25 years ago today

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Great player, but overrated
Great player yeah, but was never talked about as a demigod in here before he retired. One of the best long ball passer ever though.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Great player yeah, but was never talked about as a demigod in here before he retired. .
Trust me he was... Because he is.

When he was playing we all regarded him as a genius and legend.

TheReligion

Abusive
Phenomenal player. Admired and studied by Xavi and Iniesta by their own admission. Doesn't get the praise he deserves as he's called Paul and from Salford. Totally mismanaged internationally too.

Only player from the PL era anywhere near him for me is Xabi Alonso.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well he was a great player and he is overrated. Didn't have time to do a thesis sorry
In what way do you find him overrated?

He was the total package of a midfielder.
I personally preferred the latter part of his career as the DLP. People just couldn’t get close to him.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
In what way do you find him overrated?

He was the total package of a midfielder.
I personally preferred the latter part of his career as the DLP. People just couldn’t get close to him.
He was certainly one of the best midfielders in the PL era. I wouldn't however rank him alongside the likes of Xavi and Iniesta, as many do. They were a level above

Trezeguet17

Criminally underrated outside of United during his active days but i have to say the hype around him after his retirement is going a bit too far.
Comparing him with Xavi Iniesta Zidane is ridiculous.

Josh 76

Great player, but overrated
I don't agree with your opinion , but I do understand what you are saying. He was usually the best player on the pitch without ever catching the eye as some players do. Was more rated from the players he played with and against than people that just watched him play.

Scholesgoals

Such a pleasure watching him play, the goals were incredible but for me it was his passing and anticipation of players around him that i loved the most. I miss watching him play football so much!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Kept going on high level for so many years it's ridiculous. Not many United players I could call a truly great servant for the club, but he was always there when team needed his spark. Semi final against Barca 2008 was one of many obvious ones.

Superb midfielder on his own, but playing him behind striker in near 2003 was purest gold to watch.

Kweku Amonoo

My favourite United player of all time. To say he wasn't on the level of Xavi and Iniesta is madness. Cos he absolutely was. The players themselves have alluded to that. He would've been worshipped in Spain.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
On here certainly, and many pundits do too.

There's also the perception he played a similar role as Xavi and Iniesta his entire career, which again is incorrect.
I see.

Iniesta and xavi played their whole prime careers in a system that perfectly suited them.

I wonder how xavi would have done in an English 442?

For me Scholes could have played in that Barca team and he wouldn’t of looked out of place whatsoever.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Criminally underrated outside of United during his active days but i have to say the hype around him after his retirement is going a bit too far.
Comparing him with Xavi Iniesta Zidane is ridiculous.
Except Xavi and Zidane themselves did it. And said he was better.

cyberman

I hear it's possible to praise Scholes without asking if he was overrated. Literally the only player I consistently see debated like this and on a Utd forum as well

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
The thing about these great players is their consistency. He performed at the highest club level for his whole career in a tough league pretty much every match. As a result that's the expectation we place on Pogba.