2021 American Civil War

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
His supporters still think he actually cares about them? So blinded in their fanaticism they can't even see that the man they idolize is a sociopath who cares for no one but himself. You can all hang as far as he cares

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
You don’t need to be convicted to be pardoned. You only have to have committed a federal crime.
I don't know how the process works so I don't doubt you at all, but this seems bizarre. They've been charged, but how can anyone say they committed the crime until the legal process has been completed (even though we know they were there because of the pictures)?

I assume you're saying a pardon would mean the charges would be dropped?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't know how the process works so I don't doubt you at all, but this seems bizarre. They've been charged, but how can anyone say they committed the crime until the legal process has been completed (even though we know they were there because of the pictures)?

Presidential Pardons are ludicrously broad. You don't even need to be charged with a crime to be pardoned. That's why there's a decent chance Trump pardons himself before the inauguration, as well as his kids and others.

Mike Smalling

Oh it’s definitely bizarre, I agree. Not sure exactly how it works either, but I looked up the Presidential pardoning powers, when there were talks of Trump pardoning himself. The condition was that the offence has to be known to the law. Legal proceedings do not need to have started.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
why take 500 rounds for a handgun surely you’d be put down after you’ve emptied the first clip?
Chuck SteakMan is a red blooded, purebred patriot who loves America. The Freedom that courses through his veins would be too much for highly trained firearm operators. Those commie fecks only have years of experience to help them, but Chuck has the Red, White and Blue to back him up. He's an One Man Army. He's unstoppable. You can't kill-

Target down. Let's all go grab some lunch.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Chuck SteakMan is a red blooded, purebred patriot who loves America. The Freedom that courses through his veins would be too much for highly trained firearm operators. Those commie fecks only have years of experience to help them, but Chuck has the Red, White and Blue to back him up. He's an One Man Army. He's unstoppable. You can't kill-

:lol:

Anustart89

:lol:

sport2793

Presidential Pardons are ludicrously broad. You don't even need to be charged with a crime to be pardoned. That's why there's a decent chance Trump pardons himself before the inauguration, as well as his kids and others.
Except the self-pardon will likely be deemed unconstitutional even by the current Supreme Court (can't be judge on your own case, going back to English common law). I actually hope Trump self-pardons as that actually increases the chance he goes to federal prison. His lawyers have been pleading with him not to do it and to let Pence pardon him.

Dante

Average bang
What's the general view of this riot from Fox and other right wing media outlets in the US?

Every bit of American news I watch is either calling it sedition or an insurrection. But given that half of Republicans supported the incident, they must obviously framing it in kinder terms.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What's the general view of this riot from Fox and other right wing news outlets in the US?

Every bit of American news I watch is either calling it sedition or an insurrection. But given that half of Republicans supported the incident, they must obviously framing it in kinder terms.
Antifa and/or whataboutism

Dante

Average bang
Antifa and/or whataboutism
I get the of part of it where violence is being blamed on Antifa. But beyond that aspect, there's seemingly wider support of the principles behind this """protest""" (triple quote-unquotes for emphasis). How is that being framed? Or is the right now ignoring as a third rail?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Powerful words from Ben Sasse. My favorite line (and remember, this is a US Senator talking about a House member of his own party):

“The newly elected Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.”

Now let’s see if he backs up his words with actions.