2021 American Civil War

I remember when Michael Malice - a self described Social Anarchist - was my favourite political writer, and a big influence on my early views...but he's started playing to the right in a big way recently.

I don't think it's a deliberate grift, ala 'I'm a classic liberal but agree with every Conservative talking point' Tim Pool, Dave Rubin style. I just think he's become sympathetic to them, which is strange. He's always been deliberately provocative, counter culture, with a tendency to root for the underdog...but surely he doesn't think the right are any of those things?

Any other Malice readers/listeners noticed the change?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
They shouldn’t be surprised if they end up jailed. You are enabling police’s racist and trigger happy behaviour by rationalizing it the way you did above.
No I'm not. I'm just saying you can't lurch to murder when the crowd were smashing their way in to the senate.

If a crowd tried to storm the British Houses of Parliament and ignored police orders people would die.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
No I'm not. I'm just saying you can't lurch to murder when the crowd were smashing their way in to the senate.

If a crowd tried to storm the British Houses of Parliament and ignored police orders people would die.
Spot on.

Was speaking to my misses about this and we were both in agreement, if people attacked Westminster like this, white, black, or brown, they'd be dead.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Totally off topic, I cant remember if its you I heard it from but I cant refer to your PM as anything other than Scotty from Marketing now! The Mrs cracks up when I do, so cheers if it was you.
Could have been as I use it all the time since The Chaser (I think) started it. Apparently he hates it. Which makes it even better.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Any other Malice readers/listeners noticed the change?
Never heard of him, sorry. Also, wasn't German Lopez a tennis player?

I think good riots are good and bad riots are bad but I'm not about to go all carceral over it and demand they're locked up. I can kind of see his point in this particular instance... well, actually his point was literally an emoticon so maybe I'm inventing his point, I dunno.

Put me in charge of the punishments for the majority of those breaking the law yesterday and I'd start with fining them based upon their income (lot of wealthy people in there, those ones can lose most of what they made in the last year), a lot of community service and a mandatory course in how it's bad to be a nazi, run by the most tediously boring person I can find.

iKnowNothing

Damn! You go girl....

You love to see it!
I get a feeling that Cruz is trying to take up the political space of Trump. He’s more intelligent than Trump and has seen his playbook work to a great extent.

If he can stoke enough fear and division, I can see him raising billions and leading the Republican (or what party they become) ticket in 24 and win the thing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Never heard of him, sorry. Also, wasn't German Lopez a tennis player?

I think good riots are good and bad riots are bad but I'm not about to go all carceral over it and demand they're locked up. I can kind of see his point in this particular instance... well, actually his point was literally an emoticon so maybe I'm inventing his point, I dunno.

Put me in charge of the punishments for the majority of those breaking the law yesterday and I'd start with fining them based upon their income (lot of wealthy people in there, those ones can lose most of what they made in the last year), a lot of community service and a mandatory course in how it's bad to be a nazi, run by the most tediously boring person I can find.
I think he only really has a point if you think it's reasonable to equate people fighting for racial equality with people trying to lynch members of parliament, because they want to overthrow an election. Not to mention he's only comparing headlines and five years have passed between both articles. Plenty of time to potentially re-think some points on these issues.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think he only really has a point if you think it's reasonable to equate people fighting for racial equality with people trying to lynch members of parliament, because they want to overthrow an election. Not to mention he's only comparing headlines and five years have passed between both articles. Plenty of time to potentially re-think some points on these issues.
Also his best tournament appears to be reaching the second round of the French Open in 92, so I've no idea how I remember the bloke.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I get a feeling that Cruz is trying to take up the political space of Trump. He’s more intelligent than Trump and has seen his playbook work to a great extent.

If he can stoke enough fear and division, I can see him raising billions and leading the Republican (or what party they become) ticket in 24 and win the thing.
No one could stoke up more fear and division than Trump - moreover it's a now proven failed playbook.

Sitting Presidents rarely lose (Trump was one of the few exceptions). The GOP has been fecked by Trumpites. I'll call a Democratic win in 2024 right now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Except he has the charisma of a steaming pile of dog shit. For all of Trumps massive massive failings, he still had an innate charisma that pulled people to him. Cruz does not have that at all.

Fergies Gum

No one could stoke up more fear and division than Trump - moreover it's a now proven failed playbook.

Sitting Presidents rarely lose (Trump was one of the few exceptions). The GOP has been fecked by Trumpites. I'll call a Democratic win in 2024 right now.
:lol: No one on here can predict what is going to happen next week, never mind 4 years down the road.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

The problem Cruz will face, and has beforehand, is he has the charisma of a decaying roadkill.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

I didn't believe this was a real speech at all. Should have done this weeks ago.
"A time for healing and reconciliation." Definitely not his own idea to do this, and it wasn't written by his usual speech writers either.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

"There’s a photo from the riots at the U.S. Capitol of a man in a fur headdress and full warpaint, presiding over the dais on the congressional floor. The man is named Jake Angeli, and he is an aspiring actor from Arizona, but he is perhaps best known as the “QAnon Shaman,” one of the most prominent believers in the far-right extremist conspiracy theory QAnon, who regularly shows up at pro-Trump rallies in full-on regalia."
"If nothing else, the photo was proof (to everyone except QAnon supporters themselves, who predictably claimed that the pro-QAnon messaging at the rally was the work of antifa) that we had dismissed Angeli and his ilk as fringe extremists at our peril."

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...rrection-riot-conspiracy-theory-1110622/amp/?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

I didn't believe this was a real speech at all. Should have done this weeks ago.
:lol: :houllier:

So we go from "Those traitors stole the election, go get them" to "You are all a bunch of cnuts and will be arrested for something i told you to do two days ago".

He could not have thrown them more under the bus. The Trump loyals must be pretty disillusioned right now

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
:lol: :houllier:

So we go from "Those traitors stole the election, go get them" to "You are all a bunch of cnuts and will be arrested for something i told you to do two days ago".

He could not have thrown them more under the bus. The Trump loyals must be pretty disillusioned right now
They will still follow him. I don’t know how but they will find a way.

Dudu

Mostly curfew violators so far.

That means that the majority was arrested nowhere near the Capitol itself.
And we've still heard nothing further. Absolutely shocking, given how much pictures and footage there is.

Mike Smalling

I’d never heard of Josh Hawley before this. Clearly planning a run in 2024 this one.

What a snowflake. Why doesn't he just go across the street to the next publisher then? Free markets, competition, etc. etc. will sort this out for him.