33 years ago today....

Deglobalise Football

Supports
Harlepool United
He'd have been sacked if it wasn't for your brilliantly patient board back then. Why do they never get kudos?

stubie

Thank god Twitter and Youtube morons were not around back then

davidmichael

The joy this man has brought me is unparalleled and without question the greatest manager football has ever seen, thank you for everything Sir Alex.

fps

Thank god Twitter and Youtube morons were not around back then
Well they were, luckily they didn’t have as much of a voice. The internet has really levelled the playing field for morons.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He'd have been sacked if it wasn't for your brilliantly patient board back then. Why do they never get kudos?
Yep, its true.
Fergie would never have avoided the sack in today's game, he'd have been given 18 months at the very most.

clarkydaz

His health scare hit me like I could never have imagined. Deserves to enjoy his every last day

Raw

His health scare hit me like I could never have imagined. Deserves to enjoy his every last day
Same here, always pisses me off when I hear people consider bringing Fergie back for a few months to steady the ship. Even after that health scare! Let the man enjoy retirement ffs.

zenith

GOAT

Having said that, he would not have lasted at united as long as he did during that era.

What an incredibly patient board we had

DRM

Miss seeing him on the touchline! Legend

Bondi77

Our greatest ever signing.
What he achieved at Aberdeen as well was remarkable and it did surprise me it took him a while to get up and running at our great club but once he did it was over twenty years of being thoroughly entertained and sweeping the board with trophies.

Nickelodeon

I wish we could've involved him on the football side of things post his departure as well. Really needed his ruthlessness and decisiveness.

Nonetheless, what a legend. I'm quite sure that we might never see one man have such an impact on one club.

Reactions: Penna

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Sir Alex had such an impact on my life. He spoiled us and I cried when I found out he was in hospital with his life threatened. The boss gave me so much happiness and made me feel on top of the world. The greatest manager of all time and he was ours.

Red Star One

Best ever. Impossible to repeat his numbers. In the league he was as good as it gets, deserved at least one more European trophy though. How blessed we were.

Okey

The greatest manager in the history of the game. His greatness made even more obvious by the debacle since he left. Thank you Fergie. Always...

Fts 74

How blessed we were.
There will never be another like him and in some ways because of the success he brought us, helps me cope with the current situation we're in as I know how incredibly lucky I've been to live through his time as manager.

The greatest ever, not even up for debate.

TRUERED89

From 6th November 1986 until 8th May 2013
26 years 6 months and 2 days

If you were born on the 6th of November 1986 on the 8th of May 2013 if someone asked you your age you would say 26:)
Haha true, 26 and a half years then!