2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiddyUp

Did you miss the minor episode when Donald fired the last one? :confused:
That's because he was intimidated by Comey's height. Comey handed the election to trump in some respects by firing blanks one week before election day and his head to head with trump may have been him trying to make amends but I don't think Wray has been too scandalous since his appointment.
Directors get that 10 year appointment so as to serve two administrations so unless he is neck deep in trump's bullshit like Barr he might get a pass.
I do agree that Preet should be appointed, he would be a fecking dream and a clean break is very appealing but if there is bigger fish to fry or Wray has the goods on trump I doubt Biden would axe him as quick as trump axed Comey.
I do want this administration investigated thoroughly and even if half the shit is true they should go for the jugular.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you know when the seat goes in election if Warren becomes VP? If it is a few months, it might be ok, but longer than that and it would be a disaster move. Getting the senate is as important as getting the presidency IMO.
By law, it would need to happen within 160 days. As you see in the below link, there are ways to get around this entire issue. If Warren were to resign from the Senate immediately, the special election would take place by Dec or Jan, which means there would be almost no difference in the timing should the Dems reclaim the Senate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-path-to-becoming-vp-is-easier-than-it-looks

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That's because he was intimidated by Comey's height. Comey handed the election to trump in some respects by firing blanks one week before election day and his head to head with trump may have been him trying to make amends but I don't think Wray has been too scandalous since his appointment.
Directors get that 10 year appointment so as to serve two administrations so unless he is neck deep in trump's bullshit like Barr he might get a pass.
I do agree that Preet should be appointed, he would be a fecking dream and a clean break is very appealing but if there is bigger fish to fry or Wray has the goods on trump I doubt Biden would axe him as quick as trump axed Comey.
I do want this administration investigated thoroughly and even if half the shit is true they should go for the jugular.
To be honest, DC has been such a circus I couldn’t immediately recall if he is one of the rare competent appointees or one marked to get the boot from a new administration.

A quick google says Donnie is thinking of firing him, so he must be pretty good.

Revan

Assumptionman
By law, it would need to happen within 160 days. As you see in the below link, there are ways to get around this entire issue. If Warren were to resign from the Senate immediately, the special election would take place by Dec or Jan, which means there would be almost no difference in the timing should the Dems reclaim the Senate.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-path-to-becoming-vp-is-easier-than-it-looks
I see. In January does not look too bad, but the problem is that as of right now the senate is a bit in balance for some issues (like Obamacare). Replace Warren with a GOP senator and who knows what can happen until election time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I see. In January does not look too bad, but the problem is that as of right now the senate is a bit in balance for some issues (like Obamacare). Replace Warren with a GOP senator and who knows what can happen until election time.
That's possible, but I somehow doubt GOP Senators, who are staring down the barrel of a potential blue wave, would all play along with Trump's last ditch try to burn the house down on his way out. Collins, Ernst, Tillis et al., are still very competitive, and I even saw a recent poll where Jon Ossof is now within striking distance of Purdue in GA. So there would be little incentive for Republicans to commit political suicide along with their cult leader.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Same thing based on what I've seen expressed in black American circles.
The district attorneys work in the courts and decide what criminal charges to bring about and do the actual prosecution of cases. While they review police reports and work closely with police due to the nature of their jobs, to say they're cops is a stretch.

roseguy64

The district attorneys work in the courts and decide what criminal charges to bring about and do the actual prosecution of cases. While they review police reports and work closely with police due to the nature of their jobs, to say they're cops is a stretch.
I know what they do. Anyone involved in law enforcement gets the same view though. They're all upholding an oppressive system in the eyes of the downtrodden.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's possible, but I somehow doubt GOP Senators, who are staring down the barrel of a potential blue wave, would all play along with Trump's last ditch try to burn the house down on his way out. Collins, Ernst, Tillis et al., are still very competitive, and I even saw a recent poll where Jon Ossof is now within striking distance of Purdue in GA. So there would be little incentive for Republicans to commit political suicide along with their cult leader.

Yeah, Collins, Murkowski and possibly Romney are reliable to not vote on overturning the Obamacare, but not sure about the others.

Also, very good to see Cornyn actually being in problems vs West. Imagine McConnell and Cornyn actually losing their seat, that would be fantastic.

Fergies Gum

It looks like McGrath has defeated Booker in the primary. Early voting screwed over Booker as his late surge came when a lot of voting had already taken place :mad:.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
It looks like McGrath has defeated Booker in the primary. Early voting screwed over Booker as his late surge came when a lot of voting had already taken place :mad:.
So gutted about that. Maybe if Booker was given as much airtime as McGrath was earlier on, the outcome may have been different. But MSM don't like Progressives.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

not a fan of maduro but agree with the rest - the choice of targets is interesting/telling, especially combined with his previous hawkish talk about venezuela

Fergies Gum

So gutted about that. Maybe if Booker was given as much airtime as McGrath was earlier on, the outcome may have been different. But MSM don't like Progressives.
McGrath raised over 40 million and Booker barely raised a few million, yet he only lost by a few points. The momentum came a bit too late for Booker and i have no doubt that if the primary was held a week or two later, he would have won.

It wont be the last we see of Booker and suspect he will run for Louisville mayor.

Fergies Gum

New York City have screwed up big time in the way they have handled their recent elections. The congressional primaries were on 23 June and we still don't know who has won in many of the races.

They will only start counting the absentee ballots next week.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
New York City have screwed up big time in the way they have handled their recent elections. The congressional primaries were on 23 June and we still don't know who has won in many of the races.

They will only start counting the absentee ballots next week.
If there is major mail in votes in November there could be a huge wait for results... suspect trump will just declare victory

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Warren is much better than Harris, but her senate seat would go to a Republican considering that MA has a GOP governor. It is paramount for the Democrats to win the Senate too and now that looks actually likely.

Which leaves Harris as the main VP choice.
Harris is a ghoul. She shouldn’t progress any further in Politics than she already has.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why is the Lincoln project putting out pro Trump ads ?

In what way this is a pro-Trump add?

To be fair, Lincoln Project are mostly just trolling him. They are showing their adds mostly on Washington DC where 90% of people are not gonna vote Trump anyway. They do this mostly to annoy him, not to really change the minds of people on deep red states.

Sweet Square

To be fair, Lincoln Project are mostly just trolling him. They are showing their adds mostly on Washington DC where 90% of people are not gonna vote Trump anyway. They do this mostly to annoy him, not to really change the minds of people on deep red states.
Oh I was just making a joke.

The Lincoln project seems very similar to a British liberal group called Led By Donkeys. But yeah agree with you that they aren't putting these ads out to win people over(More to all up the Democratic base for November).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
here are some explanations for the responses to my posts, both of which directly quoted biden's words:
1. people can't reconcile that the lesser of 2 evils means *actually supporting evil*. you make that calculation, on both sides you live with it. if biden's sanctions cause more starvation, that's on you, much more directly than trump's actions are on a non-voter. if he actually starts in invasion, then <redcacted>
2. the binary people have of good v evil for the 2 parties means instinctive lashing out at other viewpoints. whatever people may say about individual things, their internal belief is that the party is good in whatever small way.

as i've said before, i have made the calculation. i was hoping a fascist party ties up with centrists in my state, so that i could vote for a party that can win and beat the other fascist party. this party was responsible for the murder of ~500 muslims in riots in 1992. they are corrupt and tied with dirty real estate people. they are street thugs who can close down the city whenever they want. their founder quoted mussolini. i knew what i wanted. it was not going to help anybody. it would hurt people a little less than the other option.

if you make the lesser of 2 evils calculation, own it. all of it. you are voting for a guy who opposed racial integration, who worked with segregationists on those issues, who has supported every bloody venture of the US military in his career, who helped clarence thomas get on the court in one of the dirtiest hearings, who wrote the bill that facilitated mass imprisonment on race and class lines, who supported the cutting of welfare and increase in poverty, who wants mass warrantless surveillance of the whole world, who has ghouls like larry summers on his team. he should be in jail for almost every one of those things. it's not a coincidence that "hundreds of bush staffers" are supporting him with a PAC.

don't be a coward. own the evil part of what you're voting for as well.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

They are running them in swing states as well. Their goal is to overthrow Donald by engaging moderate conservatives, not just to annoy him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
don't be a coward. own the evil part of what you're voting for as well.
Firstly, using the term 'lesser of two evils' is just a turn of phrase, most people using it don't mean that both sides are evil, in the way you're using the word. Which is correct, no one should ever elect any leader that is genuinely evil.

If you genuinely believe that Joe Biden is an evil man, then I agree, you shouldn't vote for him. That's your right. Although I am curious - did you vote for Obama? Because...well obvious logical steps.

Personally I believe you're going to struggle to find a candidate who has worked in politics for 40 years that hasn't made decisions that hugely grate against your beliefs. Especially one that has worked in the senate, where it's often been controlled by the other party. And you're not helping when you say he should be in jail for supporting US military ventures - because virtually every US politician has supported most US military ventures. So jails would be even more full, but you're clearly correctly against mass incarceration, so that's not a great solution either.

From all that I've read and researched, I certainly don't believe that Joe Biden is an evil man. He's made many mistakes and he's supported things that have had terrible ramifications on both his country and the world. He's also done many good things in his time, and been part of great movements towards progressive ideals. He has different views now than he did 30 years ago - and there's nothing hypocritical about that.

Your ideal is revolution. From where I sit that won't happen. On January 20th 2021, the US will either have President Biden, or President Trump sworn in.

Blodssvik

Juan Guaido is a far right thug. Lobbying for foreign invasion of Venezuela, participation in violent Guarimbas where people have been burned alive and motorcyclists decapitated by wires across the highway. Lets not forget both Obama and the Trump administration participated in Brazils judicial coup to elect Bolsonaro and Biden brags about his role in Honduras increasingly authoritarian rule by Juan Orlando Hernandez.

It was Bernies duty to inform the public who Biden really is when there is no progressive mainstream media.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

not a fan of maduro but agree with the rest - the choice of targets is interesting/telling, especially combined with his previous hawkish talk about venezuela
Biden's galaxy brain: Bourgeois Trump is cut from the same cloth as revolutionary Marxists.

And yet, so many Americans will fall for this cold-war-esque bullshit.

Silva

And you're not helping when you say he should be in jail for supporting US military ventures - because virtually every US politician has supported most US military ventures. So jails would be even more full, but you're clearly correctly against mass incarceration, so that's not a great solution either.
it's actually good when everyone is doing bad things and i am very intelligent

Status
Not open for further replies.