2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananke

I love that Trump's twitter feed is literally all:

" Some or all of the content shared in this Tweet is disputed and might be misleading about how to participate in an election or another civic process. Learn more "

He's complete garbage.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Trump's record on the economy (pre Covid) was actually looking good for him. Without Covid pandemic this election wouldn't even be close I don't think despite him being the obnoxious SOB that he is.

Why can't the republicans find somebody who puts the economy first and isn't a racist moron?

owlo

Last year I was happy paying $750 a year in taxes, always honestly, in many key countries, in almost all instances capitalist run & controlled. Then, one by one, the tax bills started to magically rise as surprise IRS officials carefully counted my finances.. VERY STRANGE, and the “IRS” got it completely & historically wrong!

Siorac

Bavaria is actually a good example, I'd say it's the closest we have to the concept of states in the US. Europeans disregard the individual characteristics, histories and mentalities different states have though and their sizes when comparing it to European "states". And at least Michigan is/was more important than a good handful of European countries in the past century too, never mind states of which there is none to compare.
And Americans regularly underestimate the diversity of Europe and the diversity of individual European countries.

In the end, Michigan isn't a sovereign country and neither is Bavaria. The Netherlands and Belgium are. Russia also has huge subdivisions and Karelia is massively different compared to Yakutia but no one is expected to know these even in Europe.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The outcome of 2018’s senate elections meant that, in the immediate aftermath, analysts were predicting the senate wouldn’t flip in 2020 but democrats had a good shot of doing so in 2022. That might still hold true. It is just the “blue wave” predictions that shifted the narrative on this cycle’s outcome, based off of 2018 projections we’re probably on track.
Not so sure. Bidens term would be rife with recession from covid, civil unrest and the shit trump left it wont be rosy for him

All the GOP needs to push is that biden is shit and they'll buy that.

As it is trumps base will remain red, the swing voters is all dems to lose

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Trump's record on the economy (pre Covid) was actually looking good for him. Without Covid pandemic this election wouldn't even be close I don't think despite him being the obnoxious SOB that he is.

Why can't the republicans find somebody who puts the economy first and isn't a racist moron?
Thank goodness they didn't. They probably would have won this election.

Seriously, imagine Tom Cotton as president.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City

His record wasnt good. He basically did nothing apart from cutting taxes for the super rich and rolling back environmental regulations. The economic progress was basically down to the Obama years.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If you believe that a model is right because it got the output right, I have one of two dart throwing monkeys to sell you. The final Electoral College tally according to the final 538 averages would have been 348-190. There is no chance Biden gets to that number. Polls in Florida, North Carolina and Ohio were off by up to 10 percentage points. Poll data is unreliable so the models are wrong, GIGO.

Pollsters are all white guys in their bubbles - blacks go in this line, Latinos in this line, women go here - needless to say it's more complex than that.
Again it seems like you're misreading the data. How likely do you think 538 thought it was that Biden would end up with 348 in the EC? There's an actual % likelihood that goes with that figure which seems to be very different from your intuitive assumption. Or you're purposely misrepresenting it. This was said before the election day votes for counted, it was true no matter which way the votes went.

Polls are flawed. Some polls are more wrong that others for legitimate reasons. The reasons you've provided are not because those hypotheses have already been tested and disproven on dozens of electoral races in the last few years. Even with those issues, they predict the winner 3 out of 4 times. The decline in landline access and sample representativeness is a challenge, but it is no more a challenge there than here. So how is it they got 3 out of 4 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.