2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Foley

i was talking to some mechanics at the shop today while waiting for my truck to get fixed and they, to a man, said that they previously supported trump but once they saw emmanuel macaroon laughing at him they couldnt wait to vote for a democrat
:lol:

LARulz

Anyone seen that clip of Biden? Honestly, it's quite pathetic and did feel very Trump-esque from him

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
People who want to ban fracking immediately, says Joe Biden, ‘oughta vote for someone else’

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/pe...-says-joe-biden-oughta-vote-for-someone-else/

Bold new ideas. People will be asking if he get's the nomination ,what is the difference between him and a moderate Republican.
Thats perhaps a valid question - but an equally valid question would be is a moderate candidate who is likely to win against Trump a better choice than a more progressive candidate with less chance ... because one things for sure whoever wins the nomination will not be running against a moderate republican

To be honest the answer to that is subjective and its equally valid that people would have a different opinion on it - which is the whole point of the primaries - to see who the most people want to take into the election

InfiniteBoredom

This isn’t even new though, he’s been saying the same thing to anyone criticizing his record lately (go vote for Sanders/Warren)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
i was talking to some mechanics at the shop today while waiting for my truck to get fixed and they, to a man, said that they previously supported trump but once they saw emmanuel macaroon laughing at him they couldnt wait to vote for a democrat
Brilliant.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This pretty much sums up the conditions that led to the rise of both Trump and Sanders

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I see Kamala is now favourite with the bookmakers for a vp slot?

Slightly surprised by that
Would Biden take her after the first debate attack
Would Warren want 2 women on the ticket
I would have thought too much ideological gap between her and Sanders
Perhaps mayor Pete's running mate but that's about the only one I can see?
I do expect a gender balanced ticket though (and a tick in the diversity box) ... stacey abraham would seem to be a better option in many ways
And as for Warren perhaps booker or castro for that race and gender balance

Or is kamala a serious vp contender (I could see her pushing Biden down the stairs to get the top job if the opportunity arose)

Fergies Gum

Climb down from Buttigieg after getting a lot of flack on this issue recently.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tulsi has said she’s not going to the next debate whether or not she qualifies. No idea why
Probably intending to go on Fox and Friends instead and moan about the fact she was never invited.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Tulsi has said she’s not going to the next debate whether or not she qualifies. No idea why
Doubt she will hit the polling criteria

Isn't she polling around 1-2% but needs to be over 4% nationally or 6% in Iowa polls

Basically she's not gonna be invited to the party and is briefing that she does not want to go to the party

Can't see her as a VP pick for any of the front runners so I think she's chasing a good result in new Hampshire to stay in the race

Fully expect her to drop out in the new year if she does not see a big poling bump in new hampshire

Suedesi

First POC and Asian to qualify at the same time though.
I just find the PC term 'Person of Color' very fecking weird though. Just as we try to move away from discriminating from skin color, yet we persist in painting people in colors.

What's wrong with the first Asian American

Charlie Foley

I just find the PC term 'Person of Color' very fecking weird though. Just as we try to move away from discriminating from skin color, yet we persist in painting people in colors.

I’ve always felt a bit weird about lumping a group of people into basically the “not white” category

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I’ve always felt a bit weird about lumping a group of people into basically the “not white” category
It’s because white has been the majority and dominant demographic for a long time. Any form of minority representation will be a big deal until it’s so normal, that it’s not worth mentioning anymore.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

POC is a much wider demographic so it looks like more of an achievement than just being the first Asian. I don’t mind the labeling that much because our looks and skin color are noticeable traits that no one will ever ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.