2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Nevada is blue.

There’s another day of mail and conservatively we’d still likely to get to 95k firewall in Clark. It’s pretty impressive as culinary couldn’t get involved much this year with the state decimated by Covid.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
So I have a question.

The US is due to pull out of the Paris deal after the election but before the inauguaration.

What happens if Biden wins? Presumably Trump withdraws from the deal, but how then could the US rejoin? Would it take a supermajority in Congress?

SirAF

Ageist

The US is due to pull out of the Paris deal after the election but before the inauguaration.

What happens if Biden wins? Presumably Trump withdraws from the deal, but how then could the US rejoin? Would it take a supermajority in Congress?
I believe Biden said that they'll rejoin asap if he wins. Dunno how, but I guess they can make it happen fairly easily?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So I have a question.

Don’t think there was a vote to withdraw, not sure if there needs to be a vote to rejoin?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If Trumps wins he'll go on a tangent about how the "cheating Dems" cannot stop him and the "American people" in making American great again.

If he loses, he simply wont accept it. He'll go knee deep in conspiracy theories and may do some even more despicable sh*t.
"Proud boys, mount up."

"Patriots, hear your voice."

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This has been the strategy all along. Trump is already famously litigious, so it would make sense that he would attempt to use his network of loyalists in various states as well as (he hopes) SCOTUS, to help him across the finish line. The only thing that will stop it is an overwhelming Biden win where he is at or near 270, even without states where litigation may happen.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
I’ve said it a couple of times, but the book on the last few hundred days before the election of the Trump Administration will certainly be something.
If the first book was FEAR then this one should be CHAOS!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Polls look good for Biden. I just don’t see the point of him rallying with nobody showing up. That’s just bad PR.
Is it better PR to have literally hundreds of deaths and thousands of cases linked directly to your rallies?

InfiniteBoredom

The whole ‘result must be in by Tue’ may end up biting Trump in the arse.

Imagine Biden ending the night with big leads from Philly and its burbs, while the red counties don’t start counting until the next day partly due to Covid. Poetic justice.

Amir

This has been the strategy all along. Trump is already famously litigious, so it would make sense that he would attempt to use his network of loyalists in various states as well as (he hopes) SCOTUS, to help him across the finish line. The only thing that will stop it is an overwhelming Biden win where he is at or near 270, even without states where litigation may happen.
Which is shocking as it's almost like rewriting the rules for one sides. Biden doesn't need to win. He needs to win big or it isn't enough.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Great point, those deaths don’t really matter to anyone.
They’re down to virtually zero in so many ‘intelligent’ people’s minds anyway.

Starting to hear the response of ‘who cares about 1K deaths / day in America, that still is marginal versus how many people typically die every day in the US’ in another forum.

I mean, how does a sane person respond to that insanity?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
They’re down to virtually zero in so many ‘intelligent’ people’s minds anyway.

Starting to hear the response of ‘who cares about 1K deaths / day in America, that still is marginal versus how many people typically die every day in the US’ in another forum.

I mean, how does a sane person respond to that insanity?
The fact that Trump isn’t behind by >40 points is testament to how many idiots you have in. Maybe the founding fathers had it right when they were deciding who could vote. :houllier:

Libano

The fact that Trump isn’t behind by >40 points is testament to how many idiots you have in. Maybe the founding fathers had it right when they were deciding who could vote. :houllier:
This could have been prevented with a less anemic Dem ticket. Bernie/Warren and we wouldn’t even have this discussion. You would have to try really hard to run a worse campaign than Biden did.

SirAF

Ageist
This could have been prevented with a less anemic Dem ticket. Bernie/Warren and we wouldn’t even have this discussion. You would have to try really hard to run a worse campaign than Biden did.
Are you kidding? The Biden camp has, by all accounts, played a blinder :confused:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow. There’s a chance that every word in this post is incorrect.

Dudu

Eh? :lol:

Suv666

As much as I want a progressive to be the US president, A Bernie/Warren would have lost. America is too right wing for a progressive right now.
Biden has actually done a decent job. Everyone was worried that he would shit the bed in the debates. Did alright.

The United

What do you guys think of Robert Cahaly of The Trafalgar Group? He said Trump will be elected again due to undercounted votes.

This guy correctly predicted the results in 2016. Was it a fluke or does he have a point again this year?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What do you guys think of Robert Cahaly of The Trafalgar Group? He said Trump will be elected again due to undercounted votes.

This guy correctly predicted the results in 2016. Was it a fluke or does he have a point again this year?
‘Ashamed Trump voter’ impact had cache in 2016, just don’t see the same impact in 2020.

The number of ashamed Trump voters would need to be astronomically large this election to squeak out victories in the key battleground states.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I wish so hard for a Dem landslide that it triggers a rage so strong within Trump that he blows an aneurysm.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I believe Biden said that they'll rejoin asap if he wins. Dunno how, but I guess they can make it happen fairly easily?
Best thing Biden could do imho is the mass undo all the shit Trump has pulled and use the noise his administration created to obscure those things against them in essence. Wipe out the Trump legacy in one fell swoop. Cheers to the Rs in that regard for empowering executive orders under the W admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.