2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Ah nice- yeah doing the drive to Bryce and Death Valley etc is def still high on my agenda. May have to get some more specifics from you on tips it sounds like! Somehow ive always managed to avoid playing tourist in that part of the country.
Feel free to PM me when you have some dates in mind. While I may not the expert in backpacking/traveling in the US, I'll give you my experience which may help you in planning. Can't recommend yellowstone enough as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
On a serious note, polling is finished isn’t it? They’re going to try to convince us of updated models in 4 years and all that guff but the fact is that there is so many different variables these days and their canvassing methods are clearly dated, I just don’t really see how they will learn where they went wrong and adjust for it without being able to test and optimise it before they put it into action in ‘24 which will no doubt be complex in different ways.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's currently a tossup, a Georgia runoff in January might be the decider.

Dems win the House again though but didn't expand their majority.
It's not a tossup if Collins wins. Dems need to win Maine and Georgia runoff to control the senate (and in that case, Kamala needs to settle permanently there considering that it is gonna be 50-50).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
On a serious note, polling is finished isn’t it? They’re going to try to convince us of updated models in 4 years and all that guff but the fact is that there is so many different variables these days and their canvassing methods are clearly dated, I just don’t really see how they will learn where they went wrong and adjust for it without being able to test and optimise it before they put it into action in ‘24 which will no doubt be complex in different ways.
Everyone should vote in a 24 hour window using an app. If you don’t have a smartphone then you can pass away. Not interested.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One thing is for certain, Latinos cannot be looked at as a single voting bloc going forward.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I can't read charts. What am I looking at ?
Biden slightly overperformed in areas with less Hispanics (probably more whites) and badly underperformed in more Hispanic areas, compared to the last Democrat who ran a competitive race in Texas (Beto o' Rourke for senate in 2018).

Revan

Assumptionman
Polling predicted Biden to win, he is gonna win. Despite that actually the polling is worse than in 2016 (when IMO it was quite accurate actually), most of people are simply gonna say polling predicted Biden to win, and he won, so polling is good.

bleedred

Regardless, what she is saying is super important.
Doesn't matter. However much Officials say that the results are credible, People (on both sides) are going to question it if it doesn't go their way.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Was Hillary offering something to Latino voters that Biden did not?

Or has the Trump presidency given a number of Latino voters and communities the impetus to move to the GOP, a bit like Johnson and Brexit did for Red Wall ex-Labour voters?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

How exactly did this happen?
This needs serious looking at.
Joaquin Castro had been shouting from the rooftops for ages but no one predicted this. This is spectacular after Trump repeatedly targeting that group.

Revan

Assumptionman
Was Hillary offering something to Latino voters that Biden did not?

Or has the Trump presidency given a number of Latino voters and communities the impetus to move to the GOP, a bit like Johnson and Brexit did for Red Wall ex-Labour voters?
I believe that there were stats that were showing that they have been doing better with regard to unemployment etc (pre-covid). Otherwise, just makes no sense.

People can take some bullshti on TV, if at the end of the day you have more money. Especially if the money is scarce.

Dudu

Georgia Secretary of State said will they try to get out the remaining 200k left votes today.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Didn't he try and pull this sort of shit last time too, before he won? He spent a couple of days talking about how the system was corrupt and he wouldn't win. I think he just wants people to get angry so he can make money from them, and have loads of idiots on Twitter call him "Sir".
Will probably also help the Republicans with their base and if his antics stir up enough shit on the streets maybe he can make it harder for Dems to come after him or even leverage it into a deal for a pardon.

slyadams

That lady from Wisconsin said they're basically done with the count, why hasn't the state been called?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

What? If Trump loses, particularly if it's close, there's a decent chance he'll outright call for armed supporters to take to the street, never mind the bullshit dog-whistles he's doing already.
As bad as he is, you can ban me from this forum if he does that. Absolutely no chance.
Want to change your mind, GDaly, as he's already doing all he can to incite riots and the election isn't even called yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.