2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Ironic that Biden says that but then says we can’t do medicare for all or aggressive climate change policies.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
CNN panel with Warren trying to get her to say that middle class taxes will rise. They’re rooting for the rich whose taxes should go up to pay for mc4a.
Here she is with more examples...
She’s not going to give them their sound bite, at least not yet.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
CNN panel with Warren trying to get her to say that middle class taxes will rise. They’re rooting for the rich whose taxes should go up to pay for mc4a.
Here she is with more examples...
She’s not going to give them their sound bite, at least not yet.
One of the presenters gave her the way out by saying the actual cost will go down as Bernie said by raising taxes but eliminating the various insurance costs.
But she keeps saying she wont raise costs on working families.

Then don't say you are for Medicare For All.

InfiniteBoredom

A way to frame M4A without middle class tax increase would be that since M4A replaces employers-based plans, that creates a huge windfall for them, so the costs would instead be from tax increase on the wealthy and employers.

Of course, that cost, like VAT, eventually get passed down onto the employees, but who cares about finer details.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Medicare For All is simply a payroll tax. But this tax will be more than offset by savings in Medical costs in all its forms. Premiums/Deductibles.
Further the savings employers make by not having to offer health plans can be passed on to the employees...we hope.

In any case the cost of running businesses will go down because they will not have to offer health insurance.

sport2793

CNN talking heads saying Mayor Pete won tonight? Did I miss something?
Thought he was articulate and forceful with his responses. As a moderate candidate relative to Bernie and Warren (although I doubt her progressive credentials at times), he won't get much love on here though.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
A way to frame M4A without middle class tax increase would be that since M4A replaces employers-based plans, that creates a huge windfall for them, so the costs would instead be from tax increase on the wealthy and employers.

Of course, that cost, like VAT, eventually get passed down onto the employees, but who cares about finer details.
i think being very clear about it should do it - that total expenditure on health for almost everyone, even for small businesses is going down substantially; this involves a tax hike and an end to all premiums and co-pays. i didnt watch but im guessing warren danced around it again for the nth time?

Charlie Foley

watched knock down the house tonight then came online to see aoc endorsing Bernie. America does not deserve this angel. Best thing to come out of New York since the train to philly

InfiniteBoredom

i think being very clear about it should do it - that total expenditure on health for almost everyone, even for small businesses is going down substantially; this involves a tax hike and an end to all premiums and co-pays. i didnt watch but im guessing warren danced around it again for the nth time?
I didn’t watch it either, but this framing around tax increase is tiresome, so just spitballing an idea.

Obama actually did a similar thing but in reverse in 09. Gave tax credits surreptitiously so people would go out and spend it instead of saving. Good economics, terrible politics.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
i was definitely wrong about aoc but if you look at it in another way then i was actually right
:lol:

AOC has consistently rejected identity politics so good on her for resisting the temptation of endorsing Warren. She will get some backlash for liberal women who are a big part of her fan base.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Watching part of the debate now. WTF is wrong with you, America? Universal healthcare is not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.