2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
He may have but there is no invasion of any country. He has not got involved in things like previous Presidents have done so far. But he has done crazy and stupid things of course.
Iran was the closest to escalating since the attack on the embassy. The behavior with regards to Kurds was really bad. He also bombed Syria like Obama, though in his case there were Russian troops nearby.

Foxbatt

Iran was the closest to escalating since the attack on the embassy. The behavior with regards to Kurds was really bad. He also bombed Syria like Obama, though in his case there were Russian troops nearby.
He really didn't though. It was cruise missiles and it looks like no one was injured and probably the Russians were warned and it was mostly for show. If Obama under the prodding of Hilary had not got involved in Syria it would have been all over long time ago. Non of these thousands of refugees or thousands killed either. And no Isis in Syria either.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can someone in one of the simulations please select a Democrat candidate that isn't unelectable? I think the reason why Trump is always on his phone is because he's installed a World Editing cheat mode app on it.

sport2793

It's obvious that Bernie is not going to get the votes when someone and anyone and everyone in the democratic party hierarchy was against him.
I think this is what the dem party is hoping that because it's Trump that people may hold their noses but still vote for Biden.
The one thing I like about Trump is that he is not eager for a war or invasion. He is certainly very verbose but I feel Biden would be more dangerous for the world in that aspect.
You have been living under a rock if you truly believe this. I remember sitting in Dubai airport with my plane ready to travel over Iranian airspace when Trump took out Soleimani. That sort of situation would force you to get out of your white liberal bubble and enter the real world.

Foxbatt

You have been living under a rock if you truly believe this. I remember sitting in Dubai airport with my plane ready to travel over Iranian airspace when Trump took out Soleimani. That sort of situation would force you to get out of your white liberal bubble and enter the real world.
Couple of points. I said he has done some crazy and stupid stuff. The Suleimani issue is one. The other what do you mean by white liberal stuff? How do you know what colour my skin is?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
From the same AP story

The AP has also spoken to two additional people, who spoke on condition of anonymity to protect their families’ privacy, who said Reade had told them about aspects of her allegations against Biden years ago.

One friend, who knew Reade in 1993, said Reade told them about the alleged assault when it happened. The second friend met Reade more than a decade after the alleged incident and confirmed that Reade had a conversation with the friend in 2007 or 2008 about experiencing sexual harassment from Biden while working in his Senate office.
How strange.

The Firestarter

Very very anecdotal, but there's a chess streamer I watch who hates Trump and Fox, today he was saying basically he believes Biden raped someone. He's not for Bernie or even Warren. His wife was regretting not voting for Warren or Amy and he was saying he liked Booker in the small portion I watched.
There's no easy way of telling what most Dems feel but this single anecdote would be a bad sign.
Who is it? Gunjan?"Dirty chess tricks to win fast 71 - the Biden gambit".

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Biden always forced himself on women and girls.
Its about power.
What scorn he must have for himself to deny what he did to the woman.
And the Democratic party has approporiately shown itself to be the used toilet paper of the corporations.

Now Reade and her daughter have been threatened.

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
How strange, why now, I know Joe Biden, check this latest big no-development, but his political record for women.

All non-arguments in regards to the veracity of the allegations. The problem is discerning what of the lazy, poorly reasoned obfuscation is down to ignorance and what is malicious.

For all the recent hubbub and aspersions cast against Reade, I have yet to see a dent made against her allegations, or reason to question her character. They both stand as strong as ever.

That the gang of Dems, libs, Pelosi the ghoul and other Biden bros are so aggressively promoting such utter crap is a much greater reason to not vote for Biden than the allegations themselves. At this moment the allegations are seemingly impossible to prove either way. However the proof of Dems cuntery is on full display.

Tell me who you go with and I'll tell you who you are.

sport2793

From the same AP story

How strange.
How strange, why now, I know Joe Biden, check this latest big no-development, but his political record for women.

All non-arguments in regards to the veracity of the allegations. The problem is discerning what of the lazy, poorly reasoned obfuscation is down to ignorance and what is malicious.

For all the recent hubbub and aspersions cast against Reade, I have yet to see a dent made against her allegations, or reason to question her character. They both stand as strong as ever.

That the gang of Dems, libs, Pelosi the ghoul and other Biden bros are so aggressively promoting such utter crap is a much greater reason to not vote for Biden than the allegations themselves. At this moment the allegations are seemingly impossible to prove either way. However the proof of Dems cuntery is on full display.

Tell me who you go with and I'll tell you who you are.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I might be wrong, but I believe that the entire Western civilization has been going to the left (at least from social ideology, when it comes to economics it is a very different manner). Women rights and then getting high positions in politics and economy, LGBT rights, abortion, the fight against racism, all have been progressing on the left direction (obviously with some bumps here and there). With the changes in the population of the US, most of boomers who have been very conservative dying in the next few decades, the young people tend always to be more liberal, the people who come to the US too, the average voter is gonna be more left wing than right now.

Which would mean that both parties will go to the left of what they are now. At the end, the parties have to follow their own voters, otherwise they would lose voters.
I'd agree with this although the bit about younger voters being more liberal isn't manifesting itself in change since younger voters don't vote, whereas their older counterparts do.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
In this thread, the reporter tweets out the accusation that Joe Biden sexually harassed a 14 year old girl at a dinner in Delaware in 2008. In the third tweet, she reveals that Joe Biden did not even attend the event and appeared with a taped video message. It's just mind-blowing how bad these people are at this.

Of course some other journalists shared the verifiably false story without confirming it.

If Christine O'Donnell sounds familiar:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sure. Of course Trump is gonna do everything the left is against though. In fact, policy wise, Trump is gonna be worse for left wingers than for centrists.

Of course, we can pretend that if Biden does not win, it is all fine. But Biden not winning, means that Trump and GOP wins, a party that for the left is beyond redemption and comparable with the Nazis. Pretending that Biden not winning is not the same as Trump/GOP winning (or that somehow there is a third choice) is a Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy mental gymnastics.
I think most left wingers on the outer fringes of the Sanders movement don't see much of a difference between an establishment Dem and Trump. There are of course quite a few differences in terms of economics, trade, environmental policy and so on.

Foxbatt

I think most left wingers on the outer fringes of the Sanders movement don't see much of a difference between an establishment Dem and Trump. There are of course quite a few differences in terms of economics, trade, environmental policy and so on.
One is very polished and suave while Trump is Trump. Both are going to have a trade war with China and both will have sanctions on Russia while a dem may go back to Obama's deal with Iran but not sure. A dem may go back into Syria and pump more military equipments into Ukraine and make it more worse.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One is very polished and suave while Trump is Trump. Both are going to have a trade war with China and both will have sanctions on Russia while a dem may go back to Obama's deal with Iran but not sure. A dem may go back into Syria and pump more military equipments into Ukraine and make it more worse.
There would be almost no similarities between the two. Biden wants to renegotiate TPP, get back into the Paris Climate deal, re-enter the Iran nuke deal, strengthen NATO, and wouldn't have any incentive to get involved with Syria or Ukraine. Trump has been far more forward leaning in giving weapons to the Ukrainians, which Putin has begrudgingly allowed as a benign tradeoff in exchange for Trump not pushing Democracy or NATO towards Moscow.

Biden's policy would be unsurprisingly like Obama's, which would be a night and day departure from Trump's improvisational style based on transactions and grievances.

Last edited:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
There would be almost no similarities between the two. Biden wants renegotiate TTP, get back into the Paris Climate deal, re-enter the Iran nuke deal, strengthen NATO, and wouldn't have any incentive to get involved with Syria or Ukraine. Trump has been far more forward leaning in giving weapons to the Ukrainians, which Putin has begrudgingly allowed as a benign tradeoff in exchange for Trump not pushing Democracy or NATO towards Moscow.

Biden's policy would be unsurprisingly like Obama's, which would be a night and day departure from Trump's improvisational style based on transactions and grievances.
The TPP you mean.

That's another reason not to vote him. The TPP is only good for multinational corporations, not for the countries or their workers.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It has worked, people now saying Obama and Trump presidencies were comparable.

We've reached full nihilism. Newt is proud.

Foxbatt

There would be almost no similarities between the two. Biden wants to renegotiate TPP, get back into the Paris Climate deal, re-enter the Iran nuke deal, strengthen NATO, and wouldn't have any incentive to get involved with Syria or Ukraine. Trump has been far more forward leaning in giving weapons to the Ukrainians, which Putin has begrudgingly allowed as a benign tradeoff in exchange for Trump not pushing Democracy or NATO towards Moscow.

This is the problem. More innocent killings in Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. More NATO on russian borders. The Russians have no problems with democratic countries on their borders. Finland is a very good example. It's when they join NATO that's the problem. Now every nation has a right to join anything they want but let's not be hypocrites. What happened when Cuba installed nuclear weapons? The Russians have every right to feel safe just as Americans have the same right to feel safe.
By the way I want Trump removed and I feel what I wrote is in comparing to what you call a centrist Dem.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is the problem. More innocent killings in Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. More NATO on russian borders. The Russians have no problems with democratic countries on their borders. Finland is a very good example. It's when they join NATO that's the problem. Now every nation has a right to join anything they want but let's not be hypocrites. What happened when Cuba installed nuclear weapons? The Russians have every right to feel safe just as Americans have the same right to feel safe.
By the way I want Trump removed and I feel what I wrote is in comparing to what you call a centrist Dem.
NATO isn't the issue in those places since its the US that is driving policy there, which would happen in either case.

Putin doesn't want to be overthrown via a domestic pro-democracy movement, so its pretty obvious he doesn't want states like the US pushing for democratic reforms through NATO or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.