2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Got the day off work tomorrow to maximize the last day before a 1 month lockdown + I can now also follow this unravel. Settling in here!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How do you stop them from cutting costs in their businesses or putting pressure on companies as shareholders to do so? You can't because that would be a dictatorship.

Taxing them heavily will only result in damaging those at the bottom of the pyramid; you need to realise this.
Is this a wum? Did you only stumble upon the trickle down economic theory yesterday & somehow think it actually works?

Just so you know, it doesn’t work. Neve has.

Carolina Red

Staff
@Carolina Red: can't be bothered to find the post back (this thread is going really fast now), but could you provide some more info why people living the mountains of NC tend to vote for the Democrats? It is not what I would have expected.
Asheville is the San Francisco of the East Coast. The mountain lifestyle attracts what we call “granolas” to live there.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Trickle down economics works, the theory isn't flawed.

What's flawed is that the US manufactures chose to trickle their wealth somewhere else, everywhere else but the US. In order for jobs to go back to US the whole Marginal Cost have to be lower than their foreign competitors.

So all those rich people tax cut aren't doing the poor naught, but a free incentive for the rich.
TDE has never worked in this country, ever.

Amazing that any adult could even think that it did / does.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was wondering what Mitch's chances were for re-election, thinking that all his years of doing feck all but line his own pockets might come back to haunt him, but it looks like he's certain to keep his seat. Has McGrath had a poor campaign or is Kentucky just a Republican state by nature? Keep in mind that I think Kentucky is just filled with moonshine swigging, shoeless, banjo players.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Is this to say that turnout on the day will be low because most people have already voted?
It's not the 'red wave' on election day there like his supporters were hoping for (if reports are correct)

Biden's campaign manager sounds very confident.

Revan

Assumptionman
I was wondering what Mitch's chances were for re-election, thinking that all his years of doing feck all but line his own pockets might come back to haunt him, but it looks like he's certain to keep his seat. Has McGrath had a poor campaign or is Kentucky just a Republican state by nature? Keep in mind that I think Kentucky is just filled with moonshine swigging, shoeless, banjo players.
Kentucky is very Republican (despite having a Democrat governor), I think that Trump won it by 20+ points.

Add to that as Majority Leader, McConnell has extreme power and has redirected funds to Kentucky (same as Reid did for Nevada) so despite him being very dislikeable, people might still vote for him.

While I loathe the turtle even more the orangeman, he was always going to win.

owlo

Just a very red place.

Precaution

Kentucky is an awful state to live in, worse than many of the states in the south that get a bad rep (well Alabama sucks) it's just pure red by nature and Mitch will never give that golden goose up

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Have a feeling Biden is going to win and Trump is going to refuse to leave office. Would be befitting of the man and also of the year 2020.
It's the least he could do, he owes us a bit of drama. The way I see it, if Biden wins, and this circus show is coming to an end, then we are owed a good finale.

Seriously though, hope his lunatic cults don't get violent.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Kentucky is very Republican (despite having a Democrat governor), I think that Trump won it by 20+ points.

Add to that as Majority Leader, McConnell has extreme power and has redirected funds to Kentucky (same as Reid did for Nevada) so despite him being very dislikeable, people might still vote for him.

While I loathe the turtle even more the orangeman, he was always going to win.
I remember being on a bus in Kentucky once and aside from the 35 year olds with 16 year old girls (some pregnant) - it was the loud enough to hear "joking" about the black driver being a n-word and on top of that a woman "and they dont know how to drive" that forever scarred my feelings towards KY. Not the only overtly insulting thing I witnessed there either. I realize that is not all of Kentucky but holy shit.

macheda14

Trump just said ‘we’ve had rallies greater than America has ever seen, greater than the world has ever seen even.’ Has he ever read a history book? Wait sorry, watched a history documentary? Wait, just heard about anything that doesn’t concern him?

The Firestarter

I think it's one of the most overtly racist places.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I forgot how madly confusing all the turnout updates on twitter are. Best to avoid, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.