2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Does Biden only need Michigan and Wisconsin? Assuming he holds on to Arizona and Nevada?

How many electoral votes does that bring

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I keep expecting that annoying Liverpool fan Joe Scarborough guy popping up on CNN even though he doesn't work for them, thank god.

Kaos

Does Biden only need Michigan and Wisconsin? Assuming he holds on to Arizona and Nevada?

How many electoral votes does that bring
Yes. Should take him up to around 277 I believe?

Edit: 270 apparently, which would be exactly the winning number.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Think there's a lot more 'shy' Trump sympathisers in the UK than they're letting on. The Brexit crowd for one seem to love him.
That's definitely true - the ones I've seen on FB from the UK who are verbally pro-Trump are the same ones who were very verbally pro-Brexit / anti-immigrants

MuFc_1992

Who is the host on cnn now? He sounds annoying.
Chris Cuomo, he's really annoying and self obsessed. BTW the ad for the show called First move looks like the host is trying to flirt with everyone.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How many on here want Trump to win?

Reason I ask is I've not really many here in the UK who favour Trump but I assume he must be popular in the US (which I guess is the important thing!)
Win? Is there another option?

I would like the racist cnut to die slowly, painful.

Siorac

How do people seemingly know the results of the mailed--in votes if they have not been counted yet?

Trump seems to be threatening court action, so presumably he thinks these mailed-in votes are for Biden and wants to stop them or challenge their legitimacy. Biden seems to think it doesn't matter what the result of the actual votes counted on the day are he knows he has these mailed in votes in the bag.

But if its a secret ballot how can anyone have such positive views on what the outcome will be?

If the polls got it wrong 'on the day' why would they have got it right with the mailed in/early voting?
Because the US has party registration, and far more registered Democrats requested mail ballots than Republicans. In this at least the polls seem to be correct. And the election itself bears out the theory so far: pretty much every state where mail ballots were counted first started with clear Democratic advantages; pretty much every state that counts in-person votes first saw Republicans build up significant leads.

Rajma

Did Ukraine also call to say they're not in NATO and would likely never be allowed to join by Russia?
Exactly, I’m talking about countries that are already in Nato (i.e. Poland, Baltics, etc.) and all Trump was doing throughout his tenure is undermining the block. @UncleBob

prateik

I can’t make sense of this voting system. The person who has more votes should win, pretty simple.
The coasts are very densely populated.. middle America isnt..
If it was just more votes, politicians would have no incentive to do anything for the sparsely populated states.

UncleBob

In other words, you want to get rid of every party except the centre-left and centre-right parties. Are you sure you're not American? Although I gues that would be centre-right and right. Or right and far-right.
Sounds like a great idea, we'd be left with parties with a more realistic view on how to run a country, rather than nutjobs that reckons abortions are wrong because god said so.

SirAF

Ageist
Sounds like a great idea, we'd be left with parties with a more realistic view on how to run a country, rather than nutjobs that reckons abortions are wrong because god said so.
Which is exactly why you should be against Trump/GOP! ffs

Precaution

If it was just more votes, politicians would have no incentive to do anything for the sparsely populated states.
They don't anyway, Iowa is literally nothing but corn and their soy farms are buggered and look at Kentucky, have you ever met anyone from KY that has ever travelled out of state? The mid west is dying (I know KY isn't in the Mid West)

muller

Listen to trump and his supporters on that weird press conference.. literally sounds as deluded and strange as Jim Jones

Skills

Snitch
Isn't that the role of the senate? Where each state gets two representatives regardless of population

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
It wouldn't surprise me. I doubt that many on here would outright admit it though.
If there is one thing I've learnt is that Trump supporters absolutely admit it, there isn't a massive shy vote like would have been said. At least in the usa, people would absolutely talk about their support for him up front without anyone asking and they would presume I would be supporting him too(because I'm white I guess) and that was the same in Texas, and new york(not the city)

Carolina Red

Staff
It’s interesting that you describe the possible result of a popular vote system by using what happens in the electoral college system.

Maticmaker

Because the trend across all states is that mail in voting has strongly favoured Democrats.
Thanks -So 'mailed in' votes have been counted yes, not as being reported on TV that they only started counting once the voting closed?

Because the trend all evening is that Republicans voted in person and Dems voted by post.

Trump scared Republican voters away from absentee ballots, Coronavirus scared Democrats away from in person voting.
Thanks -So contrary to TV pundits comments otherwise, thses mailed in votes have been counted, presumably these were East coast results being counted as the sun rose?

Still doesn't answer the question that if pollsters got it so wrong about actual voting day outcomes, where 10% to 13 % leads for Biden were being reported, why would they get it right over 'mailed in' outcomes? ... perhaps some enterprising pollsters had a crafty peek?

Status
Not open for further replies.