2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
On average, what percentage of Trump's time - excluding sleeping - is spent watching TV, twittering and playing golf? I'd guess about 70%.

In terms of the work that a President needs to doing, he must be the most absentee-President ever.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'd love for the Georgia thing to get out of hand and have loads of his supporters boycott.

Preferably due to Trump scuppering it himself by not being able to resist saying something stupid about how they screwed him by not fight harder for him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The best part of the decision, the panel was led by a Trump appointee :

vodrake

Can't wait for them to claim this is all part of their genius plan to get the case taken up to the SCOTUS

Edit: Damn, they've already beat me to it

GiddyUp

Forget Biden, they should be investigating how this cnut got 70 million votes. I would love to see the signature matches in red counties. If there was any voter fraud in this country guaranteed it was his voters.

GiddyUp

Can't wait for them to claim this is all part of their genius plan to get the case taken up to the SCOTUS

Who will argue the case in front of the SCOTUS? Her or Guiliani?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

What a conspiracy! Republican-appointed judges, Republican Governors, Republican Secretaries of States, Republican vote-counters ... they're all in on it!

vodrake

What a conspiracy! Republican-appointed judges, Republican Governors, Republican Secretaries of States, Republican vote-counters ... they're all in on it!
Not only Republican, one of the judges was specifically appointed by Trump himself. Looks like he's been compromised too! Who can you even trust these days?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

You seem to get a few Trump supporters very happy that this could go to the SCOTUS, where they have Trump appointed judges like it's not a completely mental thing to be wanting.

Precaution

Methinks alot of these judges buttered up Trump and used him to get appointed and not give twofecks about him afterwards bar the obvious weirdo cretins who follow him like he's the second rendition of Charles Mansen.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Why doesn’t Trumps PA case just get thrown out instead of upwards to the SCOTUS?
So, if I have a shitty case I can just keep getting it denied until I argue it all the way to the top. At what point do shitty cases just get thrown in the bin?

Last edited:

Precaution

Why doesn’t Trumps PA case just get thrown out instead of upwards to the SCOTUS?
So, if I have a shitty case I can just keep getting it denied until I argue it all the way to the top. At what point do shitty cases just get thrown in the bin?
Isn't it the same in the UK where you can get your case to the high court?

The Firestarter

My understanding is that any case may reach the SC but they are not required to accept it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
My understanding is that any case may reach the SC but they are not required to accept it.
Your understanding is correct. Judge Bibas crafted a pretty compelling opinion, i'm really not sure that it'll ever go to SCOTUS.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Your understanding is correct. Judge Bibas crafter a pretty compelling opinion, i'm really not sure that it'll ever go to SCOTUS.
fingers crossed, but it does go to show how political the court is now. They just assume it's inevitable that THEIR judges will take up the case. Instead of three branches, they're acting like it's a judicial wing on the GOP.

"oh we keep losing in embarrassing lawsuits where each judge viciously scalds us for conspiracy law suits.....no matter, the SCOTUS is Republican"

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
fingers crossed, but it does go to show how political the court is now. They just assume it's inevitable that THEIR judges will take up the case. Instead of three branches, they're acting like it's a judicial wing on the GOP.

"oh we keep losing in embarrassing lawsuits where each judge viciously scalds us for conspiracy law suits.....no matter, the SCOTUS is Republican"
It's not that much though, Brett Kavanaugh already ruled several times against Trump. Elite republicans like them aren't really Trumptards.

GiddyUp

What would it say about the Roberts court if the Republicans shout it from the rooftops that you must hear the case because we put you guys there so rule in our favor. In an election that was lost by bigger margins than '16 and after every lower court basically laughed it out of the building.
If it does get there I predict a 7-2 against trump with Alito and Thomas in the opposition, being the absolute cnuts they are.

vodrake

Your understanding is correct. Judge Bibas crafted a pretty compelling opinion, i'm really not sure that it'll ever go to SCOTUS.
I'm just going by what I've read elsewhere, but it seems they're only appealing the denied request to amend the original complaint? So even in the infinitely slim case that the SC take up the case and for whatever reason rule in favour of Trump, all that happens is that the amended case gets sent back down to the bottom level to start again? And then presumably it will just get thrown out again because they still haven't produced any actual evidence.

It's been sold to Trump supporters that they just need to get it to the SCOTUS and then BOOM, they overthrow the election, but it doesn't seem to be anything like that in even the best case scenario for them.

Drifter

American
Oh, Dear

The Trump campaign had to pay $3 million for the recount in Wisconsin.

Precaution

Oh, Dear

$3mill they'll never see again

Speaking of which

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The City of El Paso is taking further steps in attempts of collecting more than $500,000 that’s owed by the Trump campaign from a rally that took place almost two years ago.
https://www.ktsm.com/news/city-of-e...elp-collect-trump-campaigns-outstanding-debt/

The Firestarter

What would it say about the Roberts court if the Republicans shout it from the rooftops that you must hear the case because we put you guys there so rule in our favor. In an election that was lost by bigger margins than '16 and after every lower court basically laughed it out of the building.
If it does get there I predict a 7-2 against trump with Alito and Thomas in the opposition, being the absolute cnuts they are.
Alito is evil cnut, but I fear ACB has the potential to be the same. In case Dem win the runoffs, they should pack the court pronto.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Oh, Dear

His gullible supporter marks will have to pay it, you mean.

"Drifter! EVERYONE else has heard God Emperor Trump's cry for justice and bravely put their hand in their life savings for the Glorious Justice Fund. Why haven't YOU??"

Revan

Assumptionman
Alito is evil cnut, but I fear ACB has the potential to be the same. In case Dem win the runoffs, they should pack the court pronto.
Manchin already said that he is gonna vote against it. Hickenlooper (who isn’t as centrist as Manchin) said so too. And I guess there are other Democrat senators who might vote against it. Schumer really will have a tough fight in his hands to make this happen, and I do not see how he can manage to do so (especially with Manchin who is extremely stubborn and typically is one of the few politicians who seems to keep his word).

Status
Not open for further replies.