2022 US Elections

sport2793

Evangelical white people to be specific.
Na white liberals can be just as bad, just coming from a direction of entitlement and suppressed negative biases towards other groups. Evangelicals just tend to be more open about their bigotry.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Na white liberals can be just as bad, just coming from a direction of entitlement and suppressed negative biases towards other groups. Evangelicals just tend to be more open about their bigotry.
Disagree. It was the white evangelicals here who voted for Walker en masse. Politically speaking, they’re a formidable voting bloc. The left doesn’t have the same coalescence within their party nor are they ‘just as bad’ to the same numbers as the evangelical right.

sport2793

Disagree. It was the white evangelicals here who voted for Walker en masse. Politically speaking, they’re a formidable voting bloc. The left doesn’t have the same coalescence within their party nor are they ‘just as bad’ to the same numbers as the evangelical right.
If you're talking about Georgia and the election sure but the guy you were replying to was making more of a general statement. I'm specifically referring to Oregonians and I think the recent Gov race there highlights this pretty well.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Damn, got out of my NYT subscription. Would like to read that.
errr... if, you hit reload on your phone and then click he X to stop it you can read it... or so I have heard.

Also, why it took till now for the NYT to do the most basic of digging into this clown is maddening.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Its probably not behind a paywall since I could access it without any issue.
It is, at least in the US. Might be difference elsewhere (if you are not here) or if you have not exhausted your "free read " limit.