2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
i get some people wanting to support him, but how can anyone with 2 brain cells actively shill for someone that's killed 230k people?
Because they frame Trump through personal relationships and not the policy lens the opposition would like him to be framed through.

Maticmaker

HRC was an awful candidate. And Trump barely beat her.
Trump should not have won the Republican nomination; he should not have won in 2016 Presidential race (against anybody); he should not win in 2020 against a nice man like Joe Biden....?

Even whilst still in office and certainly in retrospect, Trump may well be remembered as the worst President in the modern era, but when he leaves office more books will be written about this guy and his 'gig' as President; how he won it; how he tweeted his way into more trouble (actual and self induced) direct from the Whitehouse and in so doing sidelined the majority of the press in the USA as 'opinion formers'; how he change the Supreme Court from left to right; how he built 'walls', real and mythical around borders and within segments of the population of the Country; how he survived impeachment; how he was first US President to walk on North Korean soil, how he got more Middle-Eastern countries to recognize the State of Israel in four years, than any of his predecessors had done in four decades.

Donald will be gone, but not forgotten ... or will he?

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Trump should not have won the Republican nomination; he should not have won in 2016 Presidential race (against anybody); he should not win in 2020 against a nice man like Joe Biden....?

Even whilst still in office and certainly in retrospect. Trump may well be remembered as the worst President in the modern era, but when he leaves office more books will be written about this guy and his 'gig' as President; how he won it; how it tweeted his way into more trouble (actual and self induced) direct from the Whitehouse and in so doing sidelined the majority of the press in the USA as 'opinion formers'; how he change the Supreme Court from left to right; how he built 'walls', real and mythical around borders and within segments of the population of the Country; how he survived impeachment; how he was first US President to walk on North Korean soil, how he got more Middle-Eastern countries to recognize the State of Israel in four years, than any of his predecessors had done in four decades.

Donald will be gone, but not forgotten ... or will he?
You are clearly a fan but anyway.

The Supreme court was right even before Trump. Conservatives had a 5-4 majority, now they have a 6-3 majority. And this has everything to do with McConnell, and feck all to do with Trump.

Maticmaker

Not really, but there are so many Trump opponents on here thought I would try to restore the balance!
Conservatives had a 5-4 majority, now they have a 6-3 majority.
True, but surely a 6-3 result is better than 5-4 (think of the goal difference? :))
It would have been more accurate to have said he has moved it further right with his appointments... I stand corrected

Siorac

There is no way a lead of > 10 points nationally does not translate to an EC win, right....right?
Probably not... but you never know. Theoretically, it's absolutely possible. The American election system is just bizarre, really.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This could easily have been written by some German patriot in the late 1930s. That sentence about not focusing on the stuff Trump says and tweets is a disgrace and disgusting.
Oh well - the only people who care about what Jack Nicklaus thinks about politics were likely already voting Trump anyway.

owlo

FL polls are thankfully now more in line with my analysis and predictions here of the last few days. That was a bit clutch. Trash pollsters aren't good for nerves.

As a lawyer I respectfully disagree
That's a shame. (not that you disagree, but that he's not respected in the legal sphere) - I assume Roberts is broadly respected? What of the other conservatives? (I know RBG respected Scalia, but nothing else)

SirAF

Ageist
FL polls are thankfully now more in line with my analysis and predictions here of the last few days. That was a bit clutch. Trash pollsters aren't good for nerves.

That's a shame. (not that you disagree, but that he's not respected in the legal sphere) - I assume Roberts is broadly respected? What of the other conservatives? (I know RBG respected Scalia, but nothing else)
:drool:

GiddyUp

The Supreme court was right even before Trump. Conservatives had a 5-4 majority, now they have a 6-3 majority. And this has everything to do with McConnell, and feck all to do with Trump.
True. Trump didn't even know who John Boehner was in 2015 so I doubt he even knew the names of the three nominees until it was mentioned to him.

GiddyUp

This could easily have been written by some German patriot in the late 1930s. That sentence about not focusing on the stuff Trump says and tweets is a disgrace and disgusting.
The country club class are a pack of ***** so it really isn't suprising.

Revan

Assumptionman
Stupid question here, but Biden winning the popular vote in Florida would not necessarily mean him winning the state right? It would still come down to districts etc.?
No. Who wins more votes, wins the state (and all its electoral votes).

owlo

Stupid question #2 Does the Ossoff race go to a runoff if it's close, or only the special?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What a mess. Looks like 2 runoffs then, and we won't know how strong the D senate advantage is until January. It's a shame about the runoff; can't see him [Ossoff] winning without trump on the ticket.
It says one is a normal Senate race and the other is a special.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
1. I assume this is a good pollster since you're posting it
2. What the feck?!
Same pollster has Trump +1 in Ohio, and Biden +5 in PA (which are both very normal sounding results). That said, the pollster doesn't have a 538 rating, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
+9 in Texas, the problem with this type of poll is that rather than making me feel good and hopeful, it instead makes me worried.

Is it more believable that Biden is really polling that far ahead in Texas, or is it more believable that this questions the wider polling results so far altogether?

SirAF

Ageist
Same pollster has Trump +1 in Ohio, and Biden +5 in PA (which are both very normal sounding results). That said, the pollsters doesn't have a 538 rating, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Cheers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
+9 in Texas, the problem with this type of poll is that rather than making me feel good and hopeful, it instead makes me worried.

Is it more believable that Biden is really polling that far ahead in Texas, or is it more believable that this questions the wider polling results so far altogether?
We had a +17 in WI yesterday as well. When in doubt, go by the polling average.

owlo

It says one is a normal Senate race and the other is a special.
It says this too:

The first Senate race is between incumbent Republican Senator David Perdue, Democrat Jon Ossoff, and Libertarian Darrell McGuire. This is the type of race you're probably used to. Senator Perdue's six year term is up, and you have a choice of three candidates. Whoever wins in November will be sworn in as one of Georgia's U.S. Senators in January for the next six years. If no one wins over 50% of the vote, the race will go into a runoff on January 5th, 2021.

owlo

8.5 million votes already cast in Texas, which is 94% of the total vote in 2016.

Could the massive turnout be helping Biden?
There's almost no way it could help trump at least. I've been harping on about turnout for the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.