2020 Summer Transfer Window - Transfer Deadline Day!

TheLord

The amount of people that fall into the united optimism trap is concerning.

Prior to the season finishing fans were discussing how to fit Sancho, Grealish into the team and a new Cb.

Then it was Sancho, Thiago, Gabriel

Then it was Sancho, VDB, Regulion, Thiago, Upamecano

Then VDB, Sancho, Telles.

We are still optimistic that we will sign players, based on what? there is no evidence that we are actually going to sign anyone.
All these transfer rumours are tactics used to confuse the fans into believing that we are actually concerned about strengthening the squad.
Season after season the number of players linked to United in the summer is several times more than that for every other major club. It cannot be incidental every season - this is a deliberate ploy by the Board.

slored1

An absolute disaster of a transfer window. Feck off Ed.

Pav1878

Someone at the club is briefing the media. Why can't we just do our business in private? Liverpool don't have these long drawn out sagas played out in the newspapers. Look how simple the Jota deal was and Thiago.
Maybe they learned their lesson with the vvd deal and how it reflected badly on the image of their club.

It's almost like ed likes all the drama and conjecture

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
An absolute disaster of a transfer window. Feck off Ed.
I suppose the only consolation of us having a disastrous window (if we can't get anyone else in from our main list) is that surely Ed's position must come under serious threat this time. Surely he can't keep on getting away with it?

If the next 5 days doesn't go well we need to get him sacked.

Womp

idiot
I suppose the only consolation of us having a disastrous window (if we can't get anyone else in from our main list) is that surely Ed's position must come under serious threat this time. Surely he can't keep on getting away with it?

If the next 5 days doesn't go well we need to get him sacked.
Nothing will happen to him. It's been a fecking shit show, this window has. The negativity around the club, the fans being fecking sick of it etc. means nothing to them. They don't give a shit. That's just the reality we have to live with now. This window has surely convinced even those who were still somewhat on the fence about the board of their ambition

Ed if anything will probably get a raise. All this talk about how rough Covid is on us and how hard it is to make transfers, but don't be surprised to see the dividend payments.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nothing will happen to him. It's been a fecking shit show, this window has. The negativity around the club, the fans being fecking sick of it etc. means nothing to them. They don't give a shit. That's just the reality we have to live with now. This window has surely convinced even those who were still somewhat on the fence about the board of their ambition

Ed if anything will probably get a raise. All this talk about how rough Covid is on us and how hard it is to make transfers, but don't be surprised to see the dividend payments.
Precisely why I gave up my ticket. The owners want us to be around the top of the league but don't actually care if we win it or not. Basically fully Americanised now. Reach the plays off mentality which means get into Europe for us.

Our fans are the only ones who can change anything. Keep giving them money and they will keep taking the piss out of us all.

romufc

That would be clear in a few days. But I am more optimistic. Even though I don't expect us to get Sancho on the line, I am enthused by the fact that we are looking to bring people like Dembele or Cavani only on loan. Solves a short term need while also not adopting a scatter gun approach. Mind you, I am still Glazer out but atleast hopefully we will strengthen the squad somewhat to give more options this season.
I wish I could share the same optimism, the glazers and woodward have really let us down this summer.

romufc

All these transfer rumours are tactics used to confuse the fans into believing that we are actually concerned about strengthening the squad.
Season after season the number of players linked to United in the summer is several times more than that for every other major club. It cannot be incidental every season - this is a deliberate ploy by the Board.
This is why as fans we should not really get all that excited. We went from great optimism at the end of last season, thinking yes lets add 2/3 to the squad and narrow the gap.

In reality, whats actually happened, Liverpool have gone further ahead because their signings are better than ours and they won the league.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs have all strengthened their team

TehRed

I'm expecting today to be the day that we finally get some actual movement on a few of the deals we're working on, both in and out.

Womp

idiot
Sancho deal looking extremely unlikely, Telles is dying down, Dembele supposedly does not want to join. We are now hearing rumours of the loan deals for Dembele and Chiesa. We are actually panicking and scrambling. It's almost as if we haven't learnt that fecking about all window with almost no direction and terrible planning is a terrible recipe for success, maybe another 10 years of shite and we might finally learn :)

croadyman

Sancho deal looking extremely unlikely, Telles is dying down, Dembele supposedly does not want to join. We are now hearing rumours of the loan deals for Dembele and Chiesa. We are actually panicking and scrambling. It's almost as if we haven't learnt that fecking about all window with almost no direction and terrible planning is a terrible recipe for success, maybe another 10 years of shite and we might finally learn :)
Well you are Mr optimism today aren't you,won't even ask about a backup striker because know what that will be as well

Sparky Rhiwabon

We'll probably run out of time, but maybe Ed has some unattached targets in mind post the deadline.

Castia

Chase Sancho all summer, it’s obviously not happening and we have no plan B so with 4 days to go we’re scrambling around trying to get a deal done.

We’ve had more time than ever to prepare for this window and it’s still a shit show. We knew the Sancho fee a month ago, why didn’t we make a decision at the time to either get the deal done or move on, we’ve done neither and are again left looking like fecking amateurs.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
First of all, congratulations to the board for bringing the club to this situation once f*ckin again.

We know exactly how last days and especially deadline looked in the past. Insulting bids that won't be even responded to, board canceling the deal becaus of age of player or whatever, Sky & BBC with awkward camera angle showing Woodward entering random buildings then to disappear for few months and of course our new signings Lingard & Smalling because finacial crisis attacks United only.

I'd be impressed if they make one deal with their current organization of things... next time we'llhear from them will be when they'll tell Ole it's time to go.
My thoughts exactly..
And the reason why they leave the deals till the last day is because they want to play brinkmanship. The problem is that they always lose and end up either paying the asking price (or more) or they switch to another target (who isn't particularly good).
Our negotiators are so bad that if you told them to buy a kitchen sink for a price you have already negotiated with the seller, for £100, they'll end up paying £150.
The fact that we pay Phil Jones a wage, tells me that Matt Judge is completely incompetent.

Chase Sancho all summer, it’s obviously not happening and we have no plan B so with 4 days to go we’re scrambling around trying to get a deal done.

We’ve had more time than ever to prepare for this window and it’s still a shit show. We knew the Sancho fee a month ago, why didn’t we make a decision at the time to either get the deal done or move on, we’ve done neither and are again left looking like fecking amateurs.
Our negotiators are terrible Woodward I believe, is the guy who negotiates on transfer fees, while the clown Matt Judge ends up negotiating (ie. over-paying) player wages.

dev1l

My impression is that our decision makers/negotiators (Glazers, Ed and Judge) have business acumen but lack football knowledge and have no access to what can be termed as "non official information"
I m referring.here to info within footballers circles which is not public.

Which reminds of an old episode of Yes Minister in.which the minister was always the last one to know what s going on and every time risks being embarrassed.

In the media there were rumours about Judge meeting a player and not knowing whom he was talking to.
That s a big no no. It made the player feel unimportant....something you cannot afford when trying to sign someone with a big ego... like most top players nowadays

Womp

idiot
Well you are Mr optimism today aren't you,won't even ask about a backup striker because know what that will be as well
Not sure how panic loans after pursuing one target all summer who it looks like we won't even sign, with 3 days left of the window is supposed to inspire confidence? It's clear as day we've once again fecked up. The most frustrating part is, the probably don't even see it as a major feck up. They will never change the structure and give up their control to a DoF, this is just the sad reality of this football club under these clowns

macko12345

Well I cant believe Jones, Rojo, Mata, Romero as well as Lingard and Dan James will survive this window.
How can those players still be part of our squad is beyond me. 4 Days to go, and still status quo.
Lot of the big clubs didnt spend much this window, but still, we needed improvement in several areas of the squad. City and Pool are levels above us atm.

Houdini

Ed has no plan. We signed one player. One player. One...

Russky14

My thoughts exactly..
And the reason why they leave the deals till the last day is because they want to play brinkmanship. The problem is that they always lose and end up either paying the asking price (or more) or they switch to another target (who isn't particularly good).
Our negotiators are so bad that if you told them to buy a kitchen sink for a price you have already negotiated with the seller, for £100, they'll end up paying £150.
The fact that we pay Phil Jones a wage, tells me that Matt Judge is completely incompetent.

Our negotiators are terrible Woodward I believe, is the guy who negotiates on transfer fees, while the clown Matt Judge ends up negotiating (ie. over-paying) player wages.
The incompetent can rise to the top its called "sour cream" and we have double in terms of Eddy & Matty.

Ex PWC Boyos says it all. I have dealt with x PWC robots and they are generally arrogant, know it all derrier lickers.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Looks like the Vinicius deal is done as backup/rotation for Kane. All we need now is Skriniar and it will become an even more excellent transfer window for Spurs than it already has.

Hanky panky

I can't believe that Jones will survive another transfer window.

Nobody wants him. And i guess he's not ready to cut his salary. And even of somebody want him, they will not pay what he wants. Maybe the most difficult United player to sell. He will be here until to the end of his contract. Or at least to summer 22.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Please tell me you don't actually believe that.

Craig Ward

Another grim day of reading the football transfer news as a utd fan.

Seems to be some talk of outgoings at least.

We need some activity for sure!

Lot of hate for the board but surely the lack of DOF and forward planning is our undoing again? A DOF would identify multiple players for each position and have a plan for development of said players.

Our plan:
Sancho - We are still going in for Sancho until the last day of the window, BVB have named the price, All we have to do is pay it. Talk is, Sancho wants the move and wages etc wont be an issue. It's just the fee.

The board dont want to pay - but we have no other alternatives due to no planning. Dembele being talked up but seems like Barca pushing him out rather than our actual want for him. Dembele strikes of our boards signing, not Ole's. I highly doubt Ole wants him at all.

So my conclusion:
We will pay for Sancho. Just way too late in the window. Top4 will be decided by the smallest margin - maybe a point or goal difference. Signing Sancho after the start of the season is madness. We've already dropped points! We will buckle on the price, just like we did with Fernandes, Maguire, AWB etc......Our board are shambolic at negotiating. We tried, it didnt work. Why it takes months to give the club what they want baffles me.

Telles - Some sympathy here, the guy can be had for free in a few months time. We shouldn't pay top money. What we should do is table an offer which is reasonable - if its rejected move on to another target. The problem? We dont have forward planning to identify other targets. So we are on a twisted negotiating loop for weeks on end. If our club genuinely consider Telles to be the ONLY attainable LB in world football right now - we have big big problems. If we pay 20mil or so its rubbish negotiating, if we dont sign him or anyone else it's rubbish transfer strategy full stop

I really need to avoid the rumour mill over the weekend as it's going to be carnage for us - we are going to be linked with every player in europe at least twice

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure why we don't go for Perisic on loan. Just won the CL for Bayern on loan, could do a lot worse than that. Reliable, 2 footed, can play either side.
Only way Telles signs is if Smalling goes to Roma. We aren't paying up for him if not.

croadyman

Another grim day of reading the football transfer news as a utd fan.

Seems to be some talk of outgoings at least.

We need some activity for sure!

Lot of hate for the board but surely the lack of DOF and forward planning is our undoing again? A DOF would identify multiple players for each position and have a plan for development of said players.

Our plan:
Sancho - We are still going in for Sancho until the last day of the window, BVB have named the price, All we have to do is pay it. Talk is, Sancho wants the move and wages etc wont be an issue. It's just the fee.

The board dont want to pay - but we have no other alternatives due to no planning. Dembele being talked up but seems like Barca pushing him out rather than our actual want for him. Dembele strikes of our boards signing, not Ole's. I highly doubt Ole wants him at all.

So my conclusion:
We will pay for Sancho. Just way too late in the window. Top4 will be decided by the smallest margin - maybe a point or goal difference. Signing Sancho after the start of the season is madness. We've already dropped points! We will buckle on the price, just like we did with Fernandes, Maguire, AWB etc......Our board are shambolic at negotiating. We tried, it didnt work. Why it takes months to give the club what they want baffles me.

Telles - Some sympathy here, the guy can be had for free in a few months time. We shouldn't pay top money. What we should do is table an offer which is reasonable - if its rejected move on to another target. The problem? We dont have forward planning to identify other targets. So we are on a twisted negotiating loop for weeks on end. If our club genuinely consider Telles to be the ONLY attainable LB in world football right now - we have big big problems. If we pay 20mil or so its rubbish negotiating, if we dont sign him or anyone else it's rubbish transfer strategy full stop

I really need to avoid the rumour mill over the weekend as it's going to be carnage for us - we are going to be linked with every player in europe at least twice
So if you are that confident we still get him when do you think we will hear something positive on it

VanGaalyTime

My betting is by Sunday evening, many United fans will be very pleased with this summer's business, even if it was conducted way too late.

croadyman

My betting is by Sunday evening, many United fans will be very pleased with this summer's business, even if it was conducted way too late.
Leaving transfers until Monday just because of all the social media attention it gets just makes me feel sick to my stomach.

That is meant to be a day where you do some business if an opportunity arises that is too good to rurn down.