2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

Tara Reade has volunteered to not just take a Lie Detector Test but also say what she said Under Oath.
What happens if they both pass a lie detector test? It's crazy people still believe in the polygraph, there are ways to defeat it/muddy the results. It doesn't matter if Reade says what she says under oath because everyone knows there is no way to find out the real truth so she would never be in danger of suffering any consequences (same thing if Biden also testifies under oath).

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
What happens if they both pass a lie detector test? It's crazy people still believe in the polygraph, there are ways to defeat it/muddy the results. It doesn't matter if Reade says what she says under oath because everyone knows there is no way to find out the real truth so she would never be in danger of suffering any consequences (same thing if Biden also testifies under oath).
In a situation where only two people were involved, there is no definite way of getting to the truth unless there is forensic evidence. Therefore the way to determine who is speaking the truth, we need to look at other supporting evidence.
Past behaviour for one beside examining all documentry evidence and testimonies of people who were told about the incident in 1993 when it happened.
Looking at the veracity of the people coming forward.
The entire focus needs to be about trying to determine if there is credibility to the accusation.

This is not a criminal trial.

This is about vetting a candidate for the presidency of the United States.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It would be a pointless exercise either way. Unless there's something more substantial, Biden will be the nominee since the people who would have any say in the matter (ie the DNC hierarchy) are all overwhelmingly pro-Biden. And if by some astronomically small chance he were to be removed, his replacement would be very much like him in terms of policy.

Red Dreams

It would be a pointless exercise either way. Unless there's something more substantial, Biden will be the nominee since the people who would have any say in the matter (ie the DNC hierarchy) are all overwhelmingly pro-Biden. And if by some astronomically small chance he were to be removed, his replacement would be very much like him in terms of policy.
You have indicted the Democratic Party correctly.

sport2793

Agreed

Red Dreams

There's no indictment. This is simply how politics works. Gaining power is more important than making a moral point (whether legitimate or not).
You have completely missed my point.
Its about changing the direction this country has taken for decades. To either keep going down the abyss or climbing out of it.

A consentual relationship between two adults is one thing.
But this matter is far above 'morality'.
The bar is much higher because it affects the lives of millions not just in this country but the whole world.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You have completely missed my point.
Its about changing the direction this country has taken for decades. To either keep going down the abyss or climbing out of it.

A consentual relationship between two adults is one thing.
But this matter is far above 'morality'.
The bar is much higher because it affects the lives of millions not just in this country but the whole world.
Its all about power in the end. The only two groups who are pushing this at the moment are jilted Sanders supporters (masquerading as me too moralists) and Trump hacks seeking to reduce Biden's poll numbers. Unless something significantly more substantial than what we've seen so far comes out, nothing will change and Biden will win the nomination and probably have a good chance of winning the Presidency.

Red Dreams

Its all about power in the end. The only two groups who are pushing this at the moment are jilted Sanders supporters (masquerading as me too moralists) and Trump hacks seeking to reduce Biden's poll numbers. Unless something significantly more substantial than what we've seen so far comes out, nothing will change and Biden will win the nomination and probably have a good chance of winning the Presidency.
Raoul. That is a ridiculous post.
You are tarnishing every decent person who is concerned about a woman or child being abused.

We all understand it is about power.

The issue is far above morality.
Its about right and wrong.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Raoul. That is a ridiculous post.
You are tarnishing every decent person who is concerned about a woman or child being abused.

We all understand it is about power.

The issue is far above morality.
Its about right and wrong.
If you can't get Sanders, Chomsky, and AOC on board on this issue, then you probably don't have much meat on the bone.

caid

How the hell has America wound up with two candidates as desperate as Trump and Biden. Are the Democrats intentionally trying to throw the election? They've had so many opportunities to push Biden to one side and keep passing it up. They cant win with him can they? 700,000 Americans killed in a little over a month and Biden is only polling a couple percent ahead. I didn't think it was possible to find a candidate i hate as much as trump but i'd honestly have a hard time picking between them.

Red Dreams

If you can't get Sanders, Chomsky, and AOC on board on this issue, then you probably don't have much meat on the bone.
You are still missing the point.

You are only addressing this from a political point of view. I cannot predict what these people you mention will do. Nor does it matter.
The bar is very high for the office of the President of the United States.

How this nation reacts to something so basic, will determine where we go from here.

I know personally how I will vote. I cannot predict what is going to happen.
But if we are to learn from history, this is how great empires/states have fallen. Moral decay from within.

Its about doing the right thing.

EDIT: Having watched the entire interview I absolutely believe her. Not because I want to. But to not be moved by what the woman says is to be callous about reading about such abuse of women and children.
The reality is that what we read represents only a fraction of what is happening out there.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How the hell has America wound up with two candidates as desperate as Trump and Biden. Are the Democrats intentionally trying to throw the election? They've had so many opportunities to push Biden to one side and keep passing it up. They cant win with him can they? 700,000 Americans killed in a little over a month and Biden is only polling a couple percent ahead. I didn't think it was possible to find a candidate i hate as much as trump but i'd honestly have a hard time picking between them.
Trump will always poll in the low 40s so there wouldn't really be much room for an opponent to create a massive lead over him.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
But if we are to learn from history, this is how great empires/states have fallen. Moral decay from within..
It’s inevitable for the US in my opinion. It’s just a matter of when and what kinds of power structures arise from that.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
It's pretty damning evidence of how crap the primary system is.

SharpshooterTom

With all due respect though this goes on across the entire political spectrum.

Centrists in the establishment have been using identity politics to smear others who they dislike for years. The difference in the way the media reacted to Kavanaugh and Biden's allegations were very different, if Sanders whilst he was leading in the polls had this exact same allegation they almost certainly would be all over this with presumption of guilt calling for him to drop out.

The establishment and the corporate media in the UK also used anti-semitism as a stick to beat Corbyn with, not because they actually cared about anti-semitism or actual justice because they never once gave anything like the same level of scrutiny to racism or islamophobia in the Tory party.

entropy

just a regular Friday night for you mate?

Halftrack

Yeah... He's being pretty horrible to those insurance companies wanting lawyers to be available to ensure they are acting legally
Instead of addressing the actual issue (medical bankruptcies), he (on behalf of the lawyers that sponsor him) is pushing for legislation that'll allow lawyers to better profit off the misfortune of others.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Instead of addressing the actual issue (medical bankruptcies), he (on behalf of the lawyers that sponsor him) is pushing for legislation that'll allow lawyers to better profit off the misfortune of others.
Perhaps he's being realistic in that even if the Dems win it's going to be years of fighting and legislation to stop medical bankruptcy... Yet people will be facing bankruptcy in the coming weeks... Would they be better doing that with or without legal representation?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

I can imagine trump if he looses in november

Voter fraud on a massive scale... I would have won California but for the Dems colluding with the Chinese to release the virus for an excuse to giving Mexican illegals mail in votes

Take your guns and stop them from stealing our election victory

USA USA USA

Shoot the liberals and heil emperor trump

Drifter

American
‘Republicans for Biden’ movement organizing to take down Donald Trump: ‘It’s going to take off’

The 2020 presidential campaigns may not be holding rallies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are moves being made behind the scenes that could have a major impact on the race.

One dynamic that has already clearly rattled President Donald Trump is “Never Trump” Republicans attacking him from the right.

This week, Trump repeatedly lashed out at the activists behind The Lincoln Project, who are long-time GOP operatives whose “Mourning in America” ad spread virally online.

Now, according to a new report in The Daily Beast, there are efforts underway to organize a more formal “Republicans for Biden” effort.

“Interviews with several of the most prominent NeverTrump Republicans reveal that for now, the nascent effort is loosely defined and could ultimately take a variety of forms. But preliminary talks about messaging, engagement, leadership, and roll out are starting to be broadly sketched out,” The Beast reported, citing “sources directly familiar with the matter.”

One former top GOP official summarized the situation.

“I’ve had several conversations with people who have approached me. It’s going to take off, it’s going to happen,” the former official told The Beast. “The question is to what degree and form it does.”

The Beast also reported on who may be involved.

“Among the GOP’s more ardent anti-Trump faction, several names came up in conversation when asked who could theoretically have a role in an outside political entity, which would not be allowed under campaign finance laws to coordinate with the campaign directly. Those names include former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Wisconsin-based political analyst Charlie Sykes, conservative media giant Bill Kristol, former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, longtime campaign operative Steve Schmidt, former Rep. David Jolly (R-FL), and columnist Mona Charen, among others,” The Beast reported.

This is what i feared. If Biden gets in with the help of Republicans, they will want payback .

nimic

something nice
Scout

I can imagine trump if he looses in november

Voter fraud on a massive scale... I would have won California but for the Dems colluding with the Chinese to release the virus for an excuse to giving Mexican illegals mail in votes

Take your guns and stop them from stealing our election victory

USA USA USA

Shoot the liberals and heil emperor trump
The scary part is that only some of this post is an exaggeration.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
As corroboration of her account, Ford provided the Post with the polygraph results as well as session notes from her couples therapist written in 2012.[8]

The therapist's notes do not name Kavanaugh but record Ford's claim of being attacked by students "from an elitist boys' school" who went on to become "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington".
One thing that is immediately obvious is that there is as much/much more corroboration for Read's allegation than Ford's.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think they are ahead in ca25...
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/house/california/25/
Your right about the purpose but they have a shot of winning this
Of course no chance in November but as I say I can see him refusing to accept it
Winning one seat wouldn't mean much, especially since that area is traditionally a Republican lean (by California liberal Republican standards). He just wants to create the perception of a win that he can sell to his followers under the "We are already winning and can do the same in November" banner.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Winning one seat wouldn't mean much, especially since that area is traditionally a Republican lean (by California liberal Republican standards). He just wants to create the perception of a win that he can sell to his followers under the "We are already winning and can do the same in November" banner.
Personally I think he's a bitore Machiavellian than that and the ca25 election gives him the perfect opportunity to roll out new levels of voter suppression under the guise of election security
Guess we will see in the coming weeks

nimic

something nice
Scout
Personally I think he's a bitore Machiavellian than that and the ca25 election gives him the perfect opportunity to roll out new levels of voter suppression under the guise of election security
Guess we will see in the coming weeks
Surely Trump can't do any kind of voter suppression in California? I thought the states were pretty damn independent when it came to that sort of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.