2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any predictions for when we will see him in public again?

On the one hand he will be absolutely destroyed by this and definitely want to avoid facing the reality of it. On the other hand, he’s a narcissist who is going to be desperate for attention.

I think he’s going to want to run in ‘24 and the party is going to have real trouble managing that. If he’s in the primaries he will win and we’ve already seen he can’t win the election.

RedChip

Ask the people who treat them as 2nd class citizens, disenfranchise them, look the other way when police kill them, segregate them etc.

Ask many of the 70 million who voted for Trump what an American is, I bet you they won't say an African-American. The African part in my opinion grows weaker with every generation to the point where they are just Americans and should be treated and regarded as such.
Maybe African Americans are just proud of their African heritage, and would rather it is not be forgotten; as would, probably, Irish Americans, Italian Americans, and so on. It is their heritage and it is important to them. It is not just a label.

Skills

Snitch

On the one hand he will be absolutely destroyed by this and definitely want to avoid facing the reality of it. On the other hand, he’s a narcissist who is going to be desperate for attention.

I think he’s going to want to run in ‘24 and the party is going to have real trouble managing that. If he’s in the primaries he will win and we’ve already seen he can’t win the election.
I'll be surprised if he's alive after a year of leaving office. The CIA/FBI will take him out because he's such a big liability for national security, and a dead former president is preferable to an imprisoned one for the republicans.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Don't be so certain about that. Trump managed to massively increase his number of votes this election, and it took a record breaking figure for Biden to defeat him.

If Trumpism and his fanbase holds, they will turnout similarly in 2024. It's hard to see Biden managing the same again. That's not a slight on him or what I think he'll be like as president, it's just the norm that a sitting president's votes diminish in their second race. Amongst other ways, this is where Trump was - and will continue to be - the anomaly.

What could stop him though is a huge tax bill/twitter bans/not being able to raise sufficient campaign funding. I'd wager that all these are pretty likely, him not being able to win a presidential election campaign re-run in 2024 if it comes to it, less so.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I'll be surprised if he's alive after a year of leaving office. The CIA/FBI will take him out because he's such a big liability for national security, and a dead former president is preferable to an imprisoned one for the republicans.
Alright Alex Jones.

Abizzz

He'll be back soon. He's a psychopath with no shame. A normal person would smart a bit from this, but delusion has it's uses.

SirAF

Ageist
You’re joking, but can you imagine Donald Trump with all the secrets he knows? I can easily imagine him yapping about it with his golf «buddies». «Hey, did I tell you about Roswell? I have the BEST stories to tell».

Abizzz

You’re joking, but can you imagine Donald Trump with all the secrets he knows? I can easily imagine him yapping about it with his golf «buddies». «Hey, did I tell you about Roswell? I have the BEST stories to tell».
He would have needed to listen to someone or read something in the past 4 years to have any secrets to spill now. America's secrets are safe.

Mike Smalling

The moment during Rudy's press conference, where the reporters tell him the networks have called it for Biden.

Drifter

American
DON'T FORGIVE & FORGET!!! White Liberals are Urging Us to Let Trump's Collaborators Off the Hook!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don't be so certain about that. Trump managed to massively increase his number of votes this election, and it took a record breaking figure for Biden to defeat him.

If Trumpism and his fanbase holds, they will turnout similarly in 2024. It's hard to see Biden managing the same again. That's not a slight on him or what I think he'll be like as president, it's just the norm that a sitting president's votes diminish in their second race. Amongst other ways, this is where Trump was - and will continue to be - the anomaly.

What could stop him though is a huge tax bill/twitter bans/not being able to raise sufficient campaign funding. I'd wager that all these are pretty likely, him not being able to win a presidential election campaign re-run in 2024 if it comes to it, less so.
The opposite is true.

SirAF

Ageist

He’s probably not running in 2024, he’ll be a one term President.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/11/biden-single-term-082129

Revan

Assumptionman
ACA was passed by reconciliation.

And Thaddeus Stevens was literally wheeled into the House for the impeachment vote. Had they felt the vote was important enough, they would have, you know, do the same, or abolish the filibuster when Ted Kennedy seat was lost. Reid eventually went there anyway, partly.
Without the benefit of hindsight, it was close to impossible to predict that McConnell would become McBlock. Republicans and Democrats worked together always despite the differences, and McConnell had just promoted to floor leader. Would have been very hard for Reid and Obama to know what is gonna happen.

Reid removed filibuster for judiciary appointments only after it became clear that McConnell had no interest in collaborating about them. When it came to laws, they always found a common ground, and removal of the filibuster was not needed (though I would argue that if Dems get control of the senate, they should entirely remove it, otherwise no BidenCare ever, and the fact that making laws requires 60 votes, while repealing them only 51 means that the filibuster must go *).

* Considering that McConnell is interested only in judiciary appointments and repealing Democrat laws. He doesn't care about adding his own laws unless it is lowering the taxes.

Revan

Assumptionman
That recount is going to be meaningless at this point.

I hope he accuses Georgia's fully Republican leadership of stealing the election from him though.
I hope so. If Trump cultists think that GOP didn't stand by the dear leader, there is hope that Dems will win both Georgia's seats.

Revan

Assumptionman
He probably doesn't know much. His entire presidency was to do nothing except sign judiciary appointments that Mitch sends to him, write in Twitter with Caps Locks turned on, play golf, and do rallies.

kps88

I doubt he'll go away or fully admit that he lost fair and square. There are still millions of people who hang on his every word and he will never give up that attention. Having a riled up base would also be useful with all this Dem talk of "healing and unifying". He could use it to help with the inevitable legal cases.

I don't think he'll have the energy to run again but he's going to constantly be out there talking crap.

InfiniteBoredom

Without the benefit of hindsight, it was close to impossible to predict that McConnell would become McBlock. Republicans and Democrats worked together always despite the differences, and McConnell had just promoted to floor leader. Would have been very hard for Reid and Obama to know what is gonna happen.

Reid removed filibuster for judiciary appointments only after it became clear that McConnell had no interest in collaborating about them. When it came to laws, they always found a common ground, and removal of the filibuster was not needed (though I would argue that if Dems get control of the senate, they should entirely remove it, otherwise no BidenCare ever, and the fact that making laws requires 60 votes, while repealing them only 51 means that the filibuster must go *).

* Considering that McConnell is interested only in judiciary appointments and repealing Democrat laws. He doesn't care about adding his own laws unless it is lowering the taxes.
It’s not really hindsight because immediately after the election it was reported that McTortoise said his no.1 priority is make Obama a one term president. And if Democrats didn’t heed the call then, it should’ve become abundantly clear when not a single one collaborate with them and they needed to go with the reconciliation course through the House anyway.

The Obama admin paid lip service to it but were never serious about including a public option even when it was in their hand. They had the Senate for another 4 years after the 2010 mid term massacre, but didn’t do anywhere near enough to fill federal judiciary with ideologically aligned young judges when they were getting taken to court for every single piece of legislation and government was shut down for months over a budget fight.

There are only 2 conclusions there, they sucked collossally at playing politics, and they were ok with what the GOP were doing to them anyway, since that gave them an excuse not to advance any real progressive agenda.

Drifter

American
I only watched 4 mins, so forgive me if I’ve misunderstood: you believe it would be beneficial ultimately to ‘attack’ any and all who voted Trump in 2016 and 2020?
Where does he say that? It is not about attacking Trump supporters, it's about not letting Trump and those GOP enablers of the hook, for what they did in office.

jungledrums

Where does he say that? It is not about attacking Trump supporters, it's about not letting Trump and those GOP enablers of the hook
Ah okay, I did misunderstand then. I thought he was referring to the collective Trump support network too, as in his voters as well.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No way will trump run again. He will be running his mouth and either he will end up in jail, or someone will take him out before the house of cards comes falling down

I think the campaign trial has been the highlight of his life, he absolutely loves it, so yeah, there’s a chance he’ll run again just to get more of that.
GOP and Democrats together need to prevent that happening.

Drifter

American
I think the campaign trial has been the highlight of his life, he absolutely loves it, so yeah, there’s a chance he’ll run again just to get more of that.
GOP and Democrats together need to prevent that happening.
And that is how Trump was elected in the first place.

NoLogo

Since he has already spilled all his secrets to Bob Woodward, twice, I doubt there is much more to share. And in his case it's probably a good thing he never read the security reports. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.