2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

I agree too - war heroes mean feck all to me.

But he seemed like a pretty decent guy for a US politician to me.

I'm sure there's a million reasons to hate him, but whatever - my overall impression of the man was pretty good based on how he came across publicly from 2008 all the way to his death.
Yeah, McCain was one of the better Republicans, at least looking at it from the outside. I'm just always uncomfortable with the US veneration of the military. And I find it more tragic than anything else that he had to endure that experience.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
He wasn’t a poor Southern black young boy who had no choice when drafted, he was the son of a high ranking US military officer who could’ve easily spent his time patrolling the US coast. Instead he chose to go to a backwater foreign country and dropped napalm and Agent Orange on them.

Go and see for yourself the victims of those, kids born with deformities, people who lost limbs even nowadays from leftover bombs and mines. As a Vietnamese, he can feck off with his war hero credentials.
That's too high road for a country which dropped atomic weapons!

I don't think duty as a solider can be a pick and choose as you feel that day.

Siorac

Yea not the thread for it, but I strongly disagree with @nimic and @Siorac here. Not to mention it was the 50-70's. They didn't have the internet to give them information on the ground. There is no shame in serving your country. None.
There might be no shame in going to Vietnam and fighting there (the shame is reserved exclusively for those who perpetuated and profited from that war) but as I said, I find these war stories more tragic than uplifting.

Irwin99

Under no illusions that the world will magically get better of all of sudden but for today, it just feels so fecking great that the orange fascist has been defeated. The Paris agreement has the US again :D

Irrational.

Awesome. Now get the feck out of The Whitehouse you shameless, racist, pussy grabbing, gun loving, climate denying, pandemic downplaying, citizen killing, bleach advocating, war starting, tax evading, prostitute hiring, dictator loving, Russian colluding, fake news advocating, journalist shushing, white supremacist defending, Farage rimming, small handed, pig brained, obese Wotsit.

I hope this is the first step of many to the world recovering from the nightmare we have been in for at least the last 12 months.

InfiniteBoredom

That's too high road for a country which dropped atomic weapons!

I don't think duty as a solider can be a pick and choose as you feel that day.
W did it. Bill Clinton left the country to dodge the draft.

You can say that they did it purely out of self-preservation, I’d agree too. But that’s still better than committing war crimes out of a misplaced sense of duty.

Amarsdd

Apparently similar scenes in NYC and other cities.
Here in Upstate NY as well. There are a bunch of families across my street honking horns and dancing in their yards to a song with words something like "the evil is gone".

Tarrou

I know people have said Trump might not leave the White House willingly

I wouldn't be surprised if he just fecks off early tbh

Kaos

I know people have said Trump might not leave the White House

I wouldn't be surprised if he just fecks off early tbh
I suspect he'll resign and have Mike Pence do the inauguration handover to spare him further humiliation.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Awesome. Now get the feck out of The Whitehouse you shameless, racist, pussy grabbing, gun loving, climate denying, pandemic downplaying, citizen killing, bleach advocating, war starting, tax evading, prostitute hiring, dictator loving, Russian colluding, fake news advocating, journalist shushing, white supremacist defending, Farage rimming, small handed, pig brained, obese Wotsit.

I hope this is the first step of many to the world recovering from the nightmare we have been in for at least the last 12 months.
:lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
have you followed him through the primary?

here -

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...n/video/playlists/2020-democratic-debate-abc/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cory-booker-joe-biden-fumbling-2020_n_5d7b1890e4b00d690595fb46

this one happened twice:

i stutter sometimes and uhmm a lot when i teach. i don't contradict myself and deny it within 2 minutes, and i don't forget the topic of the presentation.
Yes I have. He is ridiculously old. His mind is clearly not what it once was 20 years ago. The same was true of Trump 4 years ago. It's extremely distasteful, and not remotely possible, to label thel them as having dimensia from TV clips.

diarm

Did Fox wait for Trump to tee off before they called it?

I hope the feckers shoots 150.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Meanwhile, here’s the pulse of what’s going on in Parler, a website in which I spent twelve hours over the past two days...

The whole world just watched an election get stolen in America. Yet the Democrats claim Trump is a threat to the Republic. They are always profoundly guilty of the sins they allege in others.
https://parler.com/post/00a5af9fa70c4dc585a8f7f48fdbf625

This is from Milo. He is a learned scholar to the masses over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.