2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
https://www.axios.com/trump-claim-e...nic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments.

• That's even if the Electoral College outcome still hinges on large numbers of uncounted votes in key states like Pennsylvania.
Behind the scenes: Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.

• For this to happen, his allies expect he would need to either win or have commanding leads in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Iowa, Arizona and Georgia.
He can declare all he wants.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hard disagree. Trump's base and level of support has barely moved in 4 years of this insanity. Up or down. It just is, and continues to be.
Since he was nominated as the candidate, Biden's support has grown - which is actually kind of rare, especially when it's not at the expense of the incumbent.

Biden is holding together the progressives, appeasing the moderates and not scaring away the never-Trumpers. I didn't want him as the candidate but his team (and he himself) have done a great job at managing this particular duel.
Exactly. A more progressive candidate for president this campaign just would not have garnered as much support from the center or the right. Don’t think whatever progressives would have been gained by a more prog candidate would have made up for losing the center / right votes of both parties.

owlo

That’s something. Apparently those judges on the TX SC aren’t exactly left-leaning.
I posted about this yesterday. It was hella weird all over. Basically if i recall right it started about 9 days ago (when only about 20k had voted), the courts declined to rule, yet they kept going and now it concerns around 150k votes. Would never have stood, but its the level of crazy some in the GOP are going to.

Moscow Mitch isn't being at all supportive though, so I expect the litigation to go nowhere. Trumps plan is probably to get competing sets of certifications or something from places like PA. It's nuts.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I posted about this yesterday. It was hella weird all over. Basically if i recall right it started about 9 days ago (when only about 20k had voted), the courts declined to rule, yet they kept going and now it concerns around 150k votes. Would never have stood, but its the level of crazy some in the GOP are going to.

Moscow Mitch isn't being at all supportive though, so I expect the litigation to go nowhere. Trumps plan is probably to get competing sets of certifications or something from places like PA. It's nuts.
What would the TX GOP’s next step be? To the 5th. Circuit? Certainly they couldn’t get it heard in just a couple of days?

Just stumbled upon this Texas lunacy doing a google search; why would anyone be against people having to wear a mask while voting?:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/ele...t-all-texas-polling-locations/?outputType=amp

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Reps will try to make only the results of election day count. A lot of early votes will have to be counted after, so if Biden isn't winning by a landslide, then he might be behind on election day. In that case, the Reps might win it by getting the courts to simply toss millions of votes.
Didn't Trump already voted? by doing so, he is clearly saying that early vote is valid

in fact he jokingly said "I voted for a guy named Trump"

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Exactly. A more progressive candidate for president this campaign just would not have garnered as much support from the center or the right. Don’t think whatever progressives would have been gained by a more prog candidate would have made up for losing the center / right votes of both parties.
Someone like Bernie isn’t the solution as he scares too many people, rightly or wrongly.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yep, great point.

What’s odd is that the fecking governor issued the mask wearing mandate!
:lol: You could have left off everything after governor and you could explain Texas in a single statement.

Seriously though, Trump has broken the republicans. They were always weird, but they are so far down the rabbit hole now they have no idea which way is up anoymore.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
will the republican party brake the system to defend a crazy guy? there will be many elections after this one
This will be just one of the many things republicans have broken in the name of the president. This wouldn’t make them flinch one iota.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
certain early votes wont be enough, i seriously think biden will win for a very big margin
I wouldn’t put it past them to try to illegitimize (if that’s a word) counties & congressional districts that were heavily POC, thus democrat.

owlo

What would the TX GOP’s next step be? To the 5th. Circuit? Certainly they couldn’t get it heard in just a couple of days?

Just stumbled upon this Texas lunacy doing a google search; why would anyone be against people having to wear a mask while voting?:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/ele...t-all-texas-polling-locations/?outputType=amp
I dunno if it's even worth it for them to take it there. Mind you, it wasn't in the first place so who knows. They are essentially asking for the votes to be plain invalidated. It's literally silly season haha.

By the way my friend @ Miami Dade USPS is saying operations staff are so concerned that some are now working overtime without pay, and others are trying but being told by their supervisors that "its not allowed" - Seems an utter shambles in FL too!

The answer is in your question
:lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It would be meaningless since everyone would know there are still votes to be counted.
Oh, no doubt the process would go on.

I’m concerned about armed insurrection by the idiots who ‘believe’ their man ‘won’ the election. This will just be his biggest dog whistle to date to those mensas.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I bet it was you who merged my illustrous "There's no way Trump will win the election" to this low shelf thread!

hi Raoul! :)
listen my man, you better have thrown a ton salt and knocked on a forest of wood before making that thread. 2020 has already shown it gives zero fecks, so best not to tempt anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.