2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Polls have been absurd, even though it is too early to put much value on them. The only trend they are showing though, is that many voters seem to be loyal to Biden, despite the crazy shit he has been saying.

InfiniteBoredom

This is probably one of the consequences of 2016. Despite the then polls’ relative accuracy, people became ingrained with the ‘polls do not matter’ mindset, therefore affecting both the response rate and respondents.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A 3rd one, not like the first two

@oneniltothearsenal
literally makes more sense to go with gut feeling. this is beyond stupid.
A more plausible explanation is it’s simply still early in the process and people aren’t fully tuned into the candidates yet ( which has historically happened after Labor Day). We’re still 5 months off before the first votes are cast which is an eternity in the primary world.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
How pray tell, would his name have been removed?
The WFP is trying to persuade Crowley to remove himself from the ballot by asking him to change his residency to Virginia where he keeps a home and sends his children to school, especially since Crowley has been a vocal supporter of Ocasio-Cortez, as he publicly promised prior to his stunning upset.

“[Crowley] stated on live TV that he would absolutely support my candidacy,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a Twitter post on July 12. “Instead, he’s stood me up for all 3 scheduled concession calls. Now, he’s mounting a 3rd party challenge against me and the Democratic Party- and against the will of [the WFP].”

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The WFP is trying to persuade Crowley to remove himself from the ballot by asking him to change his residency to Virginia where he keeps a home and sends his children to school, especially since Crowley has been a vocal supporter of Ocasio-Cortez, as he publicly promised prior to his stunning upset.

“[Crowley] stated on live TV that he would absolutely support my candidacy,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a Twitter post on July 12. “Instead, he’s stood me up for all 3 scheduled concession calls. Now, he’s mounting a 3rd party challenge against me and the Democratic Party- and against the will of [the WFP].”
Crowley seems like an absolute sleazebag tbh. A relic of the same era when Trump made a name for himself in NYC.

Red Dreams

Crowley seems like an absolute sleazebag tbh. A relic of the same era when Trump made a name for himself in NYC.
We have a lot of them in the Democratic party.
Its clear all this time no concrete action has been taken by the leadership to resolve this because they clearly see AOC as a threat to the establishment.

The DNC is really setting themselves up for a defeat in not just the Presidential but down ticket.

This thing can blow up if not resolved quickly.

Last edited:

roseguy64

I would think that is what this fuss is all about.

Unless the report you linked is old.
It is. The original comment was regarding the WFP endorsing Warren over Bernie. Another comment was made about them endorsing Crowley instead of AOC in 2018. I posted the links to show that they did endorse him but that was most likely because he was a longtime incumbent and she was a nobody.Then she started making waves and got the nomination then they tried to get him off their ballot.

Making the AOC-Crowley matter comparable to Warren-Bernie is disingenuous. Least because AOC then had no traction when the Crowley endorsement was done. Nowhere close to the recognition of Warren, Crowley and Sanders.

Red Dreams

It is. The original comment was regarding the WFP endorsing Warren over Bernie. Another comment was made about them endorsing Crowley instead of AOC in 2018. I posted the links to show that they did endorse him but that was most likely because he was a longtime incumbent and she was a nobody.Then she started making waves and got the nomination then they tried to get him off their ballot.

Making the AOC-Crowley matter comparable to Warren-Bernie is disingenuous. Least because AOC then had no traction when the Crowley endorsement was done. Nowhere close to the recognition of Warren, Crowley and Sanders.
fair enough.

The similarity though is that Warren is proving to be a corporate person as Crowley is.

I want to give Warren a chance in the hope she proves me wrong.

Bernie still has a good chance to be the nominee though.

Drifter

American
Cory Booker planning to suspend his campaign if his fundraising does not improve: report

On Saturday, NBC News
reported that Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) has released a campaign memo indicating he will exit the Democratic presidential primary if he is unable to raise millions of dollars within days.

“Without a fundraising surge to close out this quarter, we do not see a legitimate long-term path forward,” wrote campaign manager Addisu Demissie in the memo to staff ersand supporters. “The next 10 days will determine whether Cory Booker can stay in this race.”

The memo added that it is likely that only four candidates presently have enough money to stay in the race for the long haul. These candidates are likely former Vice President Joe Biden, Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT), and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who report the largest fundraising hauls.

InfiniteBoredom

Ann Selzer’s poll as well. Of course with the amount of feckery going around this time you can’t be absolutely sure, but hers is about as good as it gets in Iowa.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
With any luck he will bow out before the next debate so we don't have to deal with any desperate zingers. Same with Castro.
You could really say this about everyone that is not the consensus Top Three at this stage.

WPMUFC

If biden wins and goes around in the GE chastising the youth for having it so good, as is his MO, i can see the democrats whinging about third party votes again when trump wins.

As i've said before, biden's argument around electablity is so shaky, if he can't win a primary in the first few states before Super Tuesday, i serious hope he sinks like a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.