2024 U.S. Elections

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
please make it stop....please. ......oh god please.

Hamnat

It's a good thing. He will grift MAGA money as per usual. GOP will flail and infight. And he will lose.

atkar83

Did he say anything to top 'They were rapists, though I'm sure some were ok people' line? You figure he wants to get his name out there again, no better way then saying outrageous things that the news will echo for you for weeks on end

Blood Mage

Not good when you consider there's plenty of time for Biden to get even more senile before the election. Trump should have no chance but Biden is a massive liability.

A 2nd Trump presidency will be disastrous for the US and the world.

frostbite

I hope DeSantis will also declare soon. Trump vs DeSantis will be fun!

mu4c_20le

I hope with everything in me that he primaries against DeSantis and it rips the GOP asunder
He'll probably step aside, he's still young and has a bright future ahead of him. And somebody has to be the adult in the room..

RedDevilQuebecois

The only thing I now hope is that riots will break on every night and in every place where he will hold a political rally. That fat POS deserves to see the hate a lot closer and more personal than ever before.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think the GOP establishment who want rid of Trump will wait to announce any candidates (including DeSantis) out of hope Trump will either be indicted or continue losing control of the GOP base. Murdoch has already kicked him to the curb, so it will be hard for Trump to communicate with R voters without the Fox News machine behind him this time. It will be doubly hard if Murdoch uses his apparatus to back DeSantis (which is what appears to be happening now).

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I can see one of two things happening. The party simply fall in line behind him, and hopefully lose in 2024. Or the GOP actively look to quicken in the background the numerous investigations into him in the hope that he has to pull out. They then use him as a martyr to launch their actual candidate. Though best thing for America would be total in fighting in the GOP, and the party is splits and is forced to move towards the middle.

edcunited1878

It'll be interesting to see who the incumbent party nominates. Biden's having trouble getting his policies across, but he's also been stymied by Russia, inflation, and Trump enacted policies which have been activated throughout his (Biden's) term.

I don't think Biden has the energy, focus, or will to finish out his current term then try to run it back again. That's a massive ask for someone of ilk (all things considered).

And if the Democratic party has a polemic candidate such as Gavin Newsom, then it's another toss up for the Presidency. Newsom isn't going to win if he gains the D nomination. No California governor since Regan has won...and Regan was a Republican.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

The United

If the FL guy doesn't come in, GOP will just quickly fall in line behind him.

sport2793

Underestimate him at your own peril, that's all I'll say. It's not like the base got smarter overnight.

SinNombre

Biden might have his senile moments but he has been a lot better President than most, and American history will look back at his tenure fondly given how the US did relatively.

He inherited a Covid mess from Trump, and China was the supposed model for recovery from Covid, and those tables have completely flipped over the next 2 years where the US economy (especially jobs) has been more robust than every other major economy.

Putin and Russia have been weakened and the US' actions in Ukraine have been a geopolitical masterclass.

Biden has appointed more federal judges than any president since JFK at this point in his tenure, and has course corrected a lot of inaction from the Obama years on what actually matters in terms of social justice.

And this mid-term performance is the best in almost 30 years for an incumbent, if you exclude Bush 2002 for obvious reasons.
Quoting myself from the other thread but if Biden wants it, he gets the nomination and with inflation slowing down, he will get decent support.

atkar83

Underestimate him at your own peril, that's all I'll say. It's not like the base got smarter overnight.
That base got older and covid went through it. Plus its not getting its dopamine (?) fix from his non-stop Twitter outbursts. He's sort of on the outside looking in when it comes to social media so his reach has diminished

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This is what I wanted, but now he's announced there's a small part of me that's terrified he will win it. 2 years is a long time in politics and plenty of time for the Dems to mess up. But hopefully also plenty of time for Trump to go to jail as well!