6 realistic signings to improve us?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Personally I don't think he'd join us - not until we're competing again.
That's what I think. I just think Man Utd need to show some coherence in the side because year to year as an outsider you look like a mess. Can't get a manager + transfer policy sorted out and the direction of the club looks totally haphazard and I can't see why he'd want to leave Dortmund for you before he can see that getting sorted out or at the very least looking like it's going in the right direction. Making CL should be a minimum.

meninred

Madison guy from Leicester.. seems ok though I didnot see him enough.

Relfy

We need a DM, CM and RW to get back competing.

RW - Sancho
DM - Rice
CM - Van De Beek

Sancho will cost a bomb but could be the player that actually adds so much we can compete again.

Rice, though maybe more of a destroyer would fit the current transfer strategy of being british and young.

Van De Beek looked very good last year and shouldn't cost too much. I haven't watched a huge amount of European football this past year so there may well be better options out there.

Dream signing would be Kante which might be possible if chelsea have a stinker this year and we prove ourselves to being close to challenging again.

Son

1. Sancho
2. Van De Beek
3. Maddison

New CDM destroyer too

Next summer. Get it done Ed!

Mylock

Attacking Midfielder - James Maddison or
Houssem Aouar
Right Midfielder - Jadon Sancho (Brooke if we can't get sancho)
Defensive Midfielder - We should look at giving Garner and Tuanzebe some game time as the DM this season and see how they perform. There are not too many stand out options who are attainable at the moment.
Left Back - I would like to see Williams/Laird challenge Shaw this season, both look outstanding prospects.

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Rice
Maddison
Sancho

(I also include Ben Chilwell)

De Gea (Romero)

AWB (Dalot)
Slabhead (Smalling)
Lindelof(Jones)
Chilwell(Shaw)

Rice (Mc Tominay)
Maddison (Pereira)
Pogba (Fred)

Sancho (Mata)
Martial (Greenwood)
Rashford (Chong)

JoaquinJoaquin

No, Rodri is not the same as them. Rodri was signed from another club, and was only there for a small time.
And? He was still very happy at the club and wasn't looking to actively leave. Thomas isn't good enough anyways for what we are trying to achieve.

Ace of Spades

And? He was still very happy at the club and wasn't looking to actively leave. Thomas isn't good enough anyways for what we are trying to achieve.
He was not that attached to the club and was not opposed to leaving if the right offer came. It is not comparable to the other two, who are die hard fans of the club, and have signed long contracts with huge release clauses.

Partey is fine, and affordable. He may not be great on the ball, but he can be a great partner for Pogba, especially if our RW and AM are better, the balance of the team will be better.

Macedonian Red

Sancho
Van de Beek
Chilwel or Reguilon
Neves

And Cebalos + cash for Pogba if he leaves fot R. Madrid next summer.

Ballist1x

Why dont we try to buy players like Vinicious Jnr. Or Rodrygo?

I mean our scouting network in South America are at least paid to look at up and coming players right ?

But hey what do I know.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Get some real midfielders who are good on the ball and creative, tired of our midfield, Pogba is the only one who deserves to start for this club based on ability

Fer

We need a DM, CAM and RW.

Sancho is the best option for the right wing, but if we are going to spend a lot of money to buy him, then we should try to sign Eriksen for free. It's going to be difficult if we want Sancho and someone like Havertz or even Maddison.

What kind of player do you prefer next to Pogba? a destroyer or a deep-lying playmaker?

Macedonian Red

Timo Werner has 30m release clause. Even with Sancho we stil need forward for depth our attack and Werner for 30m in winter break when its dificult to buy players is great oportunity. What is your opinion?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
A DOF/Technical Director, a new general manager, and a new head of scout would be a good start.

Fer

De Gea
Wan Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
Tonali
Havertz
- Pogba
Sancho - Martial - Rashford
If we can't sign Sancho and Havertz, then Ziyech and Van de Beek would be cheaper alternatives.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We need a left back who can cross, a ball playing CB who is also good in the air and doesn't shit the bed under press, 2 new midfielders (one defensive one offensive), and a new pacey right winger. Here's 5 for each position. I'll try to keep it realistic. Add a new striker to that if Martial and Rashford aren't delivering.

LB: Lucas Digne, Ben Chilwell, Alejandro Grimaldo, Aaron Martin, Marvin Plattenhardt
CB: Toby Alderweireld, Milan Skriniar, Stefan de Vrij, Nathan Ake, Matthias Ginter
CM: Ruben Neves, Wilfred Ndidi, Thomas Partey, Marcelo Brozovic, Lorenzo Pellegrini
AM: James Maddison, Christian Eriksen, Bruno Fernandes, Kai Havertz, Donny van de Beek
RW: Jadon Sancho, Hirving Lozano, Cristian Pavon, Felipe Anderson, Leon Bailey

MassiveMorgan

With Pogba sure to leave now, and with the team struggling to be mid table under Ole, I’d say we can only look for players who aren’t planning to be in the Champions League. Maddison, Neves and Ndidi should be priorities but expect Longstaff to be no.1 target for no reason I can say at all.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We need a left back who can cross, a ball playing CB who is also good in the air and doesn't shit the bed under press, 2 new midfielders (one defensive one offensive), and a new pacey right winger. Here's 5 for each position. I'll try to keep it realistic. Add a new striker to that if Martial and Rashford aren't delivering.

LB: Lucas Digne, Ben Chilwell, Alejandro Grimaldo, Aaron Martin, Marvin Plattenhardt
CB: Toby Alderweireld, Milan Skriniar, Stefan de Vrij, Nathan Ake, Matthias Ginter
CM: Ruben Neves, Wilfred Ndidi, Thomas Partey, Marcelo Brozovic, Lorenzo Pellegrini
AM: James Maddison, Christian Eriksen, Bruno Fernandes, Kai Havertz, Donny van de Beek
RW: Jadon Sancho, Hirving Lozano, Cristian Pavon, Felipe Anderson, Leon Bailey
Lozano has just joined Naples this window, so he won't be moving yet.

R'hllor

We wont improve by just signing players, quality ones or not, at least not to reach level we want.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ruben Neves dropped another crap performance against Everton to continue his run of crap performances which have been a running theme for over a year now. So can the people who have selected Neves as one of the 3 signings, tell me the reasoning behind his inclusion in your 3 player list?

I'm actually baffled to see why so many want him when he's been so utterly underwhelming in the EPL.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The players I would go for in January

Ryan Fraser - he's heading towards his last months of contract. With him in the team we can afford moving Martial permanently upfront
Eriksen/Bruno Fernandes
Rice