2024 U.S. Elections

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
As a cave aficionado may I ask who these forward thinking men or women are?
:lol: they don't actually say it but the consequences of what they advocate for amounts to basically the same thing

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Republicans are death star operators, the exhaust hole needs to be hit right now.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
You could say that of DeSantis because he understands the base is still with Trump. The others are completely on their own and most have quietly divested from Trumpism without explicitly announcing it for fear of angering the base. All of these guys are banking on Trump getting indicted and taken off the field of play and don’t want to rock the boat too much until that happens.
I don't see that making a difference, whether Trump gets indicted or not. The current GOP base has only got more radicalized after COVID. Trump didn't create this segment of the population, he just capitalized on an existing segment that has been slowly radicalizing for 15 years.

I also don't buy the GOP primary talk either. Even with Trump gone completely (let's say he dies tomorrow) that base isn't getting any more moderate any time soon. And every candidate knows they have to win and energize that base to win a general election (plus suppression tactics and de-energizing the Dem base). A moderate Republican would just lose more Maga base than they would gain moderates probably at a 2-1, 3-1 ratio at this point.

It's going to take years reverse course there because it wasn't just some Trump phenomenon, it has been building for over a decade and might just culminate in a Jeryd Mencken type.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The gerrymandering of the house seats in North Carolina is the worst news for a while. The new map will take a state that is currently split evenly in voters and seats between the parties and will now go 10-4 or 11-3 to the GOP. Apparently the redistricting has cleared all legal barriers and will happen for the 24 election. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ina-gerrymander-republicans-2024-us-elections
It will mirror the state legislature. This state will likely be blueish in 5-8 years, but the legislature on both state and federal levels will be a red supermajority. Ain’t gerrymandering a bitch.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Sunak, Priti Patel, Suella, Dinesh D Souza, this cnut.. Indian expats are major cnuts ffs
Just like any demographic they're represented across both sides of the political spectrum Keith Vaz, Parmjit Dhanda, Ashok Kumar, Kamala Harris, Ro Khanna etc - it's a long list.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Just like any demographic they're represented across both sides of the political spectrum Keith Vaz, Parmjit Dhanda, Ashok Kumar, Kamala Harris, Ro Khanna etc - it's a long list.
That's a fair point. I'm Indian myself, and I've been quietly seething for a long time at patel and Braverman

Mike Smalling

Trump with an extremely thinly veiled shot at Rob DeSanctimonious. He is absolutely right by the way (ignoring the fact that he has used the term a lot in the past).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So I assume that de Santis has scored some points on being "anti-woke" so they'll just substitute "woke" with another buzzword?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Republicans are death star operators, the exhaust hole needs to be hit right now.

So, the candidate who is more sane than DeSantis/Trump is still just a cartoon villain at the end of the day too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So, the candidate who is more sane than DeSantis/Trump is still just a cartoon villain at the end of the day too.
Is he more Sane ? He seems more like a YouTube parody candidate who has infiltrated the GOP on behalf of the Dems.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You still seem to be struggling to grasp the differences between primaries and general elections.
Well, I actually think it's you who is struggling to grasp who these people really are, but we had our little dance yesterday, no point in a round 2.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He's just pandering to the base, he's actually very moderate.
I've heard him speak, no, i think he 100% doesn't care at all about climate change, at the same time, i dont think he denies it happening either.

So, he is willingly, and knowingly, wanting to make the planet warmer than neccessary.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I've heard him speak, no, i think he 100% doesn't care at all about climate change.

So, essentially a cartoon villain, in my mind.
It was just a silly joke on Raoul. He's an absolute villain.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well, I actually think it's you who is struggling to grasp who these people really are, but we had our little dance yesterday, no point in a round 2.
Nowhere did anyone suggest that any of these guys are good in any way. There are however differences in their various approaches. Maybe you should pay attention to what they are instead attempting to pigeon hole everyone into your quaintly naive one size fits all world view.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Is he more Sane ? He seems more like a YouTube parody candidate who has infiltrated the GOP on behalf of the Dems.
In terms of parodies, you dont get a bigger parody of the republican voter than Trump, can't really top that one.

Though, he isn't joking, so it wasn't really a parody, much like Ramaswamy isn't joking either.

Mike Smalling

The Republican primaries are shaping up to be a shitshow, but they still might win, because the Democrats will run a geriatric that can barely stand up.

Biden might be in a wheelchair before the general election, and I'm only half kidding. How is it possible that none of these parties can conjure up a half-decent candidate?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Nowhere did anyone suggest that any of these guys are good in any way. There are however differences in their various approaches. Maybe you should pay attention to what they are instead attempting to pigeon hole everyone into your quaintly naive one size fits all world view.
Oh I've been paying attention, I would advise you to do the same.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In terms of parodies, you dont get a bigger parody of the republican voter than Trump, can't really top that one.

Though, he isn't joking, so it wasn't really a parody, much like Ramaswamy isn't joking either.
The irony is that Trump isn't really a Republican at all. He's a transactional opportunist who is skilled at manipulating the masses, which is something he's done in business since the early 80s. He just happened to come across a group of people who were so desperate to get back into the White House that he was able to use them to ride into power, and is continuing to lean on them to do it again. Whether that works or not is another matter.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Republican primaries are shaping up to be a shitshow, but they still might win, because the Democrats will run a geriatric that can barely stand up.

Biden might be in a wheelchair before the general election, and I'm only half kidding. How is it possible that none of these parties can conjure up a half-decent candidate?
Sadly, this is the best both parties can come up with. Of the three tangible options, this guy is still far and away the best.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If Biden calls it a day, and dems find a new, younger person to represent, i'm all for it, but it definitely looks like he will be running again, also, the problem with him stepping down is that Harris becomes favorite in the primaries, and judging by her poor performance in 2020 primaries, she might perform worse than Biden in a general, so its not all upsides with him stepping down.

Furthermore, Biden has low approval, but that has been the case for a long while, the thing is, he has low approval among dems, who will ultimately vote for him over the opposition anyway, so its not as bad as it looks on paper.

Mike Smalling

Sadly, this is the best both parties can come up with. Of the three tangible options, this guy is still far and away the best.
Oh, definitely. I'm rooting for Joe. It's just crazy to me that he would even want to run again, given the state he is in, and I'm worried it will get worse to the point where one of the two ding-dongs on the right will win.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Oh, definitely. I'm rooting for Joe. It's just crazy to me that he would even want to run again, given the state he is in, and I'm worried it will get worse to the point where one of the two ding-dongs on the right will win.
Its a sad state of affairs. The Dems have plenty of younger candidates but are beholden to party seniority over competence. At least the Rs are coughing up the next generation to be positioned once Trump goes down.

Mike Smalling

Its a sad state of affairs. The Dems have plenty of younger candidates but are beholden to party seniority over competence. At least the Rs are coughing up the next generation to be positioned once Trump goes down.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't know man, those eyes and the smirk make me think he's already accomplished his first woke mind virus grift.
I see a lot of bong hits, girls, and basketball in Baron's future. The unfortunate offspring of a Cylon and an Orangutang.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Baldwins opponent is just trailing by a point in recent poll, i'm not surprised, Wisconsin is not a state that to trust, in fact, despite being "bluer" than states like Ohio, the margins there might well get almost as close in senate race.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Oh wow :lol:

Although I have to go and take a bath for posting a Laura Loomer Tweet.

Although, Ron is definitely not a RINO which is clearly what Trump is getting at here.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
You still seem to be struggling to grasp the differences between primaries and general elections.
I see no evidence it's going to change in the general election. No GOP candidate wins a national general election without turning out that MAGA base. Trump didn't moderate himself in either 2016 or 2020.

I see no indication that any GOP candidate would suddenly drop their anti-woke gameplan just because it's a general election simply because they can't afford the MAGA base staying home. And that base will stay home more than moderate independents might suddenly switch to De Santis suddenly spewing less radical rhetoric in a general election. Between COVID and the SCOTUS disrupting Roe v Wade, they know the only way to win the general election is turning out their base plus voter suppression and de-energizing the Dem base.