2021 American Civil War

RedDevilQuebecois

In short, Trump knew his supporters were armed, he directly interfered with weapons check, and he wanted to do what Hitler did by leading the march from the front alongside Erich Ludendorff during the Beer Hall Putsch. But as the USSS said no, he behaved like a total baby throwing his toys (in this case, ketchup) out of the pram.

Comical, sad and disgusting at the same time.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

With all the nutjobs following Trump, I would be seriously concerned for my security, if I was Cassidy Hutchinson. I hope she gets all the protection she needs.

RedDevilQuebecois

With all the nutjobs following Trump, I would be seriously concerned for my security, if I was Cassidy Hutchinson. I hope she gets all the protection she needs.
Just as I pointed out earlier, she needs the kind of witness protection that has sheltered Joseph D. Pistone (Donnie Brasco) from the mafia for the last 40 years.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
In short, Trump knew his supporters were armed, he directly interfered with weapons check, and he wanted to do what Hitler did by leading the march from the front alongside Erich Ludendorff during the Beer Hall Putsch. But as the USSS said no, he behaved like a total baby throwing his toys (in this case, ketchup) out of the pram.

Comical, sad and disgusting at the same time.
I've wondered what would've happened if had actually marched with the maga army that day. If he gets there and tells the police to step aside, how would've they reacted?

RedDevilQuebecois

I've wondered what would've happened if had actually marched with the maga army that day. If he gets there and tells the police to step aside, how would've they reacted?
I don't even want to imagine what kind of worse madness that would have been because the US would have been in a civil war by now with Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans rightfully not tolerating that travesty.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
More than one person would have been shot trying to get inside the Senate chambers, or once inside the chambers and accosting politicians, staffers, and security. I for one would have blasted a handful knowing these loons were likely out for blood.

RedDevilQuebecois

Stephen Colbert and the writers for the show are absolute geniuses.

It sounds like that in the mind of Michael Flynn. :lol: :lol:

WPMUFC

Flynn was the one claiming you could take the US military, invade the battleground states, seize machines and force the states to re-run their elections under martial law.

RoyH1

Flynn was the one claiming you could take the US military, invade the battleground states, seize machines and force the states to re-run their elections under martial law.
I cannot imagine the military acting as one if that where to happen. Chiefs of Staff would probably resign if handed that order.
At least I hope so. I have to remember that we stepped into the parallel timeline in 2016 and we still haven't returned.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I cannot imagine the military acting as one if that where to happen. Chiefs of Staff would probably resign if handed that order.
At least I hope so. I have to remember that we stepped into the parallel timeline in 2016 and we still haven't returned.
There would have been immediate mass resignations in the upper echelon of the military if such an order was given. Or they would have stayed in place & overtly ignored the order.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Rewatching the testimony now, what strikes me is how much older than 25 Cassidy Hutchinson looked. Poor girl must have a challenging personal life right now.

Rajma

I hope EU/NATO are drafting up contingency plans as we speak, because it’s actually quite insane that US going to be flirting with dictatorship in 2024 if Trump is allowed to run again.

Mike Smalling

Even if he runs, he won’t win.
Would there be a primary process for the Republicans if he wanted to run, or would they just hand him the nomination? I'm guessing the latter, but not really sure.

A Republican primary process involving Trump would be pure entertainment.

Simbo

I hope EU/NATO are drafting up contingency plans as we speak, because it’s actually quite insane that US going to be flirting with dictatorship in 2024 if Trump is allowed to run again.
Its not all Trump, he may be the figurehead but this won't end just with him being stopped.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Would there be a primary process for the Republicans if he wanted to run, or would they just hand him the nomination? I'm guessing the latter, but not really sure.

A Republican primary process involving Trump would be pure entertainment.
There would absolutely be a primary. DeSantis, for one, will definitely run, he’ll probably announce after the governorship race if he wins it (which he should).

Mike Smalling

There would absolutely be a primary. DeSantis, for one, will definitely run, he’ll probably announce after the governorship race if he wins it (which he should).
Great! The prospect of DeSantis, Trump and others roughing each other up in the debates is too good. Especially, if the likes of Lyin' Ted and Lil' Marco run again.