6 realistic signings to improve us?

Zlatattack

Ryan Fraser/Zaha
Christian Eriksen
Maddison/Doucure
Digne

4/5 players would fix a lot of holes in our teams and are premier league proven. I think we should be making attempts for the ones in bold this Jan and then summer.

M16Red

RW - Samuel Chukwueze
CM - John McGinn
DM - Florian Grllitsch
Changing this again;
DM - Doucouré
AM - Matheus Pereira
FC - Myron Boadu (11 goals, 5 assets) 18 years old

Fosu-Mens

Pellegrini CM/CAM £25m clause
Ake CB £50m (should have bought him during the summer)
Zyiech RW/CAM £40m

All players with the technical ability needed to play a more possession-oriented style of play and not dependent on space to function, none of them have any major weaknesses like Maguire's lack of mobility or AWB inability to perform in the attack. Players that would be useful for our next manager that hopefully will prefer to play a more relevant type of football.

Hawks2008

Longstaff *2, Rice, Solanke, new Lingard contract... Cantwell is actually not that bad as a role player tbh as he seems to be very similar to T. Muller in his space interpretation aka Raumdeuter.
Yeah in fairness Cantwell look an ok prospect but it's still his first PL season and right now isn't good enough for what we need. Definitely one to follow though.

Strelok

says for summer though
I think it actually says the chance to sign him in the summer is bigger.

"EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United have made James Maddison one of their top January transfer targets and are willing to offer Jesse Lingard as part of the deal."

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Franck Kessie: AC Milan are currently stuck in limbo as a club going nowhere, they have spent quite a bit of money with little result, and they would ideally need to sell some players for another attempt at a rebuild. Kessie could be just the kind of physical industrious presence we need in CM. Also box to box so has a good amount of technical ability.

Ibrahim Sangare: Toulouse are currently battling relegation and offering refunds to season ticket holders as we speak, however Sangare still represents their biggest asset and at 21/22 and around 6'4 with good sound technical ability would provide us with a very good prospect who is physically ready for the EPL now but would require a little refining in terms of issues such an occasionally too languid first touch. However his passing and dribbling ability plus his physical attributes would make him a very astute signing who with the right guidance could become a top CM as a deep lying playmaker around 24-26 years old and has enough to make him a very good asset in the meanwhile.

Wout Weghorst: If there is one thing we most definitely lack up front at the moment its a penalty box presence, the type who comes alive in the final 3rd but who you might not see too much of before scoring a goal, unless you are keeping an eye on the runs he makes. For me Weghorst is that type of player and would provide us with the kind of physical presence in the final third that we passed up when we didn't go for Sebastian Haller (still a very good player despite some difficult spells this season) for all the forwards we have in the squad we lack a striker worthy of the name - somebody who simply tries to put the ball in the back of the net by any means necessary - Weghorst for me could be that man for us and that ability combined with his defensive contribution is why I would sign him.

Last edited:

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I think it actually says the chance to sign him in the summer is bigger.

"EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United have made James Maddison one of their top January transfer targets and are willing to offer Jesse Lingard as part of the deal."
How shall we be able to resist that deal?

Maajid

Formerly Mad

Didn't want to post it in the transfer tweets forum because it's not strictly a transfer tweet but this made me laugh :lol:

Bratt

Werner (or Jimenez), Rabiot (for Pogba), Grealish.

I would be happy with this, and none of them seems completely unrealistic imo.

The Irish Connection

CM - Kalvin Phillips/Soumaré
10 - Grealish/Hwang
RW - Traoré

All these are young, hungry and wouldn’t mind rotating. As long as wolves don’t demand too much for traore.

I would like us to look at Camavinga too. Looks a great tackler in midfield and only 16.

enurs

Joshua King can hold the ball, his fast, strong and would fit our team with the right mentality. King can score 10-15 goals for us as a sub and rotation player.
I would take him, only problem his injured :)

JK-27

The fact people are wanting Grealish to join us shows how far this club has fallen. And how this club will never regain it's status if we have players like Grealish at the club.

Fecking shambles.

M16Red

The fact people are wanting Grealish to join us shows how far this club has fallen. And how this club will never regain it's status if we have players like Grealish at the club.

Fecking shambles.
6 goals and 5 assets this year more than all three of our number 10's.

It's posts like this actually wind me up, because you say "how far the club has fallen" yet fail to give one player to this thread.

Fecking shambles of keystrokes writing that crap.

JK-27

6 goals and 5 assets this year more than all three of our number 10's.

It's posts like this actually wind me up, because you say "how far the club has fallen" yet fail to give one player to this thread.

Fecking shambles of keystrokes writing that crap.
I don't have the crayons to be able to explain to you in a format you'd understand how feeble your post is.

M16Red

I don't have the crayons available, to be able to explain to you in a format you'd understand how feeble your post is.
Sorry I had to edit this.

So you just say Grealish isn't good enough, who is in your opinion?

Edy2

Fecking shambles.
We can't attract a better calibre of player at the moment so the likes of him will have to do for now to help to get us to a position where we are more of an attractive proposition for better players.

Edy2

That or sort our scouting network out but I've been advocating this for years but it's still so so poor compared to some teams.

C'est Moi Cantona

My guess for our 3 summer signings -
Maddison
Moussa Dembele
Declan Rice
With no one in January, no doubt all for £200 million, and dragged out all summer, with Pogba been sold to keep the net spend under £80 million.

I don't disagree btw, it's just so depressing that this is how we'll likely do things, all the skill and finesse of an elephant on roller-skates.

Dve

I don´t know how realistic it is in this window, but my wet dream would be

Maddison
Berge
Sancho

Alabaster Codify7

There are an incredible number of players that would improve us. Almost unlimited in certain positions. But we will sign Sean fecking Longstaff (who isn't one of the ones that would improve us) or nobody because we are a disgraceful shambles.