23 years ago today

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
There's a reason why this hasn't been done since, and no Liverpool haven't done it and won't do it this season.

Don't care about your 100 points when every team has surrendered the game before you even step on the pitch.

fergies coat

15 years old. I remember I was crying at around the 89th minute mark. Three minutes later I was jumping around the living room like a lunatic.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was pandemonium when the second goal went in. My Spurs supporting Dad swung his arms back to celebrate and accidentally smashed a glass. I ran around the house and got carpet burn on my knees from copying Ole's celebration in my living room.

Leg-End

As far as football moments go this won’t ever be topped, what a feeling.

Red Royal

What a game, what an end to the game the season and an amazing treble. Remember it like it was just a few seasons ago... 23 years Jeez.

Oranges038

Never have I experienced such despair and joy in 3 minutes, in that order.

Robertd0803

Its how it was done is why it will never be topped. Someone else might equal it at some point but it wont have the sheer drama and emotion of that night. Never.

(And screw that FA Cup game vs Portsmouth in 2008 :mad: or we would have had another Treble anniversary to celebrate a few days ago).

Chairman Steve

I remember jumping on the family sofa with my older brother who is also a Utd fan like maniacs when 2-1 happened.

It was quite amazing how fast it all went and how everything after that was a fecking blur. I didn’t know for years that they actually kicked off again after 2-1, when their players were completely out of it on the floor.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My memory of this includes the lead up. Back when teletext was a thing, itv had a sports page where people wrote in with their views. Every knockout match, people wrote in that ‘Inter will expose Fergie and United’ and then it was Juventus and finally Bayern.

About the Match I don’t remember much aside from Bayern hitting the bar and their goal up until the last minutes. I remember the Teddy goal going in and I’m screaming and running around the house. I come back down and ole has scored and I wasn’t sure if I was watching the reply for 1-1 or not. When I realised I went around the house screaming.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ah! They can never take this feeling away. What a night. Best feeling ever.

grahamo

Watched it in a pub in Dublin. When Sheringham scored the place went crazy. I've never seen anything like it. There were people on tables and running up and down on the bar. We were still going crazy when the 2nd goal went in. What a night!

Corridor of Uncertainty

I remember watching this as a 13 year old in a pub with my dad. I'll always remember the scenes when we won - one guy who had a prosthetic leg took it off and was waving it about in the air above the bar

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Went nuts in a San Fran pub with total strangers. Still keep in contact with some to this day.

CarbonStoolBites

The greatest football moment we’ll ever experience , if you were old enough you will know, pure ecstasy.
Other club fans will never understand what was it like.
Not the strongest United side I’ve seen, that was the 2007-2009 team, but certainly the most special, what a season.

Kaos

I was crying when we were looking like losing, my dad thought he did me a favour by turning it off and tucking me into bed :mad:

James35

I went straight out to a nightclub after the match to celebrate, started my new job at 8am the following day. Needless to say I didn’t give the best first impressions!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I was 13 at the time, so even though it was great, I could never really appreciate the night.
As much as we all would love to shave some years off our lives, for that day I wish I were an adult

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
What an achievement. Also reminds me of one of my favourite quotes in football (paraphrased below) -

Ole: ‘I was excited to come on and play half an hour of a Champions League final.’

Todd

I was 17 years old and raced home from school so I could watch. At the time, it wasn't a super widespread thing that you could watch European football matches in the USA, so it was a very big deal that I was going to be able to watch the match (for comparison's sake, there was zero chance of finding EPL matches on TV in the USA back then).

Irwin99

Easily the greatest football achievement by any English side. What a team :devil:

Big Andy

Bloke
Its how it was done is why it will never be topped. Someone else might equal it at some point but it wont have the sheer drama and emotion of that night. Never.

(And screw that FA Cup game vs Portsmouth in 2008 :mad: or we would have had another Treble anniversary to celebrate a few days ago).
Look at the treble as a whole, there were numerous times it could've been over before it even got going.

Drew first 2 games in the the league
FA Cup vs Liverpool, 2 goals in the last few minutes
FA Cup vs Arsenal, penalty save in injury time, down to 10 men, THAT goal
Champions League vs Juve home, last minute equaliser
Champions League vs Juve away - 2-0 down, and won 3-2
Champions League Final, obviously.
drew 3 league games on the bounce to let Arsenal go 3 points ahead in May.
1-0 down last day of the season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Look at the treble as a whole, there were numerous times it could've been over before it even got going.

It’s all shit, we didn’t have 92 points.

Robertd0803

Yeah it was just a one of a kind season with so many moments like that.

Its funny because the game I was more worried about was the FA Cup final, I had the horrible feeling we would take our eyes off it and be focused only on the CL final afterwards. Knew we would win the CL up until Bayern scored and then started doubting.

pastyfool

Great footage. Thanks for sharing the link.

I watched the game in a pub in Holborn. That whole season was so special. That night was the sweetest icing on the cake. Still get goose bumps.