2021 RedCafe NFL Fantasy League

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Was I drafted into the 2nd league in the end?
You can choose whichever format you like best. I'll quote the suggestion again here for better visibility:

Suggestion
Two 12-men leagues.

AFC League
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
8 bench spots

NFC League
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
6 bench spots

This would mean there's one more "special" league (extra FLEX spot and 18-men rosters instead of 15) for players that want to mix things up and one very standard league (which I think most are used to). If everyone could vote whether they absolutely wanna be in AFC or NFC or whether they don't care, we can start dividing up participants into the different leagues. As I imagine the AFC participants would be more flexible, we could, once both leagues are filled in, check if we keep it this format or e.g. change one FLEX spot for a Superflex spot, add even another WR, or go 3WR and 1FLEX instead of 2WR 2FLEX, TE premium, adjusted QB points, no fecking kickers, whatever.

Happy to hear other suggestions of course!

Sandyman

Also fine with whatever we choose - I'd like two non-money leagues but also fine with one money league if entry fee is limited (thinking $10-20). 12 men would also be a lot more fun than 10 men leagues where almost every team is stacked.

Also disagree that Superflex doesn't suit a 12-man league by the way, there's plenty of quality options available and usually you win or you lose your draft in the later rounds. And Superflex is not the same as 2QB either. If someone wants to go for two QBs early that leaves him with more holes in his roster and gives others other opportunities, much more strategy involved in that sort of format. But like I said whatever the majority wants is fine for me.

Suggestion
Two 12-men leagues.

AFC League
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
8 bench spots

NFC League
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
6 bench spots

This would mean there's one more "special" league (extra FLEX spot and 18-men rosters instead of 15) for players that want to mix things up and one very standard league (which I think most are used to). If everyone could vote whether they absolutely wanna be in AFC or NFC or whether they don't care, we can start dividing up participants into the different leagues. As I imagine the AFC participants would be more flexible, we could, once both leagues are filled in, check if we keep it this format or e.g. change one FLEX spot for a Superflex spot, add even another WR, or go 3WR and 1FLEX instead of 2WR 2FLEX, TE premium, adjusted QB points, no fecking kickers, whatever.

Like I said I'll join both leagues if need be and I'm fine with whatever format will be chosen for the AFC league.

Happy to hear other suggestions of course!
Yo what are you doing? I just changed the league names yesterday to League A and B to avoid confusion

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sounds fine with me.

I’m in both leagues. Would like one money league but no biggy if we don’t get the numbers.

Sandyman

Sounds fine with me.

I’m in both leagues. Would like one money league but no biggy if we don’t get the numbers.
Reading through the thread, think there are only 3-4 interested in the money league.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yo what are you doing? I just changed the league names yesterday to League A and B to avoid confusion
I really don't see how "AFC and NFC" is more confusing than "A and B" to be honest but whatever works :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You can choose whichever format you like best. I'll quote the suggestion again here for better visibility:
I just meant I didn’t know whether or not I was in at all.

I’d opt for the funkier non-standard league if I can. AFC or B or whatever we decide to name them :lol:. I like to get funky.

Sandyman

I really don't see how "AFC and NFC" is more confusing than "A and B" to be honest but whatever works :lol:
Last season there were a few questions about it. Think the confusion was whether our FFL mirrored the NFL and if there'll be a final knockout game between NFC and AFC to determine the winner :lol:
And I think some leagues run with multiple division format so that could have added to the confusion

I just meant I didn’t know whether or not I was in at all.

I’d opt for the funkier non-standard league if I can. AFC or B or whatever we decide to name them :lol:. I like to get funky.
Yes you're in. I included you in the manager count.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Pre-season ends August 29th so I guess it's best to have the draft after that date.

That means:
- August 30th
- August 31st
- September 1st

And I guess European time the evening of Sep 2nd is also a last chance option since the season starts Sep 2nd USA evening time.

I'm on holiday from August 28th until September 3nd so every evening is going to be a hassle for me but I hope to be able to draft from my phone wherever I am. I think drafting before the last pre-season games is a bit daft because of injuries which can occur, although it might not matter since starters are likely not going to be involved, so if we can't find a date in the week leading up to Week 1, we'll revert to the week leading up to the last pre-season game. That would mean August 23 - August 26 is also an option (I think weekends are probably to difficult to get enough people online).

JJ12

Don’t think we’ll see much of the starters in the last pre season game so I don’t mind one of the leagues having an early draft

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Tuesday 24th and Thursday 26th, how does that sound?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Works for me.

I say this every year and never actually do it but should probably start researching.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Works for me.

I say this every year and never actually do it but should probably start researching.
Don't be talking like that as if you're not just drafting Javonte Williams and Jerry Jeudy in the first two rounds anyway!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't be talking like that as if you're not just drafting Javonte Williams and Jerry Jeudy in the first two rounds anyway!
:lol:

No chance I’m taking Jeudy, might take Williams as a bench option if he’s still there but won’t be looking at starting him.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Whatever date is fine. Just put me in the superflex if possible, or whatever is the ‘less standard‘ league.

JJ12

Are we on ESPN? Do we need to send our emails?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I’m already on there from last year with both leagues showing “league not yet activated” - I assume I don’t need to do anything at this point?
No I don't think so, once the leagues are activated again you'll probably be able to access both of your teams - think that was the case for me last year as well.

Sandyman

Yeah only the ones who are new have to send me the email. Once I reactivate the leagues, everyone who played last season will automatically get added. Just a matter of moving the people to the correct league after that.

Sandyman

Both of those days work for me. Should we have two people managing the leagues? just so it makes it easier to veto stuff or respond to any issues. @Sandyman @RobinLFC
Yeah can add someone to that role. The last 2 seasons have been smooth sailing and we have had no issues so hopefully that continues.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm unable to draft the evening of August 24 because of a work event :( So either another double player drops out and we have one 12-men and one 10-men league, or someone replaces me, or we switch to a day earlier or later for that draft. All options are fine by me.

JJ12

I'm unable to draft the evening of August 24 because of a work event :( So either another double player drops out and we have one 12-men and one 10-men league, or someone replaces me, or we switch to a day earlier or later for that draft. All options are fine by me.
I can get somebody to take your place - they are desperate to be involved in a fantasy league

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If more than half of the participating players can't go through the hassle to reply with their preferred draft date, I don't see how we'll get this going. It's hard enough to bring 20 odd people from all around the world together to draft on one particular moment but if we don't even have the preferences to divide us all into two groups then I can't see this working.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So far we have

Tuesday
Rado
JJ12
Hephaestus
Backofthenet

Thursday
Rado