2022 World Cup Qatar thread

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
That’s not what I’ve said chief, you should work for the sun with that click bait shite.
These people are not getting any respect for me for finding some oil in their backyard.

Go read about the atrocities committed during the preparation for this damned WC, but looks like anything besides the success of your plastic club isn’t important.
I’m aware of the horrible stuff that goes on in Qatar, and Abu dahbi for that matter since you want to bring my club into it. And I’m not in favour of the World Cup in Qatar, not that it affects the “success of my plastic club”.

I was simply pointing out that it’s kind of an inflammatory thing to say and when you say, “all these nobodies” it does generally imply you mean more than just the Qataris.

Mostly I was just poking fun at what seemed an ignorant comment. But I’ll take you at your word that you were so incensed at the plight of the Qatari people you simply got carried away and I read too much into it. Peace and love!

Sir Scott McToMinay

I’m aware of the horrible stuff that goes on in Qatar, and Abu dahbi for that matter since you want to bring my club into it. And I’m not in favour of the World Cup in Qatar, not that it affects the “success of my plastic club”.

I was simply pointing out that it’s kind of an inflammatory thing to say and when you say, “all these nobodies” it does generally imply you mean more than just the Qataris.

Mostly I was just poking fun at what seemed an ignorant comment. But I’ll take you at your word that you were so incensed at the plight of the Qatari people you simply got carried away and I read too much into it. Peace and love!
Jah bless.

Moiraine

Gary Neville with Qatar World Cup Documentary on sky sports football...

looks interesting

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I remember briefly reading a while back but how's the league seasons actually going to work? Is the 4 week winter break in Germany still happening in 22-23? Guess it would make sense to have it straight after the tournament just like you would in the summer.

Can't really believe premier league is just going to start again on Boxing day, 6-7 days after the final. It may be mid season and a bit of an artificial world cup but there's still going to be loads of players disraught at losing in semi finals and the final. No way will they be in a state just to come back and play normally for their clubs.

I assume leagues will start in midJuly to cram in all the game so at least will get more games in better weather. CL will have to start early aswell.

Mr. Ant

I just don't get why all these countries hosting a major tournament build super expensive stadiums and infrastracture when they don't have a meaningful use for them after that.

The same happened in Brasil after the Olympics and I doubt football is gonna explode in Qatar.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I just don't get why all these countries hosting a major tournament build super expensive stadiums and infrastracture when they don't have a meaningful use for them after that.

The same happened in Brasil after the Olympics and I doubt football is gonna explode in Qatar.
Corruption.. Big fat period.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Looks amazing. All Qatar stadiums are well worth a look design wise

This one looks beautiful too with an Allianz Arena vibe :

SaboTaj

Football is kinda big in the middle-east though. If I’m not mistaken Qatari and other middle-eastern clubs are always in the mix when it comes to the business end of the AFC Champions League.

Crustanoid

Dead workers etc. Well done Qatar

The stadiums will be the foundation of an explosion of football and the Qatar league will surpass the EPL in popularity in the next 10 years

SaboTaj

Looks amazing. All Qatar stadiums are well worth a look design wise

This one looks beautiful too with an Allianz Arena vibe :

Does look pretty impressive.

Not sure how many people would’ve attended this World Cup under normal circumstances. But given that we might see a full scale easing of restrictions around the globe only by late 2021 or early 2022, Qatar could actually see a lot of international footfall (more than their pre-pandemic projections) during the tournament.

Foxbatt

Doha FC will win the champions league in 2030
They nearly won this year. Only lost in the final. Anyway Doha is a beautiful clean city. They need to clean up their working conditions for the labour force and have done a lot too compared to some other middle east countries. The labour issue starts outside of the countries with the recruitment agencies. This is where most of the early salaries of the employees go. They charge exorbitant rates from each person. A Bangladeshi guy has become a multi millionaire in supplying labour to the middle east. Then the Arabs treat non whites like slaves and combined with these two it is a recipe for a humanitarian crisis.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Football is kinda big in the middle-east though. If I’m not mistaken Qatari and other middle-eastern clubs are always in the mix when it comes to the business end of the AFC Champions League.
Considering east Asian teams don't meet west Asian teams until the final, obviously both sides will be representated at the business end. :rolleyes:

RashyForPM

Imagine if all the players boycott, leaving the stadiums built at the cost of many lives to rot and the country who is most likely only hosting the tournament due to corruption to cry. Come on lads, make it happen.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This is where 2022 world cup is going to be played

PoTMS

Well it's pretty obvious he's not allowed to touch her, for religious reasons, but why didn't he at least acknowledge her?

jungledrums

Well it's pretty obvious he's not allowed to touch her, for religious reasons, but why didn't he at least acknowledge her?
If your ‘religious reasons’ prohibit you from touching a woman, then fecking reassess.

stevoc

He's not allowed to shake someone's hand because he's a Muslim?

PoTMS

If your ‘religious reasons’ prohibit you from touching a woman, then fecking reassess.
Reassess what? Are you that dense or arrogant to think there is only one way to greet someone? In Muslim culture, males and females do not physically touch as a greeting, so why should he as a Muslim be forced to conform to a norm that doesn’t exist in Muslim culture, considering he's in his own country Qatar. Shouldn't be touching anyone regardless, considering there's COVID about. I do think he's a bit of cnut for not acknowledging the female ref though.

jungledrums

Insulting another member
The fecking peanut gallery, great.
Reassess what? Are you that dense or arrogant to think there is only one way to greet someone? In Muslim culture, males and females do not physically touch as a greeting, so why should he as a Muslim be forced to conform to a norm that doesn’t exist in Muslim culture, considering he's in his own country Qatar. Shouldn't be touching anyone regardless, considering there's COVID about. I do think he's a bit of cnut for not acknowledging the female ref though.
Moron. You literally said exactly what I implied. Are you dense as well?
How thick are you? Everyone deserve their religious beliefs to be respected.
... And right on queue, the moral relativist emerges. You’ve already managed to bore me and I have no idea who you are.

PoTMS

... And right on queue, the moral relativist emerges. You’ve already managed to bore me and I have no idea who you are.
Haha. How did you imply it? And don't tell me it's obvious. Dumb it down for me cos obviously I'm so dense.

JuriM

Sorry I came here for the World Cup discussion, not the middle school bully themed field park.

Denis' cuff

cue

klsv

The female officials were advised not to offer their hand beforehand, so he didn't just snub her there, the official pretty much just walked past him holding her medal.

I did think that it's okay for them to shake a hand of a woman in formal occasions, though, guess I was wrong. Could have just put his hand on his chest to acknowledge her existence.