2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any car crash fans here?

Halftrack

I mean, they literally did both of those things, in a public hearing, under oath. But hey ho, please continue.
Of course they asked her that during the hearing, because it's important to get it on record. They, however, did not discredit and dismiss her long before that hearing, when she first spoke out, on the basis that she hadn't filed a police report or come out earlier, both of which they have done to Reade.

Or are you telling me that those two are equal, and there is nothing hypocritical about the Dem's handling of this?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Not just are you voting for Biden so that "nothing will fundamentally change", you are voting for the next generation of Bidens to fundamentally change nothing :lol:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

WPMUFC

Not just are you voting for Biden so that "nothing will fundamentally change", you are voting for the next generation of Bidens to fundamentally change nothing :lol:
Mayor pete went on cable news and said Medicare for all was "the moderates position" on healthcare. He walked into a wine cave and then came out talking like medicare for all was stalinism. Mayor Pete is the exact kind of "democrat" that should be kept away from the party. Stick to a policy, and own it. Don't change your mind on the back of how many sugar daddies want to help you out. Just don't flip flop. Either be for M4A or don't.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Trump and Biden are equally impossible to vote for. Pretty sure if COVID19 ran as an independent we could have the first virus POTUS.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
At least he's personally responded now. Where it goes from here, who knows. https://apnews.com/de6b2131cb75e1e61b5d35d15f9f957e
Friday's statement is the first detailed response from Biden to Reade's allegation.

"While the details of these allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault are complicated, two things are not complicated. One is that women deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, and when they step forward they should be heard, not silenced. The second is that their stories should be subject to appropriate inquiry and scrutiny," the former vice president and presumptive Democratic 2020 nominee said in the statement.

He continued, "Responsible news organizations should examine and evaluate the full and growing record of inconsistencies in her story, which has changed repeatedly in both small and big ways."

"But this much bears emphasizing," he said. "She has said she raised some of these issues with her supervisor and senior staffers from my office at the time. They -- both men and a woman -- have said, unequivocally, that she never came to them and complained or raised issues. News organizations that have talked with literally dozens of former staffers have not found one -- not one -- who corroborated her allegations in any way. Indeed, many of them spoke to the culture of an office that would not have tolerated harassment in any way -- as indeed I would not have
if they find any evidence or somebody credible to coroborate the story hes finished

If not then Im sure the evidence will be on hillaries acid washed server thats hidden in China with those deleted emails ... that hunter gave them when he went on airforce one and the Chinese took time out from developing CV-19 to bribe him with a billion dollars

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Biden has handled this quite well. Didn't call Reade a liar or attack her, instead called for an open investigation against any ethics charge filed against him during his entire career in the senate.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Biden has handled this quite well. Didn't call Reade a liar or attack her, instead called for an open investigation against any ethics charge filed against him during his entire career in the senate.
I agree. Of course if evidence now comes to light that contradicts him, he's done. He's not like Trump - the standard is and should be that if you lie about this you're disqualified. But at least it's not all shadow-y anymore.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I think they handled it quite well on Morning Joe aside from going over the Trump claims (that should have been 24/7 4 years ago). I thought Mika did particularly well. Tough for her to do because she does like Biden.

I think Biden did ok on addressing it aside from the UDel archives. That's going to be an issue. As Mika recommended, just get an independent commission look through it. That needs to be done now even if it is BS. If not it becomes the next pizzagate.

So over to Reade this weekend? Did I hear that right, that she's going on TV this weekend?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That's monumentally bad messaging.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I genuinely would love to have a honest discussion with someone like Justin Amash, or Jill Stein. Because they must see the numbers, understand the implications of their running and then - presumably - also be able to distance themselves from the consequences.

It is extremely likely that Amash running would help Trump in Michigan - a crucial swing state. Imagine the whole election coming down to that one state, and his running is what gives Trump 4 more years.

This is a man who has been rejected by his own party because of his opposition to Trump. But presumably because his ego is so big, he's willing to potentially give the man 4 more years because...erm...he really thinks he can win the Presidency?

Revan

Assumptionman
Bless your innocent soul.
Not necessarily. Parties change over the course of time. Lincoln was a Republican president, now you see Republican protestors with confederate flags. Obviously, I took a very extreme example, but parties change over time. I don't think it is ridiculous to suspect that GOP will go a bit towards the left in the next few years, if the American average voter goes a bit towards the left (which might happen, with oldies dying and young people in average being more leftish at least cultural wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.