2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Sanders got screwed. This as denied him the airtime for a Victory speech ,and with the State Of The Union coming up today could get buried .

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

It's going to be either Bernie or Pete, Biden is in trouble.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Delaying it as much as possible to soften the bounce probably. Bastards. Probably also have to shift their weight behind buttjudger now too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Whatchoo talking about willis

When you put the numbers through the DNC tool to figure out how many delegates they get each:

Total voters: 310

Bernie 236
Pete: 74

So:

Bernie 2+3+6 = 11
Pete 7+4 = 11

Total delegates = 4

Bernie: (4(11/22 )) = 2
Pete: (4(11/22)) = 2

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Santorum looks like a science teacher but he doesn't believe in it, does he?
:lol:

He's probably the most ridiculed presidential candidate in US history. He has no sense of shame
It still never fails to make me laugh that the first thing you get when you google Sanrorum is ....

Santorum 1. The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex. 2. Senator Rick Santorum.
That joke's been going since 2003 and has never gotten old

diarm

When you put the numbers through the DNC tool to figure out how many delegates they get each:

Total voters: 310

Bernie 236
Pete: 74

So:

Bernie 2+3+6 = 11
Pete 7+4 = 11

Total delegates = 4

Bernie: (4(11/22 )) = 2
Pete: (4(11/22)) = 2
I may need to steal this! :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

It's going to be either Bernie or Pete, Biden is in trouble.
That's a great result for Pete if true. Think Bernie needs a 30-35% win to carry on his momentum. This kind of showing for Pete could see all the centrist support for Biden and Klobuchar support consolidating around him.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I heard on TYT earlier that Buttigieg invested or has some sort of stake in the caucus app. Supposedly reported by HuffPost but I haven’t found anything. Anyone else heard this?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Who is Buttigieg? I’ve seen him regularly mentioned during the campaign but thought it seemed obvious he was a candidate who would drop off early, and never really looked him up. What do I need to know?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That's a great result for Pete if true. Think Bernie needs a 30-35% win to carry on his momentum. This kind of showing for Pete could see all the centrist support for Biden and Klobuchar support consolidating around him.
he gets literally zero african-american support, his poll numbers outside iowa are near single digits, his nationwide polls have been dipping for weeks, and bloomberg is waiting for biden to stall to pick those guys up.
it's not easy but he's a much better opponent than biden or warren.

iowa is his strongest state.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
he gets literally zero african-american support, his poll numbers outside iowa are near single digits, his nationwide polls have been dipping for weeks, and bloomberg is waiting for biden to stall to pick those guys up.
it's not easy but he's a much better opponent than biden or warren.

iowa is his strongest state.
Hmm. I guess he could be like Rubio from 2016 who got a boost in IOWA but could not carry on after that.

InfiniteBoredom

Silver lining of the night.

Also multiple reporters and election analysts who were present on-site have said that there are paper trails for every votes, so people can calm it with the rigging talks. Gross incompetence? Yes. Sabotaging the victory impact for Sanders? Possibly, likely. But actually messing with the result? No.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
How could they feck things up this badly? First the gold standard poll gets yanked, then this nonsense. How hard can it actually be to count some people and then add up some numbers?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
This whole process looks like a joke from the outside. Poorly organised and coin flips of all things being used in a democratic process :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely horrible night for Biden.

Siorac

This whole process looks like a joke from the outside. Poorly organised and coin flips of all things being used in a democratic process :lol:
I think it's a classic case of 'we're doing it this way because we always do it this way'.

Siorac

Yes, like the General Election always held on Tuesday thing.
You know, when I first started following international politics, one of the biggest shocks was finding out that some countries hold elections on weekdays. To me, election day being on a Sunday is as natural as breathing air. I could not conceive of a reason why you'd do it any other way. I still can't, if I'm being honest.

freeurmind

weak willed
You know, when I first started following international politics, one of the biggest shocks was finding out that some countries hold elections on weekdays. To me, election day being on a Sunday is as natural as breathing air. I could not conceive of a reason why you'd do it any other way. I still can't, if I'm being honest.
We hold elections on weekdays but it automatically becomes a public holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.