2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergies Gum

Not surprised that its Harris. She has been the main frontrunner ever since it looked like Biden would win the nomination.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don’t even know who the good choice would be to be honest but it doesn’t feel like she’s it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Whoever was the person with the shit sandwich analogy, they had it bang on. Barf.

Revan

Assumptionman
Good, expected and safe pick. I don't think that she will bring many votes in though, but she has enough experience to step in if anything happens to Biden.

And I hope there will be a VP debate. She is gonna grill Pence (worse than when Biden grilled Ryan).

Hamnat

My impression is that they like her, but never thought she could win, or make a good president.
Her shortcomings in the Black community are clearly being a representative of law enforcement and particularly prosecution. That played out in her presidential run imo. As a VP pick or Attorney general which i thought she would be excellent for as well she should be fine. She has a strong LGBT history with her work in California.

She is knowledgeable, formidable debater, as a partner for Biden and getting policy pushed I think she will be effective especially if Dems get the Senate too which is a must.
It's a fine pick.

Biden has a chance at showing the strong diversity and depth of the Democratic party in picking qualified and diverse cabinet members. He should look into some Progressives there too where they fit as well as more women.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Apparently, she is pro federal marijuana legalization and expunging records for cannabis non violent related crimes.

Will Biden share her view on those issues? Or is she being picked with the condition she doesn't speak up about controversial issues?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This pretty much means Susan Rice will be offered Secretary of State if he wins.
Ah well I'm down with that. At least we have 7th Oct to look forward to. Pence v Harris. In my diary! :drool:

Revan

Assumptionman
Seriously? They had months to prepare this considering that this was an open secret, and the best they came out with was this.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I guess in hindsight it was inevitable, but having Bernie leading in the primaries at one point only to get a Biden/Harris ticket is discouraging. Kamala could get 8 years in the Oval Office after this term as well.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seriously? They had months to prepare this considering that this was an open secret, and the best they came out with was this.
Think of it this way - the speculation is an easy way to get some free, relatively controversial free attention to your candidacy. And no one can claim now he didn't really think hard of who would be best for this (though as you said.. To people who pay attention.. Which isn't many.. This probably isn't a surprise at all).

nimic

something nice
Scout
Whether or not she'll be a good VP (and VP candidate), Biden sort of screwed her by making her the token pick. Everyone knew he was likely to pick a woman (just like everyone knew Obama wasn't going to pick a black person and Clinton wasn't going to pick a woman), but saying he was going to pick a woman was a bad move.

She'll have to do more to prove herself now.

In theory she could get 10.
Surely if she could get 10, she could get 11? Or even nearly 12, I guess.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surely if she could get 10, she could get 11? Or even nearly 12, I guess.
I could be wrong but I think if a VPOTUS assumes office with over 2 years of a term remaining they’re limited to one more term so 10 is the maximum.

As I say, I could be wrong.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Status
Not open for further replies.