2021 RedCafe NFL Fantasy League

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Let's get this rolling again people. First priority should be to see whether we can get to two leagues like last year or just one league. Could maybe make one league for free and one with a small buy-in to spice things up, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in that and looking at the dynasty league, international payments look like a hassle sometimes.

@Sandyman if you are in, we can look at reactivating the current leagues and re-ordering the participants, or we can set up new ones. I wouldn't go deeper than a 12-man league, but we'll see what the best outcome will be.

Format suggestion (PPR):

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 FLEX
1 K
1 D/ST
8 bench spots

Waiver wire:
My preference is a FAAB budget which you can spend on waiver wire additions / free agents throughout the season.

Other possibilities:
- Only 2WR instead of 3WR;
- Superflex instead of regular FLEX (Flex spot can be a QB)
- League without K and/or D/ST
- Reducing bench spots to 6 instead of 8
- Waiver wire based on reversed activity

Open to discussion of course.

Draft date:
- Last weekend of August (e.g. Sunday 29th)
- First weekend of September (e.g. Sunday 5th)
- A weekday evening in the week of August 30th or Sep 6th (opening night is Sep 9th)

Let's see who's in first and then maybe set up a doodle or something like that to decide on the draft date(s) as that's usually the biggest issue with so many people and busy schedules.

Participants:
Open to whoever is interested of course, but already gonna tag the ones that played last year and some others.

@Sandyman
@backofthenet
@KeyserSoze
@Rado_N
@Edgar Allan Pillow
@JP77
@JPRouve
@okLaptop1
@Hephaestus
@Jagga7
@RussellWilson
@JJ12
@freeurmind
@RDCR07
@entropy
@Eboue
@Anderson'sCat
@rpitroda
@Mighty Boosh
@Sylar

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
In, pretty sure i'm a former champion of one of these caf leagues but can't remember which year.

JP77

I’m in.

Happy to do the free to play but would also play a small wager one if there was enough interest as long as it was only small money to enter.

Sandyman

It's that time again :drool::drool:

Yeah we can just re-activate the league - just need to see who all re-join

Hephaestus

I'm interested but would rather be in the cheapskate league if you go for one paid and one not.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It was just a suggestion, there doesn't need to be a paid league for me either.

Right now we're exactly at 12, so either we keep these 12 who responded first and start to set it all up, or we need at least 7-8 more entries to make two 12-team (my preference) or two 10-team leagues.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
It was just a suggestion, there doesn't need to be a paid league for me either.

Right now we're exactly at 12, so either we keep these 12 who responded first and start to set it all up, or we need at least 7-8 more entries to make two 12-team (my preference) or two 10-team leagues.
Cos I'm a sucker for punishment, I'm happy to have two teams if it helps the numbers

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Put me down as an alternate if you do a second league. I’ve found dynasty is not my jam, but one off leagues are nice.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That makes 13 people already in, 3 who want to play in both and an alternative for the second league.

If we make it two 10-team leagues we only need 3 more players then, otherwise 5.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Damn I missed this - In

Money league would be nice. I can get somebody else too if we need numbers for that.

Sandyman

Okay let's get this rolling. Looks like there aren't enough takers for a money league. If there's still interest for it, I would suggest someone else run the league as I will not be able to run it.

Have 18 so far with me, Robin, Rado and backofthenet open to doing both leagues. So, as of now, we have enough for a 12 man and a 10 man league. Can obviously make changes if someone else still wants to join in.

For starters, since my "innovative" way of naming the Leagues NFC and AFC caused a bit of confusion last year, we will stick with something simple this season: League A(12 man) and League B(10 man)

Format (PPR)
Roster:
I like the idea of having an extra starting spot. And am fine with any combination as long as all positions are there - bet these will be some high scoring games for sure. Or maybe we could do 2 WR and 2 FLEX instead of 3 WR and 1 FLEX - gives us more options.
Bench: Do we really need 8 bench spots if we are adding an additional spot in the starting team? Hopefully COVID is not a big factor this season.
Wavier wire: Always preferred Reverse Wavier Wire method

Also, in League B, we could do 2 QB rosters instead of that additional WR, esp if it's a 10 man league.

JJ12

I will play in both leagues if possible

Sandyman

So, we potentially have a 12 and a 11 person league as of now - need one more in that case.

JJ12

I’m not a lover of 2 QB leagues but whatever the majority vote is fine

Sandyman

I’m not a lover of 2 QB leagues but whatever the majority vote is fine
Yeah it's difficult in 12 person leagues because we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel by the end of the draft. Everyone will want 2 QBs plus 1 as backup which takes you to 36 QBs. Number of starting QBs in the NFL? Only 32!

It's best for 10 and fewer person leagues.

Sweet. How many in the league? How many leagues?
2 leagues of 12 as of now with 5 of us playing in both the leagues.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yeah it's difficult in 12 person leagues because we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel by the end of the draft. Everyone will want 2 QBs plus 1 as backup which takes you to 36 QBs. Number of starting QBs in the NFL? Only 32!

It's best for 10 and fewer person leagues.

2 leagues of 12 as of now with 5 of us playing in both the leagues.
I agree man. 10 is the max we should do if not it’s literally picking bare bones in the final 4-5 rounds.

roseguy64

I'm fine with whatever. Avoided NFL fantasy the last couple seasons but ready to get back in it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Another vote against 2 QBs from me.

I like the idea of additional flex positions though and I’m fine with reducing the bench.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Also fine with whatever we choose - I'd like two non-money leagues but also fine with one money league if entry fee is limited (thinking $10-20). 12 men would also be a lot more fun than 10 men leagues where almost every team is stacked.

Also disagree that Superflex doesn't suit a 12-man league by the way, there's plenty of quality options available and usually you win or you lose your draft in the later rounds. And Superflex is not the same as 2QB either. If someone wants to go for two QBs early that leaves him with more holes in his roster and gives others other opportunities, much more strategy involved in that sort of format. But like I said whatever the majority wants is fine for me.

Suggestion
Two 12-men leagues.

AFC League
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
8 bench spots

NFC League
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
6 bench spots

This would mean there's one more "special" league (extra FLEX spot and 18-men rosters instead of 15) for players that want to mix things up and one very standard league (which I think most are used to). If everyone could vote whether they absolutely wanna be in AFC or NFC or whether they don't care, we can start dividing up participants into the different leagues. As I imagine the AFC participants would be more flexible, we could, once both leagues are filled in, check if we keep it this format or e.g. change one FLEX spot for a Superflex spot, add even another WR, or go 3WR and 1FLEX instead of 2WR 2FLEX, TE premium, adjusted QB points, no fecking kickers, whatever.

Like I said I'll join both leagues if need be and I'm fine with whatever format will be chosen for the AFC league.

Happy to hear other suggestions of course!