2021 American Civil War

Dudu

I’d never heard of Josh Hawley before this. Clearly planning a run in 2024 this one.

This prick needs to resign. He's under a bit of pressure too.. not that anything will come of it.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Missouri is hardcore Trump area, he'd lose far more support by condemning Trumpism than he would be mindlessly propping it up and parroting conspiracies.

Dudu

Missouri is hardcore Trump area, he'd lose far more support by condemning Trumpism than he would be mindlessly propping it up and parroting conspiracies.
Figures. If anything, he's probably gained even more support at home then.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Damn! You go girl....

You love to see it!
I love that woman, (in more ways than one :wenger:)
Seems to be one of the strongest and most reasonable politicians in America right now.

Classical Mechanic

No I'm not. I'm just saying you can't lurch to murder when the crowd were smashing their way in to the senate.

If a crowd tried to storm the British Houses of Parliament and ignored police orders people would die.
Spot on.

Was speaking to my misses about this and we were both in agreement, if people attacked Westminster like this, white, black, or brown, they'd be dead.
It's a moot point though because a mob like that wouldn't be afforded the opportunity to attack Westminster like that. They'd be met with appropriate force long before they could get close.

Lone wolf terrorists have been shot dead for trying to gain entry but they can get close without alerting the authorities.

I'm not gonna shed a tear but I do think it's sad she lost her life in such a stupid way.

I think a lot of people are being weird about it though. If you think the security had no choice but to shoot her, then whatever, I've not watched the video but I find it pretty believable, from what I've heard. The people finding it funny and talking about Darwin don't seem to realise how right wing they sound, though.
A police officer was killed ffs, and this stupid shit thought she’d cross the last line of defence before the senate and not be shot? A point where she had guns pointed at her and warned “we will shoot”. Are you fecking kidding me?

She was an idiot of the highest order, nothing about that is “right wing” unless you haven’t the foggiest what “right wing” even means.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's a moot point though because a mob like that wouldn't be afforded the opportunity to attack Westminster like that. They'd be met with appropriate force long before they could get close.

Lone wolf terrorists have been shot dead for trying to gain entry but they can get close without alerting the authorities.
Not really moot as a crowd could congregate that then tried to storm the parliament.

I'm hugely anti gun and violence but you try to storm a seat of government anywhere in the world and surely you must know you are likely to end up dead?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think this has been mentioned enough. Some policemen off duty and even capitol police were with the protestors.

Classical Mechanic

Not really moot as a crowd could congregate that then tried to storm the parliament.

I'm hugely anti gun and violence but you try to storm a seat of government anywhere in the world and surely you must know you are likely to end up dead?
The way to deal with them would be to contain them at a safe distance from parliament. You are right though, if they did manage to breach any barrier and get close then they would be shot. There are armed marksmen positioned outside parliament for this reason and armed response units on standby to deal with any threat, as we've seen with Islamic terrorists in the recent past.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think this has been mentioned enough. Some policemen off duty and even capitol police were with the protestors.
When the dust has settled there needs to be a top down investigation into how it happened. From how the intelligence community missed it or how they were ignored, how badly security was prepared and how badly security was organised during the event. Also how much collusion happened between police and rioters during the event.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its kind of funny seeing Teddy trying to walk back towards a more moderate position now that Hawley has outflanked him to the far right.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When the dust has settled there needs to be a top down investigation into how it happened. From how the intelligence community missed it or how they were ignored, how badly security was prepared and how badly security was organised during the event. Also how much collusion happened between police and rioters during the event.
I don't think they missed it, it wasn't really an hidden plan. They simply didn't do their job and prepare for it, which isn't that surprising if you consider the reports made by the FBI years ago about how law enforcements are full of far right supporters.

Smores

I don't think they missed it, it wasn't really an hidden plan. They simply didn't do their job and prepare for it, which isn't that surprising if you consider the reports made by the FBI years ago about how law enforcements are full of far right supporters.
Personally i think they knew about the risks but they'll have been a culture of not being allowed to raise concerns about Trump supporters due to top down pressures.

Conor

This was perfectly summed up by that woman on CNN the other day, these people believe they own the country, and everything in it, and that African Americans(and other minorities with the wrong skin tone) don't. They see no problem in storming those buildings, because they think they own them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah they definitely didn’t miss it, that’s my point. It’s also worth remembering that a few years ago Trump or a Trump appointee removed “white suprematists” as a category of domestic terrorist and in doing so ended FBI surveillance on a lot of dangerous people.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This was perfectly summed up by that woman on CNN the other day, these people believe they own the country, and everything in it, and that African Americans(and other minorities with the wrong skin tone) don't. They see no problem in storming those buildings, because they think they own them.
In stark contrast to the lady who gave a very powerful interview around the time of the George Floyd protests where she said "so what if a building is damaged, we don't own shit, and when we did you bombed us" (paraphrased).

Fully Fledged

True. I think there was an Anarchy International one that tried it a few years ago and got nowhere near it.

WPMUFC

Sam Seder made an interesting comment, supposedly one of the potential reasons for the slow response to call in the National Guard may have been down to worries about what Trump may have done if he thought they were under his control. I had not heard that rumour. I wonder if there was anything to it.

Various attacks on embassies around the world, where security really will open fire without question, have shown that enough people with enough willpower can get anywhere.

If enough people grouped on Parliament Square and decided to go for the gates they'd be inside before you know it. A lone wolf is one thing, but no police force in the West is in the business of mowing down its own people.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In all of this the craziest thing is how stupid these people are. How can they fail to understand that none of what they say or did should be posted on social media with their faces uncovered, some have the audacity to share their names and place of living.