2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinNombre

Then consider this:

77% of TOTAL registered PA voters of ALL races have not yet cast a ballot.
In Arizona, over 55% of total registered voters have not cast a ballot.
In Florida 45% of registered voters have not voted.
So isn't the point still true that the Dems are still very dependent on election day turnout in some of the key states?

How confident are you of a Biden in FL?

I don't think it will matter since Biden will hold PA and that should be enough, but curious what your confidence levels are on for FL.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Walk in voting locations are open in my area. I drove by two today and neither had any proud boys or lines, at that particular time anyway.

InfiniteBoredom

‘My vote counts for less if the libtards votes count’

The judges who aided and abetted this farce on an argument have to be disbarred.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Got a link for that?
It's pretty common knowledge and I think the fact Hillary won the popular vote by 2.87 million more votes shows the polls were well within the margin of error. It's also been well documented and discussed how Trump won a few states by ridiculously small margins that made all the difference in the Electoral college results.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

The crowd does look small. That would explain why he walked out. Typical after his bullshit Tweet about not letting them down. :lol:
Apparently the rally was supposed to be at this airport all along, Trump’s vag got sandy when the MN AG told the campaign that it could only have 250 attendees. The campaign then switched it to a small town in south MN, only to send a meek text back to the state saying they would do the rally at the airport & have 250 attendees after all. Not sure why the switch to the smaller town didn’t work.

There was no way he would only do a rally with 250 people, apparently some of his recent ones were getting upwards of 15K supporters. That’s fecking mental.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Apparently the rally was supposed to be at this airport all along, Trump’s vag got sandy when the MN AG told the campaign that it could only have 250 attendees. The campaign then switched it to a small town in south MN, only to send a meek text back to the state saying they would do the rally at the airport & have 250 attendees after all. Not sure why the switch to the smaller town didn’t work.

There was no way he would only do a rally with 250 people, apparently some of his recent ones were getting upwards of 15K supporters. That’s fecking mental.
Cant wait to not have to read about fkin crowd sizes every time and instead get some substance instead of more shithousery.

GiddyUp

Cmon :lol: Jacinda obviously!

It's the concept that anybody who disagrees with either of them will generally be castigated and sneered at as the village idiot because their way is the right way. Both sides are so esconced in their view that they completely intolerant to any other.

I find it emblematic of 2020 USA in many ways. Two sides so far apart that discourse is not only impossible, but unwanted. That criticism of their way of life is unfounded and ridiculous. You can't give an opinion about either Trump or AOC without their core supporters finding it "stupid" or "devoid of reality." And I feel that is really sad. Of course, much of it is Trumps fault, more of it is Bushes and McConnells fault, and some fault is simply systemic.

I further find it sad that I'm unable to give a personal opinion on somebody without people calling me all sorts of stuff, even on here which is likely pretty moderate and tame.

And this is a large part of the reason the GOP still has a shot in hell of winning elections. They need division. They need people on the left to ridicule all those Midwestern women who quietly detest AOC or others they feel their values don't allign with. Because if the democratic party could bring the damned country together, the GOP would be dead in the water. And somebody like Trump wouldn't be able to exploit it so efficiency.

So yes, I see similarities in their base. (Look at the replies after I said I dislike AOC. I was immediately accused of 'not liking her because she calls people out on their bullshit.') I do see a populist US representative often interested in point scoring. II also feel I'm pretty impartial on her.

I'm not sorry you disagree with me. I don't think your view is crazy. Having the conversation is important.
Fair enough man. I just can't see how she is a polarizing figure to be honest but each to their own.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is a good move (disappointing though if Walmart’s ultimate goal is to limit ‘unruly POCs’ from looting the stores & stealing the guns) . An even better move would be if they never returned those products back on their shelves.

Denis79

Authoritarian populist streak a mile long. The fact that she constantly labels those criticising her as sexist or racist, without considering facts. Then attempts to ridicule them in almost the exact same way as Trump to whip up public angst. She needs to temper herself and look in the mirror.
Isn't that American politics in a nutshell though?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Agree with this. She is an unintelligent opportunist, but obviously an unpopular opinion here. She is Trudeau-lite in that sense.

Jacinda Ardern is obviously an extremely intelligent and honest person.
Do people that comment here know anything about Ardern?

owlo

To me being favoured 71% to 29% is a major lead.

Are you really telling me the polls didn't feck up?
They predicted a 29%, and that 29% happened. How is that a feck up?

Think of it in football terms, we have around a 71% chance to beat Istanbul. If we don't beat them, it doesnt mean the "odds are fecked up"

InfiniteBoredom

To me being favoured 71% to 29% is a major lead.

Are you really telling me the polls didn't feck up?
The national polls were pretty good, it was off about 1.5 pts, within a standard polling error (3% either side), the state polls were off by a systemic underweighting of the non-college white votes, and also there were simply a dearth of polls in states that were most off like Wisconsin or Michigan, which made the likelihood of error much bigger. And even then, it was a very late break of independents (about 17 pts margin) that made the election what it was, had they split independents, Clinton would have won nationally about 5 or 6 and 300 ish EVs.

The lesson from 2016 isn’t ‘all polling are trash and not to be trusted’, most pollsters and analysts have modified their methodologies, Congressional polling in 2018 were pretty damn good. It was that we have to assign less importance to national poll and have better state level polling, which is reflected in the number this cycle, there are about 2.5 times the number of polls overall in swing states.

Status
Not open for further replies.