2021 American Civil War

Dudu

What the feck is he quoting from.. a newsmax report? :houllier:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol:

Do you think he will win re-election in 2022? I don't know much about the race.
It's weird. Our other Senator is Tammy Baldwin who is pretty progressive. The rural areas here are REALLY Trumpian, so it is all about turnout. Our Gov is up for reelection I believe, and he is very popular with most people but also VERY unpopular with the Trumpers, so who knows.

Dudu

It's weird. Our other Senator is Tammy Baldwin who is pretty progressive. The rural areas here are REALLY Trumpian, so it is all about turnout. Our Gov is up for reelection I believe, and he is very popular with most people but also VERY unpopular with the Trumpers, so who knows.
Interesting. I didn't realise Ds had Gov, Lt. Gov, SecState, AG and Baldwin!

Make it happen Wisconsin! Get rid of this prick.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Interesting. I didn't realise Ds had Gov, Lt. Gov, SecState, AG and Baldwin!

Make it happen Wisconsin! Get rid of this prick.
I've ranted on here before about WI politics. The last governor was Scott Walker, a complete tool bag. Because of the demographics of this state (two huge urban areas and the rest a snowy Alabama) the slight majority is Dem, but the state legislature is solidly Repub. When Governor tool bag lost to our current governor in 18 he conspired with the legislature to strip as many powers from the Governor as possible and give them to the legislature. This Vox article goes into it more. This is why we have struggled with a statewide COVID policy. It's why we were basically the only state forced to do our primary voting last year in person in the middle of the pandemic (I like many of my neighbors in progressive Madison had our absentee ballots "lost" by the postal service). Politics are crazy here.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've ranted on here before about WI politics. The last governor was Scott Walker, a complete tool bag. Because of the demographics of this state (two huge urban areas and the rest a snowy Alabama) the slight majority is Dem, but the state legislature is solidly Repub. When Governor tool bag lost to our current governor in 18 he conspired with the legislature to strip as many powers from the Governor as possible and give them to the legislature. This Vox article goes into it more. This is why we have struggled with a statewide COVID policy. It's why we were basically the only state forced to do our primary voting last year in person in the middle of the pandemic (I like many of my neighbors in progressive Madison had our absentee ballots "lost" by the postal service). Politics are crazy here.
I can’t read Scott Walkers name without thinking of the time some radio DJ tricked him into thinking he was on the phone with one of the Koch brothers.

Dudu

Fecking hell. What an absolute shitshow :(

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
So..... Will she be held accountable? Or be like Trump and just ignore it and carry on regardless?

If she's not punished then it makes a fecking joke out of the USA and shows it wasn't just Trump who was able to do as he pleased and never be held accountable for his actions. It's incredibly dangerous times if that's the case.

sport2793

I remember being so infuriated when they did what they did in 2018. You guys deserve better. Hopefully you can throw that prick Johnson out in 22.

Luckily you guys seem to have a very good state Dem party chair in Ben Wikler so fingers crossed.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
And they go after the politicians with proven communications to those involved. No slap on the wrists, blah blah, wasn't direct action, blah blah, they weren't really communicating on the actual insurrection, blah blah, as we know will likely happen.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
And they go after the politicians with proven communications to those involved. No slap on the wrists, blah blah, wasn't direct action, blah blah, they weren't really communicating on the actual insurrection, blah blah, as we know will likely happen.
Definitely, this too. It seems like the evidence is there because, well, they're all morons.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'll believe it when I see it, but boy did Lee and Hawley seem nervous, and very concerned with cell phone data, during the hearing.
I've no doubt a few of them, through a timeless blend of arrogance and stupidity, have done countless dumb things with an easy to follow trail in the days leading up to it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You mean The Patriot Act might finally live up to its name?! :eek:
Patriot Act immediately made me think of the Clancy book Patriot Games, which led my mind to wander, which led to me realizing you could describe Jan 6th perfectly just using Clancy's book titles:

The Sum of All Fears and a Clear and Present Danger was the Patriot Games played Without Remorse.

...yes I am bored.

NM

Patriot Act immediately made me think of the Clancy book Patriot Games, which led my mind to wander, which led to me realizing you could describe Jan 6th perfectly just using Clancy's book titles:

The Sum of All Fears and a Clear and Present Danger was the Patriot Games played Without Remorse.

...yes I am bored.
Rainbow Six is my favorite one because of the games. Love Ding Chavez!

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Time flies. Tomorrow is the (next) big day for Trump supporters as that’s when the takeover is supposed to happen and Biden will be out.

I wonder if we’ll have any more eejits fly in to DC from California to witness it.

If it doesn’t happen tomorrow, don’t worry, spin the wheel and pick another day.:rolleyes::houllier:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Though it is quite amusing reading the rationalizations for each subsequent date.

Wonder if the hotel jacked up its rates for tonight again.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Though it is quite amusing reading the rationalizations for each subsequent date.

Wonder if the hotel jacked up its rates for tonight again.
It doesn't look like it; it's $476/night for the rest of March.
But I can see from their pricing when the next few dates might be: April 14th-16th ($556/night) or April 22nd-24th also $556/night.

holy mackerel!