2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just listened to CNN's The Lead segment on Mrs Aiden's comment. Desperation.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Fair enough, but that doesn't constitute proof that it happened. I'd like to see some corroborating sources.
In February, California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered new DNA testing in the 1983 murder case of Kevin Cooper. Cooper came within hours of execution in 2004 after being charged with the murders of an adult couple and two children. Harris opposed the testing when she was the state’s attorney general.

She has since said she supports DNA testing and encouraged Newsom to approve Cooper’s request. She did not offer specifics on why she did not approve the testing during her tenure.

The testing is not yet complete. Whether Gabbard’s claim that the testing “would” have exonerated him remains an open question.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article233375207.html

WPMUFC

Joe Biden's Wife Admits His Policies SUCK

Can anyone here explain to me why completely copying hillary clinton is the go to move for these idiots like Biden?

Donald Trump was the worst candidate the GOP have put up in a generation....or two, and the democrats LOST!!!!!

How deluded do you have to be to think, you know what people want in 2020, Hillary 2.0

:houllier::houllier:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can anyone here explain to me why completely copying hillary clinton is the go to move for these idiots like Biden?

Donald Trump was the worst candidate the GOP have put up in a generation....or two, and the democrats LOST!!!!!

How deluded do you have to be to think, you know what people want in 2020, Hillary 2.0

:houllier::houllier:
Trump vanquished every major Republican candidate and made the party his own. He’s been pretty successful at doing what Republicans care about (tax breaks, judges etc) so they may argue that he’s been one of the better ones in that regard.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Trump vanquished every major Republican candidate and made the party his own. He’s been pretty successful at doing what Republicans care about (tax breaks, judges etc) so they may argue that he’s been one of the better ones in that regard.
His question was about nominating a diluted Hillary which will enable more tax breaks and judges for the Trump party.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
His question was about nominating a diluted Hillary which will enable more tax breaks and judges for the Trump party.
The answer may lie in the fact that there are significantly more independents than either Dems or Republicans, and the Dem political apparatus rightly believes there’s more to be gained by going after them than pursuing a strictly base driven electorate.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The answer may lie in the fact that there are significantly more independents than either Dems or Republicans, and the Dem political apparatus rightly believes there’s more to be gained by going after them than pursuing a strictly base driven electorate.
Why is there never a chance for an independent to become president in that case? Will most independents still vote R or D in that case? Or is this a dumb question and can independents only run on shitty Netflix shows :)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why is there never a chance for an independent to become president in that case? Will most independents still vote R or D in that case? Or is this a dumb question and can independents only run on shitty Netflix shows :)
Because there’s no political apparatus or power structure among independents. They are just a disparate set of individuals who tend to vote for whoever they like irrespective of party affiliation. And since there are more of them than either of the two parties, both sides are in their own unique ways incentivized to get their votes, which in turn makes it very difficulty for the other side to reach 270.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Can anybody recomend me a good neutral and or right leaning podcast about american politics?

Im really enjoying pod save america but its clearly only one side of the debate

I enjoy brexitcast remainians and choppers brexit podcast - which gives a nice range of views on that issue and i like that balance

Any recommendations??? (or equally any others as well as pod save i should give a listen to from the dem side?)

Red Dreams

What?

A Biden nomination goes after the generic Dem voter. These people vote along party lines. So it is teh opposite of what you said.

The Independent voter does not want a Trump or Biden.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Because there’s no political apparatus or power structure among independents. They are just a disparate set of individuals who tend to vote for whoever they like irrespective of party affiliation. And since there are more of them than either of the two parties, both sides are in their own unique ways incentivized to get their votes, which in turn makes it very difficulty for the other side to reach 270.
Ah, that sounds logical.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Can anybody recomend me a good neutral and or right leaning podcast about american politics?

I enjoy brexitcast remainians and choppers brexit podcast - which gives a nice range of views on that issue and i like that balance

Any recommendations??? (or equally any others as well as pod save i should give a listen to from the dem side?)
Are you wanting something not obsessively pro Trump but openly right leaning? Isn't that basically Ben Shapiro?

I don't fancy your chances on this one. You and about seven other people are probably the entire market for 'centrist' Republican leaning media at present.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Rush Limbaugh?

nimic

something nice
Scout

Try Chapo Trap House, they dislike Pod Save America more than you do.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Try Chapo Trap House, they dislike Pod Save America more than you do.
I like pod save?

Really enjoyed the interviews with the candidates as being in the UK it's unusual we get to hear more than soundbutes from each one...
Are you wanting something not obsessively pro Trump but openly right leaning? Isn't that basically Ben Shapiro?

I don't fancy your chances on this one. You and about seven other people are probably the entire market for 'centrist' Republican leaning media at present.
just something a little more balanced - though perhaps politics is so divergent in the states at the moment that there isnt much in the way of more indepenedent analysis?
but yeah id prefer not to listen to a pro trump gun nut and more somebody with political experience

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
They apparently wrongly believe that independent = corporate centrist appeal though. If that maxim held true, Hilary would have won.

I keep going back to my friend's formalization. The Globalization's Losers are not voting for the establishment Bush-Clinton-Biden centrists. Those are the crossover Bernie-Trump voters, those are the ones that stayed home in 2016 when Hilary was nominated in the Midwest.

Without a candidate that appeals to Globalization's Loser segment of independents the Dems cannot win the midwest in a General Election. That's where nominating a corporate centrist is epically foolist as Michael Moore and George Lakoff (two experts in their fields) have been talking about for 10years in different ways.

Biden's appeal to oil pipeline unions isn't going to drive turnout there.

Red Dreams

They apparently wrongly believe that independent = corporate centrist appeal though. If that maxim held true, Hilary would have won.

I keep going back to my friend's formalization. The Globalization's Losers are not voting for the establishment Bush-Clinton-Biden centrists. Those are the crossover Bernie-Trump voters, those are the ones that stayed home in 2016 when Hilary was nominated in the Midwest.

Without a candidate that appeals to Globalization's Loser segment of independents the Dems cannot win the midwest in a General Election. That's where nominating a corporate centrist is epically foolist as Michael Moore and George Lakoff (two experts in their fields) have been talking about for 10years in different ways.

Biden's appeal to oil pipeline unions isn't going to drive turnout there.
Indeed mate.

I don't know how many different ways I can say this.
Those rabid Trump voters who have been brainwashed that their jobs are being taken over by those poor people coming across the border Used to be a big part of the Democratic base.
They and Black voters were solid votes for the party.
The party have lost the earlier segment and the later segment does not bother to show up because their lives have not got better.

Watch the blame game begin when Biden falls flat on his face.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

They may or may not have a podcast, but I'd recommend reading The Economist.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Trump got into office making out he'd be something different only to then bomb Syria and put the whole world at risk. Madness. I'd vote for Gabbard - she looks the most authentic and interesting US presidential candidate I've seen, to be honest.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What a mess

Warren beats Biden who beats Bernie who beats Harris who beats Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.