2021 Sheep Draft

Draft Rules

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
This is the thread for the 2021 Sheep Draft. Please sign up if interested. There is no limit on participants and sheep drafts are more fun with more participants.

Rules

1. There are 12 rounds in the initial draft. In 9 Rounds you will gain 1 player, in 2 rounds you will gain 2 players and in 1 round you will gain a variable amount of players.
2. Each round I'll set a criteria. Every participant has 24 hours to send a selection or selections that met the criteria. If you are the only person to select a player who meets the criteria, congratulations you pass and they are on your team and is shown to other drafters at the end of the round. If two or more participants select the same player that meets the criteria, all participants who chose that player fail and the player is added to the banned list and is shown immediately. If you select a player that does not meet the criteria, is already on a team, or is already on the banned list, your pick fails. If your first pick fails you have 12 hours to send a second selection with the same rules as above. If your second pick fails you have another 12 hours to send a third selection.
3. If your third selection fails, you will get a mediocre player of my choosing which is known as getting a sheep. Sheep will meet the criteria unless there are no sheep level players that meet the criteria.
4. In double selection rounds if one of your selections does not meet the criteria, is on the known banned list or is on someone else's team at the start of that round, all picks are marked as fails for that selection attempt.
5. Injuries. After the 6th round of the draft and before each reinforcement round each team will get an injured player chosen at random. Players injured are unavailable until after the following reinforcement round. Sheep and other players deemed by the organizer to be of a sheep level are immune from being injured.
6. Seeding for matches prior to the first reinforcement round will be determined by the number of sheep/sheep level players in teams with ties being decided at random. After the first reinforcement round, all draws will be random.

Participants

1. Sjor Bepo
2. Kazi
3. FrenchToastMafia
4. Himannv
5. Edgar Allan Pillow
6. Isotope
7. Enigma_87/King Kendrick
8. Ecstatic
9. P-Nut
10. Chesterlestreet
11. Physiocrat
12. BorisDeLeFora
13. Pat_Mustard
14. Skizzo

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Not clear on this. Could you elaborate?
For each game each team will have one injured player who cannot compete in the match. Unlike other drafts where this has been immediately prior to the draw, the injured players will be known after half the rounds in the regular draft and before the reinforcement rounds so that managers have an opportunity to plan around the injuries.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
For each game each team will have one injured player who cannot compete in the match. Unlike other drafts where this has been immediately prior to the draw, the injured players will be known after half the rounds in the regular draft and before the reinforcement rounds so that managers have an opportunity to plan around the injuries.
Aha - so one of the players you have drafted in the first half (of the draft itself) will be unavailable for your first match?

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Aha - so one of the players you have drafted in the first half (of the draft itself) will be unavailable for your first match?
Yes or two matches if numbers mean that a team or teams have to play multiple matches before the first knockout round.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes or two matches if numbers mean that a team or teams have to play multiple matches before the first knockout round.
Right - depending on how many who signs up for the draft (I was a bit unclear on that too - but I see what you mean now, I think).

The "double pick" rule is harsh - but I like it. Those rounds should be sheep heavy - but that's where the fun is. It also prevents people from taking a hit deliberately (on one pick) in order to land a GOAT (or similar). So, yeah - I like it.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Thanks for the invitation Michael, but can't muster up the time for a draft atm.

Kazi

Still space? Haven’t done a draft in ageeees

Please don’t have any questions about football in the last 2-3 years or so cause I haven’t been paying attention hehe

In btw

Round 1 Criteria

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 1 - Curtain Raiser

Pick a player from each team in a World Cup opening match. (When multiple opening matches have the same date and time kickoff, all of those matches are eligible).

Please send selections in a conversation within the next 24 hours.

Anyone who wants to join has until the end of Round 1 and can send me their selections and/or post in the thread

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yes it's possible as is anyone else until the end of Round 1
Thanks.

If one player is ok and not the other one, I guess I have to stick to this game right?

If both players failed? can i change the game for second round?

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Thanks.

If one player is ok and not the other one, I guess I have to stick to this game right?

If both players failed? can i change the game for second round?
If both fail, you can choose any match that meets the criteria. If one player passes, the game can be any game that meets the criteria that the passed player played in.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Michaelf7777777

In the last sheep draft IIRC, I don't think somebody got a sheep because all the choices good and wrong were disclosed after each round, meaning the person in round 3 was almost sure at 100% to be successful for a quality player.

So I suggest you communicate only the players who are FAILED after each round, not the SUCCESSFUL players ones, to get a form of suspense.

What do you think?

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
@Michaelf7777777

In the last sheep draft IIRC, I don't think somebody got a sheep because all the choices good and wrong were disclosed after each round, meaning the person in round 3 was almost sure at 100% to be successful for a quality player.

So I suggest you communicate only the players who are FAILED after each round, not the SUCCESSFUL players ones, to get a form of suspense.

What do you think?
Yes that is what I am planning to do. Also 3 selections each round instead of 4 and criteria rounds instead of any player you want.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Come on. At least join up with me and we can try a more glorious first round exit.
Oh, I just can't. The dog came into the house (an absolute nutter to be worse, wracking ball, just destroys everything) and with work it is impossible.

Will be your biggest fan as always.