2021 Sheep Draft QF - Sjor Bepo vs. Chesterlestreet

With players at career peak, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
I reckon with a suitably attacking full-back on his side he could still be a big goal threat.
Yeah, but that's when he's in a SS/free role where he roams more and would even pop up on the other flank more frequently. In the current set up and from what I gather from Chester's set up(correct me if I'm wrong) Gerets is in balanced and Litti is in his wide/provider role where IMO is closer to his NT position or later in his career role.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Rivera's numbers are pretty decent if you consider him a midfielder - less so if you consider him an attacker.
Just a random comment, but he's certainly a midfielder (and should be judged as such). Him and Mazzola were textbook examples of different interpretations of the role — with Rivera dropping deeper to dictate the game & Mazzola going on incisive dribbling runs and scoring tons of goals almost as a second striker.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
And Littbarski can be easily deployed as a wing-forward. I'd prefer someone more attacking in Zagallo's place though.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Yeah, but that's when he's in a SS/free role where he roams more and would even pop up on the other flank more frequently. In the current set up and from what I gather from Chester's set up(correct me if I'm wrong) Gerets is in balanced and Litti is in his wide/provider role where IMO is closer to his NT position or later in his career role.
Agreed.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Just a random comment, but he's certainly a midfielder (and should be judged as such).
Agreed - absolutely. But in this setup he'd be considered a No 10 of sorts - and thus some people might want him to pose a goal threat to some extent.

Which he actually does - within reason.

And Littbarski can be easily deployed as a wing-forward. I'd prefer someone more attacking in Zagallo's place though.
Yeah, I like Zagallo - and I think he works well enough within the setup. But I don't actually need his particular skill set/traits here - would work just as well with a more dedicated attacker on that side.

Littbarski is versatile, yes - in fact, I could even move him over on the left and thus replace Zagallo with a right winger (of some description).

Having said all that, what sort of upgrades I go for will probably depend very much on the injury factor - may not be able to pick and choose.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Why would you even want to replace Fenomeno. Zagallo definitely needs to be upgraded. Fecking announce that you will go for CR if available and anyone picking him is heading for a block and that is the draft won.

Adds the additional goal threat and Goat heading. Or let's all vote against @Pat_Mustard and get you Pele for that free left role to get the best out of Fenomeno with a great partner as Bepo demands. Again, gets you a goat header too.
:lol: Can we not just vote against Chester instead and allow me to have a Pele-Ronaldo-Best front three?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He played a lot as SS during the time next to Allofs. From memory Koln played in 3-5-2, whereas when he played for the NT in a wider role (4-3-3) his output was usually 1 in 3 or 1 in 4.

Like him a lot, he is underrated usually in drafts, but again for me he's more of a provider rather than primary goal threat.
just saw this post, mate. True that he played as SS.