2021 American Civil War

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The beauty of Lindsey Graham's political career is you read that tweet and you're not sure which side is hounding him.
It's quite an accomplishment if you think about it. Everyone from QAnon to Social Democrats can all agree on one thing: feck Lindsey Graham.

ChaddyP

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I get a feeling that Cruz is trying to take up the political space of Trump. He’s more intelligent than Trump and has seen his playbook work to a great extent.

If he can stoke enough fear and division, I can see him raising billions and leading the Republican (or what party they become) ticket in 24 and win the thing.
But Charisma

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I am not sure about Newsome. His stupid French Laundry thing led to anactual recall vote. The CA vaccine rollout (not entirely his fault) is not helping. I am just not sure he survives this (not the recall that will fail) unscathed enough to be viable at the national level.
He won't run if Kamala does imo.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Impeachment or invoking the 25th is a terrible idea. Just when all these loons have started to fracture and destroy each other it would only unite them against the libs and give them something else to blame other than themselves.

Trump needs to be cucked for the next two weeks and made to endure the humiliation of the inauguration and leaving the WH.
Very smart analysis Grinner

Mike Smalling

Arrests starting. Keep them coming. Hopefully these assholes get some serious jailtime.

mu4c_20le

He looks like the kind of specimen who would not only feel right at home in prison, but enjoy it there, because he gets to brag to everyone about what he did. His life must be pretty damn pathetic that it'd literally be an upgrade.

Conor

Don't you get a lot of time for crossing state lines to incite something like this? Or did that average movie with Sasha Baron Cohen teach me nothing?

fanutd

The cops couldn't do anything at the capitol. And then there is this:

Berlinda Nibo, a 25-year-old downtown L.A. resident, told The Root that she was walking through her neighborhood on Wednesday with friends like she does every day when they came upon a mass of Trump-flag bearing people rallying and shouting “Stop the Steal.”

Nibo took out her phone to capture the spectacle for Instagram Live, and that’s when she said one of the many white men there fixated on her.

At that point, “I noticed that I was the only Black person there, so I was like maybe I should just move away,” Nibo said. “My friend was like ‘let’s go’ and I said we gotta get out of there.”

But it appeared the Trump supporters had already decided the young Black woman was a key target for their rage. Nibo said they started heckling her with questions about who she voted for in the Presidential election, though she was walking away. Soon, a white woman screamed directly in Nibo’s face, telling her to take off her mask (par for the course for the Trump cult supporters).

Nibo responded that they should put on their masks, and that’s when she says they started surrounding her while ironically chanting “All Lives Matter,” and then attacked her. Nibo had gotten separated from her friends by then and was now alone in the middle of the fracas.

“It’s just me and all of a sudden I’m just getting cornered by 30, 40 people,” she said. “That’s what started all of them to jump in and shoving me around. Then some lady comes out of nowhere and starts tugging on my hair, trying to pull my hair off of my head.”

After the mob ripped Nibo’s extensions off her head, she says they started pepper-spraying her directly in the eye—what she believes was an attempt to make her vulnerable to an even more severe attack. “They were trying to put me on the floor so they could just stomp on me and kick me.”

Pictures posted by photojournalist Raquel Natalicchio on Instagram corroborate the hellish scene described by Nibo, and Natalicchio confirmed to The Root that about 20 police officers were present but did not intervene in the mobbing—prompting her and two other bystanders to ultimately rescue Nibo.
https://www.theroot.com/im-just-getting-cornered-by-30-40-people-a-trump-mob-1846012397

There were 20 officers just watching like bystander when this lady got attacked by Trump supporters.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Josh Hawley claiming that not getting his book published is a violation of the First Amendment falls into a similar category. As do a lot of the complaints about people being denied their freedom of speech. As do a lot of the complaints about cancel culture generally, in fact. One of the more irksome characteristics of the modern right.

WPMUFC

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she has spoken to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley (pictured with Donald Trump above), about stopping Donald Trump from launching a nuclear strike during his final days in office.

"The situation of this unhinged president could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy," Pelosi said in a letter to colleagues.

Reuters is reporting that Milley's office said that Pelosi had initiated the call and Milley "answered her questions regarding the process of nuclear command authority."

A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity to Reuters, said that any use of nuclear weapons is a highly deliberative process.

A person familiar with Friday’s call said Pelosi has told them that Milley has told her there are precautions in place that would prevent Trump from launching a nuclear strike, according to the Associated Press.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-09/us-politics-live-updates-donald-trump-nuclear-codes/13043904

Time to remove him. He's an unstable nutjob that cannot be trusted with 2 weeks of government.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
One whole year.

People are serving far longer sentences for possession of weed.

What a fecking joke.
And that's the maximum too. Depending on the judge I'd bet he gets off with community service or at most 90 days.

cyberman

One whole year.

People are serving far longer sentences for possession of weed.

What a fecking joke.
Theres so much to do, evidence to uncover etc. These are just holding charges so they can plough through the mud.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We live in a very silly world.