2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
VP announcement expected within the next 48 hours. Will be a surprise if it's not Harris or Rice.
On twotter some people were doing the political equivalent of transfer insanity and tracked a private flight from South Bend to Delaware.

Drifter

American
Krystal and Saagar: Wall Street SHOWERS Love On Biden As TYT Denied Press Creds At DNC

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

my favourite person online.

anyway pelosi's daughter should be content with the knowledge that everybody on the left has equal antipathy to all male and female VP picks of joe biden.
and another one

(screenshot since his tweets auto-delete every week)

Also Jesse Jackson went much further in his run for president than her (or Bernie 2020) without following centre-right orthodoxy like she did.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Seems everyone but Rice has a speaking role.

Pete?

e - Pete has something on a different day. So it's Rice.
Would be nice if he chose Chris Dodds or Collins/Murkowski.

Last edited:

MTF

Seems everyone but Rice has a speaking role.

Although you wouldn't normally expect the former Natl Security Advisor who has never run for elected office to speak at the convention. Take a step back, Susan Rice is quite unusual profile to even be in the VP conversation (which I'm all for).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Although you wouldn't normally expect the former Natl Security Advisor who has never run for elected office to speak at the convention. Take a step back, Susan Rice is quite unusual profile to even be in the VP conversation (which I'm all for).
Its not particularly uncommon for non elected people to speak at conventions. Clint Eastwood famously talked to an empty chair in 2012, and Dana White had a speaking role in 2016. On the DNC side the Khan family had a role, as did retired Gen. John Allen. There are many more examples....

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pete?

e - Pete has something on a different day. So it's Rice.
Would be nice if he chose Chris Dodds or Collins/Murkowski.
I suspect Pete has a job, which I hope is something like WH Chief of Staff. Can't really see what other cabinet job would suit his background.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
She's an excellent choice but will have a real hard time with armchair critics and hindsight experts, who will pick apart her foreign policy decisions as only they can.

Mike Pence has barely travelled abroad so his record is above scrutiny.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
She's an excellent choice but will have a real hard time with armchair critics and hindsight experts, who will pick apart her foreign policy decisions as only they can.

Mike Pence has barely travelled abroad so his record is above scrutiny.
ty for your vote of confidence. i might *somehow* manage to find teh ammunition to criticise an intervention which has led to a failed state haven for ISIS.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I suspect Pete has a job, which I hope is something like WH Chief of Staff. Can't really see what other cabinet job would suit his background.
CIA director is one. The other might be Gosplan chief of bread prices :drool:

It might yet be Kamala etc

Revan

Assumptionman
Harris or Rice, both are fine. Probably prefer Harris cause of her experience, though that will likely give her a clear shot at 2024 which I don’t like.

Choosing Warren means losing the senate, so I can understand it despite that she would have been my first choice.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Harris or Rice, both are fine. Probably prefer Harris cause of her experience, though that will likely give her a clear shot at 2024 which I don’t like.

Choosing Warren means losing the senate, so I can understand it despite that she would have been my first choice.
I'm warming on Harris lately. Rice just seems a bit on the abrasive side and her lack of political skills will eventually become a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.