2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

He started his presidency with 'alternative facts' regarding his inauguration crowd size, so why be surprised he will end his presidency with 'alternative facts' regarding the validity of election results?!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Its a low bar I judge him on to be fair, compared to the other crop of complete shithouses I think he was ok. In a normal world with normal people in power it would be different.
His concession speech was pretty good. Watched it the other day.

Compare that to anything associated with Trump - and, yeah, the difference is...between what's normally called "decent" and what should be called...I don't even know. The very opposite of "decent" at any rate.

edcunited1878

Thanks, anyway he could affect election result by doing that?
Nope, because the individual states are in control of that. From the way they accept votes, to process of what is counted first (e.g. in-person/day of voting, mail-in ballots, etc.). The SoS and State AGs all agree on the rules well before the actual polling is conducted.

Dudu

In other news, some encouraging wins apparently:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Can you elaborate about McCain not being a valuable hero in this space (space as in politics?)
politically, supported every war that happened and every war that didn't happen, very often voted in line with his awful party, his big plus (pushing for campaign finance reform) happened after he got caught doing dirty campaign funding/favours and escaped punishment.

personally, abandoned his first wife when she was in hospital, and married a rich woman who financed his runs, called her a cnut in public. also this.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
People seem to be forgetting this is the literal definition of existential for him. If he is no longer President, there is a world where he's bankrupt and in jail in 12 months time.

He doesn't care about institutions, America or his voters. He only cares about that. He'll probably try to bribe electors in PA. What does he have to lose?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In other news, some encouraging wins apparently:

Michigan Supreme Court and Labor Board also flipped in favor of Dems. In many ways those kinds of wins are more immediately impactful than congressional changes - especially if those congressional changes dont change the balance within that state.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Trump will have a concession speech (live from Mar-a-Lago) but go off the rails ala Leo's character in Wolf of Wall Street when Belfort was to step down, minus the coherency and sanity of course. It will be more epic than this week's meltdown. "Firstly, I didn't LOSE."

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Seems a little unlikely that votes received after election day would cause that much of a swing. 7,788 military votes in Pennsylvania in total in 2016, 5,203 in Georgia, 2,677 in Nevada. In North Carolina there were 6,317 in total last time, by election day there were 9,749 this time. Given how many states require them to have it in by election day anyway, and the regimented nature of the military, it's hard to imagine there being significantly more flowing in for days after. So maybe 50% more votes than last time in total, and if we guessed that 10% of the total came after election day, then you're talking about > 1,000 in Georgia. There's more overseas absentee ballots but no reason to assume they'll fall Trump's direction.

We know 8,900 military and overseas absentee ballots haven't been returned in Georgia so far, but how many were sent out in the first place, or what % are typically taken up? Based on last year's numbers you'd assume it's quite a big number.
i was thinking about only georgia with that post, with its razor-thin margin, brian kemp as governor, republican SoS, and incoming miiltary ballots. i think the penn call is decisive will end up with a bigger margin, and won't be overturned. also i was being sarcastic with the "great minds" reference to trump.

Amarsdd

My other take is that the Trump legal team has actual evidence of voter fraud (hint: it's from the Trump supporters he encouraged to vote as many times as they can) and they'll try to argue that fraudulent votes (in his favour) should nullify the election result.
like this?

As always, everything they say is a projection.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
His concession speech was pretty good. Watched it the other day.

Compare that to anything associated with Trump - and, yeah, the difference is...between what's normally called "decent" and what should be called...I don't even know. The very opposite of "decent" at any rate.
Frightening to think that anything less dangerous than demanding insurrection from his followers will make Trump's speech sound decent. Oh, how times have changed.

Dudu

Michigan Supreme Court and Labor Board also flipped in favor of Dems. In many ways those kinds of wins are more immediately impactful than congressional changes - especially if those congressional changes dont change the balance within that state.
Great news!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
So let's be honest with ourselves - this is basically playing out exactly how we expected it to isn't it?
Not expected, no - but hoped.

But if the full "hoped" scenario actually plays out, Don Corona (and his entire family) will end up in jail.

Personally, I''ll gladly just take the fecking sack of shit losing the election, though.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don't see the military ballots changing GA. Trump would need 60% return out of let's say 8000 (don't think all 8900 will be returned, some ruled out, etc.). That would be a net gain of 1.6K votes and it's presently Biden by ~1.55K, could go +/- as more outstanding ballots are tabulated.

Trump is not universally loved by the military, and there are plenty of black, brown, and women votes in that mix. 55% at best, for either candidate IMO.

Red Stone

Trump will have a concession speech (live from Mar-a-Lago) but go off the rails ala Leo's character in Wolf of Wall Street when Belfort was to step down, minus the coherency and sanity of course. It will be more epic than this week's meltdown. "Firstly, I didn't LOSE."
I'm not losing. I'm not losing.

I'M NOT FUCKIN' LOSING!

Status
Not open for further replies.