6 realistic signings to improve us?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sancho is without doubt the player who would be top priority if I were in charge. He's absolutely perfect for us.

Then I think we need a playmaking Cm so I've heard that Aounas (?) is one of the brightest talents so possibly him. Although if there's a deep lying playmaker available we may also for one but I'm not aware of many. Not very impressed by neves who appears to be a good passer but weak in other aspects.

Finally, an attacking midfielder to link play with the attack, I guess Maddison? Are there any ones that would be absolutely top class soon, apart form Havertz?

Champagne Football

Guess we'll know by the end of the season if Longstaff or McGinn is the better option.

Maddison and Sancho sounds like the final piece to the jigsaw

fps

Jadon Sancho
Declan Rice
Rodrigo Bentancur (Juve have SO many midfielders, that I put this in the possible category)

Macern

Pee pee pants
Ruben Neves - would allow us to play 433, which will be necessary against top teams and in Europe, without having to use Matic.

Sancho - No-brainer solution to our right wing issue.

Havertz - The best realistic #10 signing? Don’t think I’ve even watched him so going by what I’ve read.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Sancho is without doubt the player who would be top priority if I were in charge. He's absolutely perfect for us.

Then I think we need a playmaking Cm so I've heard that Aounas (?) is one of the brightest talents so possibly him. Although if there's a deep lying playmaker available we may also for one but I'm not aware of many. Not very impressed by neves who appears to be a good passer but weak in other aspects.

Finally, an attacking midfielder to link play with the attack, I guess Maddison? Are there any ones that would be absolutely top class soon, apart form Havertz?
A playmaking CM? To play next to Pogba? Even non-league teams would overrun our midfield.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Eriksen - we've got a yeat to convince him that his future lies at United before he leaves for Madrid.

Pjanic - I'd gladly watch Ed blow an entire summer's transfer budget on him alone

Sancho - would fit in well with the young team Ole is building. Although signing him may stunt Greenwood's growth somewhat.

wolvored

I think 2 would do. A DM and a RW. If Pogba went we may need the 3rd.

buckooo1978

in terms of priorities I'd rank them

1. CDM/DLP
2. RW
3. LB

hard to disagree with some names (Sancho, Neves) but not crazy about others

next summer will be nuts....

we will hopefully have Garner and Laird ready to step up to the senior squad. Potentially we will need to address the issues we have as well as replace Pogba, De Gea, Matic and Sanchez

Hackman2210

Sancho - £100mill plus. I don’t see it. We’ve been burnt twice already by Dortmund players. Let’s see what greenwood can do first.

Last edited by a moderator:

SAFMUTD

Its very early to call for signings for next summer but to go along with it I think we'll definately need at least one RW and one CDM. Also depending on whether Gomes and Greenwood can claim a spot as squad players at least as CM and ST, we may need to fullfil those positions as well.

I'll go with:

RW: Sancho
CDM: Partey
CM: Pellegrini

beingshe7don

CM - Bruno (55 - 60m)
DM - Partey (50m)
RW - I would really like Sancho but he's easily gonna be worth 100m. I think we'll be priced out. Bruma (not a popular choice) is only 24 and he's rapid. He just moved to PSV and I think he may have a good season at PSV. He wouldn't be a bad punt at say (45m). His style of play reminds me of Mane (at Southampton).

worldinmotion66

How can we know what's realistic by next summer? We could win the treble or finish 10th and could arguably lose our two best players next summer as well. The better question would probably be which three positions are we weakest in.

Dante

Average bang
3?

I'll give you 2.

Neves
Sancho

That'd give us the following squad for 2020/21

DDG/Romero
AWB/Laird
Maguire/Jones
Lindelof/Tuanzebe
Shaw/Dalot

McTominay/Fred
Neves/Garner

Pogba/Gomes
Sancho/Lingard
Rashford/James

Martial/Greenwood

Sell Matic, Mata, Darmian, Rojo, Smalling, Sanchez

That's a fantastic first XI with a great mixture of youth/experience as squad options. Maybe it's a bit soon for Garner/Gomes, but that'd just mean a 1 year extension for Matic/Mata.

If Pogba goes, buy Maddison with the money.

Otherwise, a PL and CL challenging side.

EDIT: And if it's too early for Laird, give Young a 1 year extension.

Last edited:

beingshe7don

3?

I'll give you 2.

Neves
Sancho

DDG/Romero
AWB/Laird
Maguire/Jones
Lindelof/Tuanzebe
Shaw/Dalot

McTominay/Fred
Neves/Garner

Pogba/Gomes
Sancho/Lingard
Rashford/James

Martial/Greenwood

That's a fantastic first XI with a great mixture of youth/experience as squad options. Maybe it's a bit soon for Garner/Gomes, but that'd just mean a 1 year extension for Matic/Mata.

Otherwise, A PL and CL challenging side.
Wolves don't need to sell. Neves will cost about 90m himself (eventhough he's worth 55m max). Sancho will cost easily another 100m. I don't see us spending 200m. Pogba is playing a lot deeper in the current setup. Maddison is a No. 10, it's not a good replacement unless you're thinking of changing our style of play with a No. 10.

Lynty

3?

I'll give you 2.

Neves
Sancho

DDG/Romero
AWB/Laird
Maguire/Jones
Lindelof/Tuanzebe
Shaw/Dalot

McTominay/Fred
Neves/Garner

Pogba/Gomes
Sancho/Lingard
Rashford/James

Martial/Greenwood

Otherwise, A PL and CL challenging side.
Pogba isn't gonna be here next season mate

Edit: Didn't see the second part.

Canagel

We need 4 signings not 3.
2 CM (one DM, one creative) , RW and LB should be the priorities.

Mainoldo

Realistic:

Digne (Shaw gets worse by game)
Eriksen (Spain don’t want you Fam)
Sancho (Number 7 or 11 shirt is waiting for him)

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I genuinely think Angel Gomes is going to be the missing link that we need in midfield. Him and Pogba together would be sublime.

steve.crowford

David de Gea(Sergio Romero)
LB-Luke Shaw(Ashley Young);CB-Harry Maguire(Chris Smalling),Victor Lindelöf(Eric Bailly) RB-Aaron Wan-Bissaka(Diogo Dalot)+ CB-Axel Tuanzebe
DM:Pioter Zielenski(Nemanja Matic), Scott McTominay(Hamed Junior Traorè)
AM:Paul Pogba(Juan Mata)
LW:Marcus Rashford(Daniel James)
RW:Suso(Tahith Chong)
ST:Anthony Martial(Mason Greenwood)

OUT: Marcos Rojo(15mln); Phil Jones(20mln); Matteo Darmian(Free); Timothy Fosu-Mensah(5mln);Fred(20mln);Andreas Pereira(15mln);
Alexis Sánchez(20mln); Jesse Lingard(20mln) +-115mln.

So Pioter Zielenski(50mln), Hamed Junior Traorè(25mln), Suso(35mln) +-110 vs Ndidi(50mln),Neves(80mln),Sancho(100) +-230

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Jimmy Garner will be 19 next season and I feel he will be played in a pivot next season.

Angel Gomes is also someone that can play in a variety of roles centrally and is technically outstanding. He could be the reason we steer clear of the likes of Kai Havertz.

At this moment in time I'm thinking we only need two players for next season to make us a very strong team. I'd go for Jadon Sancho and a quality midfielder with mobility.

Ballist1x

Who's contract expires next year...

Timo Werner available for free.

Eriksen.

Then just sign a CDM and we are golden.

Easy.

davidmichael

I think if we’re sticking with 4-2-3-1 then we need a better left back or one to at least push Shaw so Young is never an option, an out and out defensive midfielder who’s full of energy so Matic is never an option and a genuine right sided attacker so Mata is never an option.

Who could upgrade us is hard apart from picking Sancho for the right sided attacker as there’s not outstanding options really out there for what we need. You could make a case for Rice from West Ham simply because he fits the type of player and character Ole wants as is Ndidi from Leicester. I think a left back is hard to choose but I’ve heard great things about young Brandon Williams and we could do worse than give him a run in cup games.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kai Havertz is too good for Manchester United? nah man, we've not fallen that far down
Just personal opinion but I think Havertz is going to be one of the most wanted footballers in all of Europe. Not sure United will be able to compete for him if all the other clubs will be after him.

Bwuk

Think it’s quite obvious we could do with another creative midfielder to help when teams park the bus, a left back as Shaw is painfully average and a right sided forward.

Sancho - fits the young British mould we seem to be going for.

Eriksen - on a free. A bit of experience to a young side and Sancho will cost a lot of £££.

Lucas Digne - probably expensive but is the right age profile if we think Williams/Laird could break through.

Njord

If we go by the team that played Chelsea I'd say CM, AM and RW are the three weakest positions.
As the season progress McTominay/Fred, Gomes/Pereira and/or Greenwood/James might have made these positions their own and we might be screaming for a left back or a striker instead.

But if I had to pick today I'd go for:

Ndidi
Havertz
Sancho

That would give us a young, athletic team without any real weaknesses: DDG, AWB, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw, Ndidi, Pogba, Sancho, Havertz, Rashford, Martial.

Joseunited

Greenwood is naturally two footed, he can make the RW slot his own,Garner in central midfield and Gomes slotting in behind the striker.

RedDevilRoshi

Kante, Sancho, Alex Sandro/another LB that I'm forgetting?

Perhaps someone like Thiago Alcantara if he wanted to come here to go and mix with McSauce, Pogba and well, Kante if he signed instead of Alex Sandro and we can put up with Shaw but I feel like if we got Kante then the midfield would sort itself out and we need a better left back than Shaw.

Don't think there are any available, realistic strikers out there.

--------------De Gea---------------
--AWB - Lindelof -- Maguire - LB--
-------Kante - McTominay---------
----Sancho - Pogba - Martial------
--------------Rashford--------------

With that front four interchanging positions and Martial moving up to make a front two at times whilst Pogba and Sancho float around.

Unless Chelsea were wanting to get rid of him which is very unlikely, especially selling him to a rival. Kante is no way a realistic target to get. Would be awesome though but unrealistic to happen.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Unless Chelsea were wanting to get rid of him which is very unlikely, especially selling him to a rival. Kante is no way a realistic target to get. Would be awesome though but unrealistic to happen.
Chelsea don't strike me as the type of club that put up that much of a fuss if a bid is tabled that suits them.

passing-wind

It largely depends on the system, if Solskjaer's playing the double pivot midfield next season (if not sacked) then you need a more defensive midfielder alongside Pogba someone like Ndidi or Partey.

If it's a 4-3-3 then I'd personally look towards Neves and Longstaff. If Pogba is to leave then Saul is ideally the closest to replicate his influence. A midfielder that can bring goals and influence the patterns of play.

The club 100% should be signing a midfielder in January.