi for this season, we are short on center backs.
I'm also not sure about our strikers. Martial is out of form atm. Ighalo is decent, but not sure he has enough quality. If we signed Sancho (or some other good RW) maybe Greenwood could get some games in striker position as well.
So in my opinion RW and CB should be our top priorities in this last week. We definitely don't need a LB. Yes, we could use also a LB, CDM, ST... But priorities should be RW, CB and offloading lots of players.

Crustanoid

It has been a terrible window. But who could predict anything else from our idiot negotiating team and negligent board, or the leeching parasites that own our club

AJ Bullet

I cant believe how little activity In and Out we have not done, yet at the same time I can totally believe it.

Every summer for the past 8 years we have talked about a clear out and rebuild and yet it never really happens, Jones, Smalling, Mata, Lingard all still kicking about the place not really even playing some of them.

I guess it just doesnt come as a shock any more, its all talk with us these days but nothing to back it up with really.

TheRedDevil2019

In's
Cavani - Free 12/18month contract (wages also funded by Igahlo's Jan departure).
Telles - £13.5million
Sancho - £95million
Donny - 39mil

Spend - £147.5million

Outs
Igahlo (See above)
Pereira - £15million SSLazio
Smalling - £15million Roma
Phil Jones - Fleetwood Town ;)
Juan Mata - £2million SSLazio
Lingard - A cheeky last min loan bid from Sheffield, Southampton, or maybe Fulham??
Rojo - £8million Benfica/Porto, return to Argentina
Sergio Romero - £8Million Everton
Dalot - 14million AC Milan

Sales -
£62million

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Ive said it multiple times and I will say it once more...

It is absolutely beyond me that United havent just transferred 25 million euros to Ajax to pick up Nico Tagliafico..

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Tactically we need to strengthen defence and cdm. We have enough talent up front to make do without a RW. My view is we would be better up front if team confidence was higher. Confidence is currently low as our defence sh@ts itself anytime our opponent attacks. Our central defense is so weak, creative players like Pogba and Bruno are being curtailed. Long term this has to be addressed.
Tactics aside, signing a big name player like Sancho will no doubt raise morale on and off the pitch (fans) and short term results may improve as a result.
Sancho on his own won’t turn us into title challengers though.
I think we do need a right sided attacking player, especially in games against a low block. Against a high block we could get away with just two forwards, as long as VDB and Bruno play. Defensively we have played poorly this season, but I think a lot of that is down to playing Pogba AND Bruno in central midfield (also persisting with Lindelof, who doesn't suit the Premier League, I would go with Bailly, and possibly Tuanzebe when fit). If we had any two of Matic, Fred or McTominay as the solid base of the midfield, with VDB filling in and being given license to push forward at every opportunity, Bruno as a withdrawn 9, and Rashford and Martial as the two wide strikers, then we could start to control games more. Having a solid two in midfield also allows the full backs to venture forward more. Telles would be a waste of money in my opinion if we kept on with trying to play Pogba and Bruno together.

marktan

In's
Cavani - Free 12/18month contract (wages also funded by Igahlo's Jan departure).
Telles - £13.5million
Sancho - £95million
Donny - 39mil

Spend - £147.5million

Outs
Igahlo (See above)
Pereira - £15million SSLazio
Smalling - £15million Roma
Phil Jones - Fleetwood Town ;)
Juan Mata - £2million SSLazio
Lingard - A cheeky last min loan bid from Sheffield, Southampton, or maybe Fulham??
Rojo - £8million Benfica/Porto, return to Argentina
Sergio Romero - £8Million Everton
Dalot - 14million AC Milan

Sales -
£62million
All pretty realistic but just no movement at all with 6 days to go.

If we can get Telles in, and a good RW in I think it'd be a great window. Sancho at £100m+ probably isn't happening given our lower income due to covid, but someone like St Maximin for £40m I'd be over the moon with. Not likely to happen though.

No Love

Ive said it multiple times and I will say it once more...

It is absolutely beyond me that United havent just transferred 25 million euros to Ajax to pick up Nico Tagliafico..
Isn’t he naturally quite defensive in his play? We need someone who offers an attacking threat, particularly if we go with AWB on the right.

If you’re an Ajax fan, you will undoubtedly be more aware of Tagliafico’s style of play than I am, of course.

Betson

All seems a bit shambolic , 3 weeks into the season and DVB only business done and that was because of the Van Der Sarr link.

By most accounts we have not even put an official bid in for anyone else yet and are having huge problems shifting players on.

All points to a panicky last few days again where as usual we will probably shell out big money for an average signing out of desperation.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is a tragedy we are scrambling with a week to go, once again. I am tired of this club's management. We are rudderless.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Isn’t he naturally quite defensive in his play? We need someone who offers an attacking threat, particularly if we go with AWB on the right.

If you’re an Ajax fan, you will undoubtedly be more aware of Tagliafico’s style of play than I am, of course.

This is what I wrote in an earlier comment.. For Ajax he definitely isnt a considered a defensive left back...

"
He wont be one of the top 3 left backs in the world at some point I reckon.. In terms of skill on the ball players like Alaba, Alba, Marcelo, Alex Sandro are obviously the betters players.. On the other hand he didnt seem out of line for one second in the attacking possession style of play at Ajax last season... His base technique in terms of first touch and short passing is well in order..

What sets him apart is his his energy, his drive and his aggression. He keeps on going forward on the left, gives assist (going to the back line and pulling it back in front of the goals...) and scores 3-5 goals per season (also scored 3 in the CL last season).. At the same time he is incredibly solid defensively.. He is never neglecting his defensive duties even though being more attack focused (like a lot of backs to far).. He is therefore also very suitable for a 4 men defense..

He is very aggressive in his duels, never scared, which makes him the kind of defender no winger would like to play against.. Only downside I can think of is that his style of play has a risk of coming with a lot of yellows... He never got a red for Ajax though..

All and all I think he would be a bargain for 25 in these days for United and would become a fan favourite very quickly.. And that the left back situation would be sorted out for the next five years...
"

Bestietom

really need Sancho, a LB, CB, CDM problem is the names are drying up, don't look like any movement on Telles, and aint linked to anyone for CB or CDM, would rather have kept Garner and played him in the CDM role rather then Fred or Mctomminay
Linked with Kante according to Transfer news Sky Sports.

Andersons Dietician

fudge it, I’m going full muppet. I expect to see Sancho, Dembele, Upamecano, Telles and Cavani walking through the doors at Carrington come Monday.

Only thing missing is a proper DM.

soralapio

No proper signings, last minute panic buy of oh I dunno, Cavani on a way too lucrative deal saddling United with more deadwood in a year or two.

romufc

The amount of people that fall into the united optimism trap is concerning.

Prior to the season finishing fans were discussing how to fit Sancho, Grealish into the team and a new Cb.

Then it was Sancho, Thiago, Gabriel

Then it was Sancho, VDB, Regulion, Thiago, Upamecano

Then VDB, Sancho, Telles.

We are still optimistic that we will sign players, based on what? there is no evidence that we are actually going to sign anyone.

CG1010

The amount of people that fall into the united optimism trap is concerning.

Prior to the season finishing fans were discussing how to fit Sancho, Grealish into the team and a new Cb.

Then it was Sancho, Thiago, Gabriel

Then it was Sancho, VDB, Regulion, Thiago, Upamecano

Then VDB, Sancho, Telles.

We are still optimistic that we will sign players, based on what? there is no evidence that we are actually going to sign anyone.
That would be clear in a few days. But I am more optimistic. Even though I don't expect us to get Sancho on the line, I am enthused by the fact that we are looking to bring people like Dembele or Cavani only on loan. Solves a short term need while also not adopting a scatter gun approach. Mind you, I am still Glazer out but atleast hopefully we will strengthen the squad somewhat to give more options this season.

croadyman

That would be clear in a few days. But I am more optimistic. Even though I don't expect us to get Sancho on the line, I am enthused by the fact that we are looking to bring people like Dembele or Cavani only on loan. Solves a short term need while also not adopting a scatter gun approach. Mind you, I am still Glazer out but atleast hopefully we will strengthen the squad somewhat to give more options this season.
Yeah so am I

032Devil

I think the media has played a part in Dortmund becoming intransigent. For weeks on end they went on about United signing Sancho and at a cheap price even before United's season ended. Now they have no choice but to stick to their guns or look silly.

Crashoutcassius

Take cavani for 1 year and dembele on loan for the year, pip spurs to skirinar for 60m ... Sign telles for 10m or whatever. Look at Sancho next year if we can better afford it. Adds two good rotation options up top and strengthens defence with a player we would have loved two seasons ago

croadyman

Take cavani for 1 year and dembele on loan for the year, pip spurs to skirinar for 60m ... Sign telles for 10m or whatever. Look at Sancho next year if we can better afford it. Adds two good rotation options up top and strengthens defence with a player we would have loved two seasons ago
Would take him or Jovic

Devil may care

This is a potential top 3 shit show United transfer window, it can't match the Moyes fiasco but it can give 2009 and 2018 a run for their money.