30 year reunion

Doracle

How many players got winners medals for that first premier league? A bit of a shame more of them couldn’t make it but great to see the 9 who could together.

Loon

:lol:
Remember it wasn't even medals they got for that first premier league, it was a mini premier league trophy (no kidding).

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I only found out this weekend that Darren Ferguson has somehow become manager of Peterborough for the fourth time.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Remember it wasn't even medals they got for that first premier league, it was a mini premier league trophy (no kidding).
Simpler times. Giggsy was there from the start to the end, what a complete legend. The biggest in our history!

wolvored

Sparky taking the dirty City dirham still disappoints me. He’s as Red as they come and was a colossal player for us in that era where we were trying to re-establish ourselves as the preeminent club in English football. His achievements here are historical yet all I can see every time I see his face is his treachery bringing that mob to Old Trafford when trying to usurp us.

Maybe if they were relegation fodder when he managed them and not a threat, I mightn’t mind so much but that 2009-12 United-City rivalry was really becoming a serious one and Hughes was, regrettably, their face of it.
He didnt retire at Utd, he was deemed surplus to requirement and was sold. In fact he was sold twice. Why wouldnt you take the City job if offered with all the perks with it? I read he was a Chelsea supporter anyway, so Utd were only his employers.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
How many players got winners medals for that first premier league? A bit of a shame more of them couldn’t make it but great to see the 9 who could together.
You had to make 10 appearances to get the medal in those days but they changed it now for the benefit of sub keepers etc

I remember Dion Dublin just missed out with 8 appearances but Fergie pushed the FA to give him one anyway

Elcabron

I used to be able to remember every game from that season for years afterwards. Can hardly remember who we played last now :lol:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I used to be able to remember every game from that season for years afterwards. Can hardly remember who we played last now :lol:
Yep same here, I only remember odd snippets now, even of more recent games, but I guess when you've watched kike a 1000 games over the years that's inevitable

Elcabron

Yep same here, I only remember odd snippets now, even of more recent games, but I guess when you've watched kike a 1000 games over the years that's inevitable
Very true. Also throwing it away the season before then signing Cantina and winning it finally made it unforgettable. Amazing pool then went longer without winning it than we did, who'd have thunk it.

Moriarty

I remember Dion Dublin just missed out with 8 appearances but Fergie pushed the FA to give him one anyway
I remember Big Ron asking if Robbo got a medal and then beaming with delight when told that he had. Dion was dead unlucky with that leg injury. Nice bloke.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Players missing:

giggs - lying low for obvious reasons
Ince - could have joined them today
Schmeichel - no idea where is he
Bruce - is he managing some team currently?
Kanchelskis - being russian
Cantona - ???
Kanchelkis is Ukrainian.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I remember Big Ron asking if Robbo got a medal and then beaming with delight when told that he had. Dion was dead unlucky with that leg injury. Nice bloke.
I actually happened to be at Old Trafford on the day Dion Dublin signed - he was just wandering around the forecourt and I still have his signature in my old autograph book!

Red For Ever

Do you feel the same way about Dennis Law or Brian Kidd or Peter Schemicael?
In some respects yes, but all were fantastic at United.

Kidd was quite critical of United, Scheimical took the P**s on the pitch
Scheimecal still refers to United as "US" or "WE" so he seems to feel OT was his real home, not heard him say that about City, maybe I missed that.
Law however was always very respectful, and looked heartbroken when he scored " That Goal " but he just was doing his job as he should have
And it was not the decisive goal anyway, certainly not the way the press pushed it, United were relegated irrespective of Laws's goal.

There is no formula on how you view ex and retired players, it's your own feelings based on how you saw it at the time,
We see it as a permanent Bond when we have a new Hero, now more than ever, especially those not born near by, its a job,
they do the best they can, but if they played for someone else., they would ( and should ) do the best they can.

I'm from the era where I watched Kidd live on the pitch, ( along with Best and Charlton and others ) he is the one that disappoints me the most
In my eyes the Scheickal dented his reputation but not completely, Law was clearly upset United went down, so I don't recall fans at the time
being critical of him at all, maybe I missed that

You could argue Best let us down many times, just in a very different way, his time at United ended at a time many players are in their prime, but
I don't recall many people getting angry, mostly sadness and frustration.

Sentiment over common sense for most fans, that's what makes us fans with emotions

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
In some respects yes, but all were fantastic at United.

Kidd was quite critical of United, Scheimical took the P**s on the pitch
Scheimecal still refers to United as "US" or "WE" so he seems to feel OT was his real home, not heard him say that about City, maybe I missed that.
Law however was always very respectful, and looked heartbroken when he scored " That Goal " but he just was doing his job as he should have
And it was not the decisive goal anyway, certainly not the way the press pushed it, United were relegated irrespective of Laws's goal.

There is no formula on how you view ex and retired players, it's your own feelings based on how you saw it at the time,
We see it as a permanent Bond when we have a new Hero, now more than ever, especially those not born near by, its a job,
they do the best they can, but if they played for someone else., they would ( and should ) do the best they can.

I'm from the era where I watched Kidd live on the pitch, ( along with Best and Charlton and others ) he is the one that disappoints me the most
In my eyes the Scheickal dented his reputation but not completely, Law was clearly upset United went down, so I don't recall fans at the time
being critical of him at all, maybe I missed that

You could argue Best let us down many times, just in a very different way, his time at United ended at a time many players are in their prime, but
I don't recall many people getting angry, mostly sadness and frustration.

Sentiment over common sense for most fans, that's what makes us fans with emotions
So Sparky did/said what exactly that makes him a cnut and not the others you've mentioned?

Red For Ever

So Sparky did/said what exactly that makes him a cnut and not the others you've mentioned?

I never mentioned him !! so Im not sure why you are asking, while some may have an issue over something he may have said, I can't recall him saying anything that bothered me that much,
can't speak for others.

They are a handful of examples that were brought up by someone else, I was answering his post specifically, I am sure there are others where opinion is divided, that's how it works.